Third Part| Seulgi

Linking Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Third Part| Such Beauty

Seulgi

 

Every time I stare at the mirror, I almost couldn’t believe how I look.

Brown, curly locks dangling below my hat, dark, smoky gray eyes... I’ve grown up a lot. Almost to the point that I couldn’t recognize myself anymore. Was I still the same love sick person from fifteen years ago? The same immature girl who whined about a love she wanted?

            I know I’m not.

            Back then, I was childish. I didn’t know what consequences would come with trying to mess up with the system, with trying to overwrite destiny. Now, mingling with the gods and the game of love, I guess I’ve gotten wiser. Except that everyone’s a little fool in love.

            I deserved this punishment. It was the consequence of my childish acts that holds no excuse.

            Fifteen years ago, today, I was given this punishment to be a matchmaker of Cupid.

 

            “Why are you staring at the mirror? Admiring how good looking you are again?” Irene snorted as she passed by her bedroom’s door, staring at me.

            A smirk found its way to my lips.

            “Of course. How do I look?”

            She rolled her eyes. “Exceptionally ordinary. Anyway, fix yourself quickly. Dinner’s almost done.” She was about to go but stopped and glared at me. “And you better go home right after! All I want to do right now is to mope and sleep because you literally erased every trace of Bogum in my life!”

            I stared at her disappearing figure and laughed.

            While spending time with this mortal, I learned one more thing.

            Humans… say a lot of things. They spur nonsense a lot, say a lot of promises that only gets broken in the end. And despite those lies, they were pr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter