Part 13

Ryoushi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Momo sat in an interrogation room, completely isolated. They bandaged up all of her wounds and left her alone while they decided what to do with her. Momo looked around the room then looked at the camera and smiled.

--------------------

Watching from the feed in Nayeon's office, the team stared at the screen, trying to comprehend this situation.

Jihyo shook her head, "This doesn’t feel right."

"You feel it, too?" Chaeyoung asked.

"She let herself be captured that easily," Mina reasoned.

"I was thinking the same," Chaeyoung agreed.

"It doesn’t make sense. She followed you through the city in a damn semi-truck, crashing into everything along the way. That's not her. There's no point to that." Jihyo said.

Nayeon sighed, "Well, it's done for now. We need to talk to Sunmi and find Yang Hyunsuk."

"Any luck with the last part?" Chaeyoung asked.

"No. But we tracked his financials and there's the problem."

"How so?"

"He's protected." Nayeon hit a few keys on her computer, pulling up some information. "He hired the Big Bang Company."

"," Jihyo groaned.

"Who are they?" Chaeyoung asked.

"The Big Bang Company is an elite mercenary group. You have to be connected and have a lot of money to hire them. I've actually never faced them before," Mina explained.

"Count yourself lucky then." Nayeon looked at the screen with Momo. "Nightmare." She grabbed a folder, "Time to talk to Sunmi. You three come listen. We all need to hear this."

Nayeon walked into the interrogation room to speak with Lee Sunmi. The room was located as far from the room where Momo was kept as could be to avoid any possible attacks. To try, at least. Everyone knew not to make any promises at this point. The remaining three of the investigators looked through the one-way mirror as Nayeon spoke with Sunmi.

"Ms. Lee," Nayeon sat down, set a folder on the table, and opened it. "You're very lucky to be alive."

Sunmi was still gathering herself after the chase.

"Uh… s-so, I've noticed."

"Ms. Lee, what do you know about Park Jinyoung?"

"Uhm…" she exhaled. "He's… he's a scumbag."

"What's in this file?"

"Records."

"Of what?"

"He was part of the SK Entertainment International board and they were all into illegal trafficking activity."

"Illegal trafficking. What kind?"

"Drugs. All kinds of drugs a-and weapons. All over the world."

"Were they all involved?"

"I'm not sure." Sunmi motioned toward the folder, "This is just what I had access to for Jinyoung's emails and messages that I took care of."

Nayeon looked at the records, taking everything in.

"How'd they get away with it?"

"Pay offs." Sunmi sighed. "And a lot of people keeping quiet."

"Were you one of those people?"

Sunmi nodded, glumly.

"Well, you're brave to come tell us. But, why now?"

"I… I-I saw a photo of someone who died in one of the exchanges… by accident one day. Jinyoung told me to forget about it and keep my mouth shut." She looked off into space. "I know what those monsters did. All of them, not just Jinyoung." She shook her head. "I haven't slept through the night in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter