Sixth Part| Seulgi

Linking Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sixth Part| Under Blinding Lights

Seulgi

Irene’s taunting laughter filled the arcade. I just want to hide behind my wings and vanish from my spot.

            “I win!!! IN YA FACE!!!” She cheered after winning Tekken 6 against me for five times in a row. I just want to hide in shame. I’ve played that games loaaaaaaaaaaaaaaads of times and I couldn’t believe she won against me and claim I’m not very good at this, to be honest. Aphrodite definitely did this against me! The world totally conspires against me!

            Life is indeed unfair.

            “This is a conspiracy…” I muttered unbelievingly, staring at the words ‘You Lose’ on the screen. “I can’t accept this! You definitely cheated!”

            “Wha—just accept your defeat, loser!!! Let’s play another round!”

            Ahhh Irene’s even pushing my buttons!! I’m not gonna let myself be humiliated again! Never!

           "You definitely used dark magic and I'll definitely figure out what you did!"

            “Oh please!" Irene rolled her eyes.

            "Come on, let’s just play another game.”

            “Basketball????” Her eyes sparkled at the thought. “Let’s go, let’s go Sseul!”

            Something tugged in me. Something that was never there for a while.

            Sseul…? It’s been such a while since I had an endearment like that.

            She grabbed my wrist, excitedly, as if she didn’t notice herself calling me that.

            Just like that, I let her drag me.

 

            “What song do you like to sing?” Irene asked as we settled inside the cramped space of a karaoke booth in the arcade. We just finished playing loads of games that Irene obviously won. I couldn’t even believe it myself.

            She was putting a good use of today. In fact, we were able to do everything she wanted for this day. From watching some movies at home, going out for lunch and playing arcade until our bodies sore. I was having fun myself. Who would have thought that playing around in jeans and t-shirts would’ve been fun? All my life, as a child of Aphrodite, I was taught that dates were supposed to be fancy, sweet, with all the magical ordeal. I was wishing for that since I was 12.

            I was able to meet someone who was completely my type, but the one wasn’t meant for me.

            If I only knew then how something so simple could be something so beautiful… I would’ve waited a little bit more.

            Now it was probably too late.

            “Hey, Seulgi?” Irene asked, snapping her fingers right in front of my eyes.

            “O-oh sorry, I was just thinking of some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter