Sixth Part| Irene

Linking Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sixth Part! Stages and Songs

                                                                                                                                                   Irene

 

I’ve never felt so free, so relaxed before. Above all, I’ve never felt so at bliss… not in the last five years I was locked up in the bottle of my sad feelings.

            Love wasn’t just being happy though. Most of the times, it was those sad feelings.

            At least now, for a while, I was free from it.

            The night wasn’t dark with the city’s lights dotting the atmosphere like the stars in the sky. The moon was a sliver and so is my heart.

            I was at peace, and there’s such no time that my name compliments me until now.

            Seulgi and I were walking side by side, our paces matching. She was looking ahead, looking disturbed. She has that look since the start of the day, when we watched TV while sitting next to each other. There was that space between us that I can’t even cross. I was able to distract her when we were playing. And I was able to see that cheeky grin on her face again.

            But that disturbed look kept coming back, even when we sang.

            Kang Seulgi has such a wonderful voice though. I give you that. It sounds so soothing, so pure. And when I looked into her eyes, I realize she used to only sing for a certain someone, someone really important.

            That’s when it struck me, what she was probably thinking.

            “You’re thinking about her, don’t you?”

            She seemed taken aback, trying to pretend that she was clueless. It didn’t  work for me for all I see was denial in her eyes.

            “W-what are you talking about? Who??”

            “That girl from last night…” I paused, seeing how her expression turned a little bit more serious, hinting me that I was right. “You’re thinking about her the whole day.”

            “Fine.” Seulgi finally admitted. “I was thinking about her.”

            “You never finished your story.”

            She shrugged, still walking ahead with her hands on her pockets.

            “You wouldn’t really want to hear it, trust me. If I tell you what happened, you might hate me… hate Love rather.”

            “I wouldn’t, trust me, Seu—“

            I was cut off when we reached the club’s entrance. The music from the inside already booming in volume that I’m sure Seulgi won’t be able to hear me. Still, I tried to whisper on her ear.

            “It’s not your first time in a bar, right?!”

            She nodded her head and smiled. “Of course, it’s a hot spot for my job!”

            “What—really?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter