Part 2

Ryoushi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina sat on the plane, looking over her file of what she knew about the killings that matched the one that was committed in Lotte Hotel Seoul. She had seen impressive murders before from the Clan but this was, by far, the most different from any she had ever seen. Just from her first observation, the fact that guns and a cell phone were used was the dead giveaway. The Clan may use the new ways to get close to a target but the old ways were always used to make the execution. Mina knew that this assassin was someone very different but also very good.

However, she decided to contemplate all of this later. There was one thing that weighed far heavier on her mind than this brilliantly performed assassination: the girl she met nine months ago. More often than not, Chaeyoung had been on her mind since she left South Korea. Mina thought she would be easy to let go of but there was something about her that kept her on her mind, even more so than Tzuyu in recent days.

Mina couldn't lie to herself. While a part of her wanted to know about this killer, a greater part of her contacted Nayeon for one reason. For her.

'Son Chaeyoung.'

She didn't know what happened when she first met Chaeyoung and got to know her but, for some reason, she was different. It would have been easier to use her as bait against the Myohizaki but she chose to protect her instead; no matter how much more difficult it would have made things, she found her worth the risk. Ever since her departure, she thought about her every day. She missed her. She wanted to see her again. She even found herself hoping that she would. Part of her was hoping that seeing Chaeyoung would answer the question as to why she wanted to so badly, while the other part just wanted to see her and that this was the perfect way to do it. She could only hope that this business would be a matter that could be settled with as little incident as possible.

But she had a gut feeling that it would be nowhere near that simple.

--------------------

The night looked as though it would come with no sleep for Chaeyoung. It was already past 2 AM but she wasn't tired and she didn't really want to go sleep because she couldn't risk having another dream about Mina when she was about to see her again very soon. That would make the meeting all the more difficult to handle. She attempted to distract herself with the case and what they had so far but it was all useless. She stared at one page for a half hour and gave up when she realized she could barely remember how the first sentence started. Mina's face kept coming to her mind bringing some, admittedly wanted but very worthless, thoughts. She pushed the pages aside and decided to just try and relax for the rest of the night. She had a feeling that the coming days were going to be busy.

The following morning, Chaeyoung did everything she could to mentally prepare herself for what was about to happen but she wasn't sure if she would be, no matter how she prepared. Nevertheless, she readied herself at home the best she could. She got to work and walked into her office and immediately knew that someone was there. She looked to her left and, standing at her window, was the woman she met nine months ago. The ninja who fought with shadows and deadlier precision than a sniper. The woman who saved her life.

Mina turned around, pausing the second she laid eyes on Chaeyoung. She looked at her with an apprehensive look. Her voice caught for a second but she silently cleared and greeted her, "Hello, Chaeyoung."

Chaeyoung had to catch her breath just to say her name and just like in her dreams, she could barely whisper out, "Mina…"

Mina and Chaeyoung stared at each other in total silence, neither knowing what to say. While Chaeyoung was used to her silence, she had no idea that Mina was trying just as hard as her to find the right words.

Chaeyoung looked around curiously. She nervously ran her hand through her hair. "You… you're here to work on the case?" She immediately cursed herself in her mind for that being the first thing she said.

Mina nodded. "Yes."

"How did you find Nayeon’s trail?"

"It wasn't hard. She left it open enough for me to track."

"Have you seen her yet?"

"No. I came to see you first."

Chaeyoung’s anger rose at that, for reasons she wasn't going to get into now. She'd unload on her, soon enough. "We need to go see her," she said coldly.

Mina could tell that Chaeyoung was angry with her but she thought that was something that would wait until later, so she didn’t say anything back and just nodded.

Chaeyoung walked in Nayeon's office and Mina walked in right behind her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter