Fourth Part| Irene

Linking Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fourth Part| Ghost

Irene

 

I missed him. That was the first thing in my mind as I saw his smile.

            It was as if he never grew old. He still has that unruly brown hair, his dimples that made him look so endearing… it was as if nothing changed. He still looks like that guy from five years ago, the one I fell in love with.

            And as he spoke, my heart melted. Tears streaming down my face as I wanted to do nothing but to be in his embrace.

            “There goes my favorite girl...” Despite the lowness of his voice, as if he never spoke for such a long time, I knew it was still him. The smile on his lips, the admiration in his now foggy eyes were still there. It is still Bogum, my Bogum.

            “B-Bogum—“I sobbed, looking through his translucent skin. He was just a ghost, I know. He wouldn’t come back, I know. And yet, I was happy. Partly guilty as well for his death. If only I moved quicker that day, I would’ve pushed him away. I would’ve saved him.

            The sight of him again was closing doors in my heart that was long open to await his return.

            I miss him.

            I love him.

            “Irene… you are still as beautiful as ever.” It was a simple compliment. It was, the only difference was that it was from him… and that it took me five years for me to hear it again when I thought I wouldn’t even see a trace of him anymore.

            “Oh Bogum… I-I really missed you…” The words rolled out of my lips, waiting for him to respond. He slowly nodded his head, his figure seemingly disappearing in a moment. I have a lot to say, but the words doesn't seem to form sentences in brain at all. 

            “I know, my dear… but I don’t have enough time, nor the power to go back.” A small chuckle escaped his lips. “You need to learn how to let go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter