Part 14

Ryoushi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A team of Hyunsuk's men escorted Momo out of the station house with a collar attached to her neck with five foot poles on each end by which two of the guards had her and her hands cuffed behind her back. Momo wore a smile on her face the entire time. They got her into the back of an armored, extended length SWAT truck and Chaeyoung, Mina, and Jihyo all got into their car and followed them closely. A while later, driving miles outside of Seoul, they came to a small abandoned and, seemingly, hollowed out old factory. It was surrounded by a gate with warning signs to keep people out.

"Command Sigma?" Mina asked as they approached.

"You know this place?" Chaeyoung asked back.

"A little. I've never been here. I just happen to know a rumor."

"What rumor?"

"That the Akatsuki attacked here, years ago. The story is that one of the Clans had a contract to kill a commander in the Korean army. 30 ninjas were dispatched. Only one ever survived."

Chaeyoung stared at her, "Mina… do you think Momo…"

"I don't know. It was about 8 years ago. Truth is, I really have no idea what happened to her after she left the Myohizaki."

"I don't know if it was or not, but if anyone could find a way to kill everyone here…" Jihyo spoke up.

"Yeah, I don't like anything about this." Chaeyoung agreed.

"It's startling how much that feeling is mutual."

They drove to a small underground entrance that led to a tunnel, which opened up into the former factory. After they all got inside, the soldiers cautiously moved Momo out of the truck and deeper into the empty factory. Chaeyoung and Mina looked at each other as this situation was all too familiar.

"So, this is your plan?" Jihyo asked.

"Of course," one of the soldiers answered.

"This place is secluded. No one comes within ten miles of the place. God won't even know how to find her here," another soldier said.

"Careful what you say about God around me, boy," Jihyo rolled her eyes. "I may not beat you over the head with the Holy Bible but I won't let you go throwing around what He can and can't do."

The soldier spit. "Superstitious ."

"Wait," Chaeyoung called out. "So, that's it? You're just going to keep her in a bunker?"

"For now. After she answers all of the questions we have for her, we'll put her six feet under," one soldier arrogantly said while the rest of the soldiers had a laugh at that.

Mina, Chaeyoung, and Jihyo didn't even crack a smile.

Chaeyoung scoffed and rolled her eyes, "Yeah sure, this is gonna work."

"You don't believe us, lady?" the soldier asked.

"Let's just say that I've seen this exact same thing go horribly… horribly wrong."

"Don't worry so much, miss," Momo finally spoke up. "I'm sure these fine fellas know exactly what they're doing."

Chaeyoung, Mina, and Jihyo looked at each other, nervously, at Momo's remark.

Momo looked at the soldiers, "You know, I'm curious. How much is Mr. Yang paying all of you?"

One of the soldiers scoffed.

"More than you'll ever dream of."

Momo laughed.

"That's cute. You actually believe that."

"Oh please. Even if you get paid so much, it wasn't enough. You got captured and, after we're through with you, you're never gonna see the light of day again."

"I won't?"

"No. Not ever."

Momo grinned, "Oh! Then this might be more fun than I thought."

Mina stared at Momo, who looked over and returned her gaze with a smile. Mina could tell that the Pink Shuriken saw these arrogant soldiers’ words as a challenge. A challenge to a ninja assassin meant that it would be paid for in blood.

They entered the main part of Command Sigma, a facility surrounded by soldiers and cameras. Mina couldn't help but think that this wasn't enough security. She, Chaeyoung, and Jihyo were taken to a small office where Hyunsuk was while Momo was taken away.

"What is the point of this?" Jihyo asked Hyunsuk.

"I need to know what she knows," Hyunsuk answered. "So I can nail that bastard Jinyoung to the wall." He looked at Momo's phone in the evidence bag. He handed it to another soldier, "Crack it. Let me know what's on it."

"Yes, sir," the soldier walked out of the room with the phone.

Hyunsuk looked at Kwon Jiyong aka G-Dragon, the commander of the squad, "Go in there and make her talk."

"Roger that, sir," G-Dragon walked out of the office, taking a couple of soldiers with him.

"This is a bad idea," Chaeyoung whispered to Mina.

"It is," Mina agreed. "But let's see what happens."

"Do you think she planned this?"

"Possible.”

"Worst case scenario?"

Mina paused and stared at her, "I think it's best if I don't answer that."

Chaeyoung exhaled, "Yeah, I was afraid of that."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter