Part 10

Ryoushi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That evening, in Gangnam, Mina examined herself in the full length mirror of her hotel room, checking out the outfit she was wearing for the evening. She and Chaeyoung decided to take Nayeon's advice and went shopping to find some nice clothes for the gala. Chaeyoung decided to have a little fun and have them each pick an outfit and not show the other right away. Mina couldn't figure her reasoning but went along with it anyway. As she stood in front of the mirror, however, she started to question the validity of her attire. She examined the silk victorian white ruffle long sleeve blouse, tucked in a designer high waist black trousers, and a black stiletto, with a high level of scrutiny; not exactly her style but this was the only way to learn if Park Jinyoung was Momo's employer or another target. Mina understood the mission, even if it meant she had to put on very binding clothing. This was one of the few times in her life she felt, justifiably, uncomfortable.

Her discomfort became a very distant thought when the bathroom door opened and Chaeyoung exited, wearing a flawless off-shoulder black knee-length dress that hugged every curve of her body.

Mina could count on one hand the number of times something took her breath away; in a positive manner, anyway. The night she and Chaeyoung spent together was the first and foremost; seeing the forensic researcher in a dress that made her think like any other person after laying eyes on her was a very close second. She, now, saw the perfect reason to wear the uncomfortable attire- she had to look somewhat worthy of standing next to Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung saw it in Mina’s eyes. She couldn't believe the feeling it gave her. She had seen men and women want her before, especially ever since becoming known after the Myohizaki incident, but to see it in Mina was new and exciting. When she looked at the ninja in formal attire, the feeling became mutual. Mina didn’t seem to realize how gorgeous she was herself. Chaeyoung smiled cutely, "You look so different, Mina. So beautiful."

Mina was at a loss for words, ignoring the compliment that was just thrown at her. She couldn't help but gaze at Chaeyoung’s beauty; her perfect bare shoulders had Mina imagining somewhat naughty thoughts.

"I don't look that bad, do I?" Chaeyoung joked.

"Not at all," Mina exhaled. "You are so beautiful, Chaeyoung."

Chaeyoung blushed. She wondered how Mina constantly made her do that.

"Thank you. You look… amazing yourself."

Mina remembered she was even in formal attire.  She looked down at her outfit, "I've never worn this kind of clothing before."

Chaeyoung smiled at how cute Mina was. She approached her and smoothed nonexistent creases on her blouse.

"What? Have you never been on a date?"

"No."

That surprised Chaeyoung. She stopped what she was doing and looked at Mina.

"Are you serious?"

Mina nodded.

Chaeyoung smirked, "Guess you have a lot to learn."

Mina moved closer to her, leaving barely any space between them for a thought to get through.

"You could… teach me."

Chaeyoung brought her hand up to Mina’s cheek and whispered, "Give me time. I will." She traced her jaw line. "But we have work to do right now."

Mina nodded. They walked to the door and she opened it for Chaeyoung, "What about after the party?"

Chaeyoung heard that low, seductive tone of Mina’s voice. She decided to match it.

"Well… we're off the clock then. But like the old saying goes: business before pleasure."

Another rarity for Mina when her heart skipped a beat. And she liked it.

"All right. As long as you’re sure it will really be pleasurable."

"Oh, believe me, it will be."

--------------------

After entering the gala, Mina saw no sign of Momo, thankfully. She figured there was a 50/50 chance of her arriving, whether Park Jinyoung was a target or not. Even so, she would have to do her best to keep an eye for the Pink Shuriken. Though, that was easier said than done. But for now, all seemed to be innocuous, much to Mina's relief. After being assured Momo wasn't present, Mina found it hard to focus on anything else but her date for the evening. Chaeyoung was always cute and beautiful but, tonight, she put her best foot forward and she was the most beautiful woman she'd ever laid eyes on. Her dress hugged her curves so well that Mina couldn't get thoughts of their night of passion out of her head. She was even wearing high heels that made her backside even more prominent.

Chaeyoung glanced over her shoulder, saw Mina’s stare, and smiled.

"Enjoying the view?"

The slightest hint of a blush hit Mina’s cheeks.

Chaeyoung’s smile deepened. Seeing Mina all flustered and shy because of her, made her feel things she shouldn’t be feeling right at that moment. She took a glance at Park Jinyoung then back at Mina, "We can finish this fast and get out of here."

"Not too quickly. Avoid suspicion," Mina replied.

Chaeyoung leaned closer to Mina, leaning her back against the ninja.

"The way you're looking at me, you don't seem like you wanna wait."

"I don't. But, I have a lot of patience, Chaeyoung. Besides…" Mina leaned closer to whisper in Chaeyoung’s ear, "…good things come to those who wait. That was proven the second I met you." She kissed her cheek.

Chaeyoung almost melted immediately.

"Who knew you were such a romantic?"

"I didn't… until I met you."

The rest of the evening was lovely and full of subtle display of affection. If it wasn't for the fact that they were on a specific assignment, Chaeyoung would've considered this to be a very nice date. Mina was actually enjoying herself as well. She loved being around Chaeyoung. But she did know that they had a job to do. She didn't stare at Jinyoung but she was aware of where he was at all times, although a little difficult with Chaeyoung holding on to her hand. They pretended to chat with each other while they observed their target.

"How do we get to him?" Chaeyoung whispered.

"I have a couple of ideas," Mina whispered back.

"Do any of them involve a sharp object?"

"Some. But I don't think that's the correct approach."

"Then what?"

"One idea but it's kinda embarrassing."

"Now, I have to hear it."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter