Seventh Part|Seulgi

Linking Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seventh Part| Daughter of Hermes

Seulgi

Hermes’ children are the ones I most fear among demigods. And no, not because they are powerful, witty or skilled. It’s of their ability to irk you in their best way possible.

            The thing is, I don’t fear or hate Park Sooyoung—or Joy as she liked to be called. Joy is too carefree and cool to be hated by a mere Love God’s follower. And more than that, as much as I want to rub that teasing smirk from Joy’s lips, I can’t. She’s probably the first mortal—well half-mortal—who doesn’t think Cupid’s that little baby flying around on Valentines. She doesn’t think that love’s a joke. Above all, she’s here for a reason.

            “My Lord has sent you here for this mission…?” I sneakily asked Joy while Seungwan excused herself to the bathroom. Irene… well, she was somehow out of it, although I don’t know why.

            Joy nodded her head, tucking a lose strand of her hair behind her ear and smiled. “Well technically, my father did. It was something about an old favor my dad has on your boss. Speaking of, the Love God is surely scary when I first met him. No wonder a lot of gods were driven mad because of love.”

            A laugh escaped my lips.

            “Yeah, you’re right. Fifteen years and he still gives me the jitters to be honest.” I almost shivered after saying that. Even the thought of my boss is seriously killing me.

            I mean, you really think that it’s nice and dandy when you work under the God of Love? Well you thought wrong. Matchmakers like me don’t even get holidays. We work all year long, 24/7, without end.

            Why, you ask? Well love has been there ever since the primordial gods are born. Love does not have pauses and breaks. If it does, it’s not real, it’s not worth keeping.

            Silence would’ve enveloped us if it weren’t for the wide eyes of Irene, as if something just sink in to her brain.

            “Wait. Woah… WOAH... Y-You—“ her attention directed at Joy, as if the latter had bored holes or something. “And a daughter of Hermes?! YOU’RE ANOTHER DEMIG—“

            Before Irene could even proceed, her best friend made the decency to shut her up. Joy clamped her palm against Irene’s lips and stopped her from continuing. I decided to just watch on the sidelines, with an amused grin. Irene always had those amusing reactions on her face. It’s too cute for me to resist.

            “For the Olympians’ sake, Irene unnie! Don’t scream that out loud or else we get in trouble!” Joy hissed, removing her grip from her friend and wiped the collective drool in her palm. “Gods, why are you such a disgusting creature?”

            “Hey, you’re not one to talk! I can’t believe that I-I’ve been f-friends with a half-God all this time!” Irene, thankfully, screamed that one in hushed tones. (If you get what I’m saying then good.) “How can you keep such secret from me, Park Sooyoung?!”

            “Geez, and what do you expect me to say? Oh hey unnie! My father’s got a pair of winged sandals and actually gives out your monthly phone bill—OF COURSE I WON’T TELL YOU! Besides, I’m not like this lucky oaf here! All she has to do is fire arrows in the air and make people ‘fall in love’!” Joy acted to hit me with her elbow but I easily dodged it. Instead, another laugh escaped my lips.

            “Winged sandals?” Joohyun mouthed at me.

                I shrugged. “Her father’s the messenger of the Gods and the God of travel, inventions and thieves. I’m sure he has that.”

            “Hey, my job isn’t that easy!” I retorted back. “You don’t get daily complaints about failed love relationships just because people try to find their true love instead of letting love find them!”

            “Yeah, I would rather have that than having a ten-foot monster on your tail every other day! I’ve been almost scorched to death by a Chimera a few days ago!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter