Epilogue

Ryoushi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-One month later-

Chaeyoung hated coming to this cemetery; it never made her feel any better. So much pain came with it. She remembered seeing her mother puffed out her last breath in a hospital bed and this was nothing but an unpleasant reminder. But, with a month having gone by since stopping the Pink Shuriken and talking with her sister, Chaeyoung needed to come here. With her life taking a new turn, she needed to do this for closure. However, this time, unlike every time before, when she stood at the grave of her mother, she was not alone.

Mina walked up next to her and took hold of her hand.

Chaeyoung kneeled down and placed the flowers at the base of the tombstone. "I love you, Mom... so much. I miss you every day.” The corners of tugged up into a small smile. “Things might be looking up, though. I'm talking to eonnie, again. She's… apologized. I wish you were here to hear it. I didn't do it all alone, though. I had help, someone who's been there with me." She stood up straight. She looked at her girlfriend then back at the grave. "This is Mina, Mom. She’s very special to me."

Mina smiled and gave a deep bow of respect in memory of the woman she'd never met but was grateful for.

Chaeyoung let a few tears fall. "Do you know… this dimple that you like so much? I got it from her."

"Then I’m sure she was just as adorable as you," Mina showed her gummy smile, and Chaeyoung almost melted right there.

"You have no idea."

"Do you think she would've liked me?"

Chaeyoung scoffed, "Are you kidding? Beautiful, strong, smart? She would've tried to date you."

They both had a good laugh at that.

"That would've been awkward." Mina said, chuckling.

Chaeyoung’s smile faded as another tear fell. "I miss her."

Mina looked understandably at her. "I know." She slowly reached out for her hand, her fingers brushing against her.

Chaeyoung took a firm grip of Mina’s hand before interlocking their fingers. She rested her head on the ninja’s shoulder. "I'm really glad you came back."

"Me too," Mina answered, placing a soft kiss on Chaeyoung’s temple.

 

 

-Three days later-

After being released from the hospital and getting back to Jeju Island, Jihyo walked back into her home, headed to her bedroom, and threw her bag on the bed. Hearing the faint sound of a door closing, she looked toward the downstairs and smiled. She walked back into the den and poured herself a Brandy. She grabbed a second glass and poured the drink in it, as well. "I didn't think it would take you this long to come see me." She picked up both glasses, turned, and looked at Momo, who was sitting in one of the chairs. "Mina must've really kicked your arse."

Momo chuckled. "Missed me?”

Jihyo just rolled her eyes, a small smile tugging on her lips.

“I can't lie: she put me through the edge." Momo took the glass of Brandy that Jihyo presented her with and adjusted herself in the seat. "That woman is damn good." She took a sip. "But I was also waiting until you came home. Hospitals are so impersonal plus I imagine the Korean government is still mad at me for Command Sigma."

"Hmm." Jihyo sat down, "Good point."

Momo took note of Jihyo's body language and couldn't help but notice one thing, "You're not worried I'm here to kill you."

Jihyo took a sip and shrugged. "If you want to, there's nothing I can do. Not like I could fight you off. Besides, you should know by now that I'm not afraid of death.”

Momo smirked. “Figured.”

“My parents want me to move back to the big city and quit my career. They have a small business there and want me to manage it.”

"Why don't you go?"

"I love Jeju. This is my home."

Momo looked around the room, "Yeah. Nice and peaceful lair, I suppose."

"It was to keep me quiet."

"Didn't work."

They laughed.

Jihyo stared at Momo, "Is Jinyoung dead

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter