Fourth Part| Seulgi

Linking Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fourth Part| Love and Death

Seulgi

 

I almost peed my pants.

           The Death God Thanatos was waiting for us by Park Bogum’s tomb, with a brooding expression as if he was wondering when my death will come. It’s like he was wishing for it to come sooner…

I thought I was gonna die, right there and then.

            His eyes were dark that could’ve driven any mortal insane to the point of inflicting pain and death to themselves. It scares me to the core, but I kept up a front and squeezes Irene’s hand slightly, trying to comfort her before the immortal. In the god’s hands was a scythe, a symbol of his power as a death god.

            “Your highness…” I called out; bowing down as a sign of respect although I did my best not make my knees wobble in nervousness. I’m not really fond with those friends under the earth. They look like the things I see in scary movies. With those wrinkled dark skin and ghost like eyes. Despite how fear from love and death are almost the same…

Irene followed what I did, a bit awkwardly.

“I-I’m sorry if we were a little late.” I stuttered, not looking at his eyes because if I did, I’m pretty sure he’ll think of ways to kill my pretty face.

            He shook his head, and with a low voice, he replied.

            “My job is to make sure that the death won’t come to the living, and that comes along with strict deadlines. Still, I can forgive you two for now.” His eyes travelled down to the mortal standing next to me, his gaze lingering on our intertwined hands a second longer. “I suppose you are the mortal Eros was talking about. I must say I’m surprised you are calm right now.”

            I glanced at Irene, and saw her bit her lip and nodded her head. A chuckle escaped my lips. If only the god know, Irene is freaking out in her brain by now.

            “What’s your name, mortal?” Thanatos asked, coldly and icily that even I almost pitied Irene for meeting such a powerful figure for her first time. It would’ve been better if it was Janus, the god of doorways, choices, beginnings and endings, or Morpheus who was the god of dreams.

            Okay, actually no. Those two are somehow scarier than the death god himself.

            I nudged Irene’s elbow and she stuttered out loud, embarrassedly.

            “I-I’m Irene B-Bae…” She even bowed down again, scared out of her wits.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter