Part 3

Ryoushi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the meeting, the question of sleeping arrangements for the night came into play. With some reluctance, Chaeyoung agreed to let Mina stay with her for the night while Nayeon arranged their next move in hunting down this new assassin.

It was a pretty much silent ride on the way to Chaeyoung’s flat. When they arrived, Mina looked around. She wasn't surprised that Chaeyoung had moved since the night they first met when one of her former Clan members almost succeeded in killing the forensic researcher. Her new flat was a lot like her old one, just in a different building, neighborhood, and larger.

"You can sleep on the couch," Chaeyoung said to Mina, in a rather grumpy tone.

Mina set her bag down by the couch and walked into the kitchen where Chaeyoung was.

"I'm not the most domesticated woman in the world but there is food if you're hungry. Or we can order, that’ll be easier."

"I know how to cook," Mina replied with a smile.

"Fine." Chaeyoung grabbed a few items from the fridge, trying to be civil.

Mina knew that Chaeyoung was angry, very angry, in fact. That was far too easy to tell. No point in avoiding this any longer; they were alone and no one would disturb them so she decided to go ahead and tackle this issue head-on. "I know you have a lot to say."

Chaeyoung slammed the plate down and shot a look of anger at her, "You're damn right, I have a lot to say."

"You're more than welcome to."

"I don't need your permission!"

"I know."

"You really want to do this now? Fine! Where the hell have you been?!"

Despite Chaeyoung’s anger, Mina remained calm.

"I had to make sure things were safe for you."

Chaeyoung couldn't believe that was her only answer. She walked straight up to the ninja, doing her best to get in her face, looking up a little because of their height difference. "That's all you have to say to me?! You left me alone in a hospital, disappeared for nine freaking long months, and that's the only reason?!"

"Chaeyoung…"

Chaeyoung was so close to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter