Part 18

Ryoushi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the decimation of Command Sigma, Mina and Chaeyoung rushed Jihyo to the hospital. The doctors had removed the bullet from her shoulder and she was resting comfortably but the problem now stood of what would happen next. With Yang Hyunsuk dead and Momo still out there, it was a matter of what actions needed to be made next; either keep moving and protecting Sunmi or see if there was another target still out there. After informing Nayeon of everything, MiChaeng stayed at the hospital to make sure Jihyo would be alright. Meanwhile, Nayeon went to work keeping Sunmi out of anyone's radar and doing more digging into the case to find out if anyone was left.

Chaeyoung stood nervously looking over Jihyo as she laid in the recovery bed, nervously biting her nails, while Mina stood with her arms folded and leaning against the wall.

After 20 minutes of resting, Jihyo opened her eyes and looked them both.

"Oh, God. I'm not dead. So, stop looking at me like that."

"Just…" Chaeyoung said, breathing a sigh of relief, "got close enough."

"It was a bullet through the shoulder. Believe me, I've been through worse."

Chaeyoung shrugged, "I wasn't there for those. I'm here for this one."

Jihyo chuckled. "Such a caring girl.” She leaned back and looked at Mina. "You hit Momo hard. You actually slowed her down. You hurt her. She knows she's met her match. You have to find her. Keep Lee Sunmi safe. Stop Momo. I believe you can."

Mina nodded.

"We're going to get her," Chaeyoung assured.

Jihyo looked at her and smiled. "Sweet eyes, strong fire behind them." She looked at Mina, "Easy to see why you fell for this girl."

Mina smiled and looked away.

Jihyo looked back at Chaeyoung. "And the other way around."

Chaeyoung just laughed.

"Did we ever hide it from you?" Mina asked.

"You did," Jihyo admitted. "For a while. But, after your night tracking Jinyoung, I could tell."

"Mind not telling Nayeon?" Chaeyoung asked. "I don't need the teasing. Not yet, anyway."

"Your secret is safe with me but we need to finish this. You two, go. Get back on track. I'll be just fine."

"Are you sure?" Mina asked.

"You're getting soft, girl. Something tells me you would ditch dead weight."

"Dead weight, yes." Mina smirked. "Not friends."

Jihyo smiled. "I'm fine. And nothing would make me happier than to hear that you brought that down."

 

 

Momo stumbled into her hideout, blood still dripping from her stomach. The patch job she had in place was lousy and she was aware of it, but it was enough to keep her alive but it wouldn't last much longer. She groaned as she went over to her wooden chest. She opened it up and pulled out several herbs, heated up some water, and quickly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter