Sixth Part| Irene

Linking Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[note: I suggest for you guys to bookmark your last chapters btw. I am kinda irregular with updates so you might get confused. :) Thank you for all the subscribers and upvotes! Seriously guys, you are the best! ]

 

Sixth Part| Indulge Yourself

Irene

 

“Why didn’t you tell me you had such smokin’ hot friend, Irene unnie! I can’t believe you didn’t introduced me to her! Is she taken??? Can I flirt with her—aack!”

            A slap went straight into Joy’s face the moment Seulgi walked through the door that morning.

            I groaned, couldn’t believe how much of a blabbermouth my friend actually becomes when she sees a good looking girl.

            The rain outside was pouring heavily. The morning totally gloomy just like my heart. I didn’t understand how I went through all that last night and not freak out. I couldn’t believe how easy I accepted it last night when now I felt like a train ran over me with all the realities in life. Bogum is now truly gone. And he told me to move on. That I can find the one destined for me from now on.

            Of course, I couldn’t tell Joy any of it. She doesn’t know anything about gods. In fact, she might think I’m a lunatic.

            And if I start talking about how Seulgi is indeed a daughter of the goddess of Love, I know she would start laughing at me.

            Unnie, I know Seulgi’s smokin hot and has a body to die for but that just sounds so ridiculous! Joy would totally say that. Trust me.

            And so, I decided to just shut up and pretend that Seulgi was just a new neighbor that I happened to befriend with in the last three days.

            Three days… I couldn’t believe how little time has passed when it felt like a lot of things happened. Just three days before, I thought that nothing would ever stop me from grieving for Bogum’s death. Now, I finally got the closure I needed and is ready to let him go.

            I never thought things would change that quickly.

            Maybe Seulgi was indeed the one I was wishing for that night when I was drunk. My whole story turned a twist when she showed up.

            And… I’m really thankful for it.

            She was really… a dream come true.

 

            “So unnie… can I call dibs on her???” I almost puked at Joy’s stupefied grin, but instead shrugged and playfully slapped her shoulders.

            “You wouldn’t want to mess with Seulgi, Joy. She knows how to play the Game of Love” I even quoted the last three words in the air. Joy just laughed.

            “Well, I’d like to try and play it with her. I never lost before! I can make her mine!”

            “Gosh, and why are you so confident?” I shook my head lightly, pushing her away to the door. “Just go home and thank you for dropping by, Joy. I appreciate it!”

            “Wow, so now that you have a goddess-like friend in your humble abode, you’re pushing me away??? You’re most beautiful and only best friend?! Ouch, I’m hurt Irene unnie!”

            Chuckling, I countered. “Don’t worry, you are still the number one in my heart! I just have something to do with Seulgi and I don’t think she’ll be comfortable with you ogling at her all the time—“

            “Oh please, every human being wants to have a taste of me!” Oh but she’s not entirely human, Joy! “And it’s an honor to be stared at by a goddess like me, Irene unnie! Or if not, maybe I am a daughter of a goddess a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter