Fifth Part| Seulgi

Linking Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fifth Part| Cruel

Seulgi

 

Irene is too thin. For once I thought she was a feather.

        “You really should eat more.” I muttered, tucking an enchanted white hanky to my pocket before carrying Irene’s body in my arms. She was in a deep slumber, and that was the gift I can give to her right now.

          After tucking her to bed, I noticed a faint smile on her lips.

        “You’re probably dreaming of something nice now huh? Probably Bogum…?” The words ran out of my lips. It was the spell of the hanky that affected her. I got it as a gift from my mother three years ago. The handkerchief was enchanted, putting the user of it in a deep, peaceful sleep and fends off any hint of nightmares. Irene deserves happy dreams from now on. She deserves to be happy.

       After staring at her face while she’s in slumber, I gathered up to my feet and finally called out to the stranger standing by the window.

      “Well, well, well… what is a daughter of Hermes doing around me? You want me to match make you with some human, my dear friend?” My voice went out a little menacing, even if I didn’t mean it. Love is cruel anyway. As you look for it, it bites back when you least expect it.

       “Cut the chase, Seulgi unnie. I’m just here to send a message. Besides… don’t you miss me?” The stranger stepped forward to light. A little girl with pigtails and a cheeky grin that totally rubs on me.

         I groaned, finally getting the hint of her message.

        “Yeri~! Can’t you wait until I’m finished with my mission? I promise I’ll be a good girl from now on! Just no more messages from gods and their stupid requests, please!!” I wanted to throw tantrums everywhere but stopped. Zeus might zap me awake. I don’t want that. “I missed you too, by the way rascal!”

         I whispered the last part that she just grinned at. Of course she can hear it. Hermes is also the god of gossipers anyway. Pffft.

        “But unnie, I’m a child of the Messenger of the Gods, what do you expect?”

       “A birthday card or

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter