Fourth Part| Irene

Linking Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fourth Part| The God of Death

Irene

A short pop quiz! Who is the god of death?

            Did you answer Hades?! Great, that was my first answer too! But e-eeeeeek! That’s wrong. It’s not Hades at all. My whole childhood is a lie. That Disney movie Hercules is a lie. I couldn’t believe it.

            I couldn’t believe I’m meeting the real God of Death in less than ten minutes.

            “Ah, Seulgi! Please, I’m not planning to get out of my bed today—tonight! So please, just go and leave me! Let’s do all the steps tomorrow okay? Let me sleep first and dream about Bogum, pleaaaaaaaaaaaase!”

            My whines were endless as I was hugging my pillow in my bed, wishing and praying that the idiot in my room was just part of the bittersweet dream I was currently having. It was another dream with Bogum, another happy dream with him. In the dream, we were happily eating our dinner while he sings some songs in the air. His smiles were perfect, every single one of it.

            It looks perfect. Terribly perfect.

            And just when I thought it was never ending, I received a huge slap in my face with a pillow.

            “Heyyyy it’s really time to wake up, Irene-ssi! Get your off the bed already!” Kang Seulgi’s voice roared in the room, slapping me again with a pillow on my . “It’s time for the second step! And well we’re meeting someone so you better dress up appropriately!”

            I gave up later. Kang Seulgi would be the most annoying creature I’ve ever met in this planet.

            “Who are we meeting anyway?! Why do I have to dress up?? I don’t even try to look good in front of my bosses. Ugh!” My patience were wearing thin and so is Seulgi’s watch. She kept checking her time and shouting how many minutes do we have left. After slipping in my four inches heels, Seulgi finally answered me.

            “We are meeting the God of Death, Irene-ssi!  Of course you have to look good! I mean, who knows, if this is your last day, you better need to look pretty, rig—a-ack!!!”

            “What?!” I exclaimed, realizing what she just said. We were already outside of my apartment, and I swore I almost pushed her to the road if I wasn’t able to stop myself. I did smack her head though.

            “For a pretty lady, you do talk a lot.” Seulgi snorted before showing another bright smile. She took my hand suddenly and dragged me down the sidewalk. I was about to ask her where she’s taking me, but her hold was somehow distracting me. After five years of moping around, I never really had such skinship with another person—well she’s not exactly human but you get the point—and my interactions were solely dependent on my friend Joy and that’s pretty much it.

            I’m a boring person.

            Seulgi’s hand was warm, contrary to what I’ve expected from the half-God. I mean, vampires are imm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter