Fifth Part| Irene

Linking Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fifth Part! Son of Aphrodite

Irene

 

“So all this time, Bogum was a son of Aphrodite??? You’re half-siblings?!” I exclaimed at Seulgi with wide eyes as we walked back to my home, my mind going crazy with scenarios in my head. “How come I didn’t know that? He never told me anything when we were dating! So that was what he was hiding from me all the time?!”

            I recalled the memories of my past boyfriend avoiding glances, his eyes as if hiding a huge lie. It wasn’t a lie, thereof, but as a secret better kept as one.

            “Ehh, you could say that… since I never left my commitment to my mother despite the fact that I joined Eros’ workers. Met that guy five years ago. I was about to finish my contract, when he begged to be with you longer, that I should make a connection with the two of you.”

            “W-what? So that means--?”

            “He got me for a new set of arrows that was the gift of our mother to him. I couldn’t say no so I did, which caused a breach to my contract and an addition to five years of service. And to be honest, I wasn’t ready to go back to my life yet back then.”

            Seulgi explained it as if it was the easiest thing a daughter of Aphrodite could say. I almost couldn’t understand what she was saying though. And yet, I can’t keep mum.

            “So it wasn’t my fault after all that I am grieving like this! YOU ARE THE ONE PROLONGING MY AGONY!”

            She rolled her eyes, tucking a strand of her hair on her ear.

            “Oh please, I didn’t use the Ultra-Heart Studded Arrows of Eros to shoot you too. That would give me five thousand years instead of five years of service, Irene! I got you with the weakest heart arrows though. So the effect would be disappeared after a year. You should’ve moved on long ago. It’s still your fault.” She stuck her tongue out at me. I almost smacked her if she wasn’t taller and quicker than me. “A—nyway~ Since we are done with Step Two, we are down to three steps left! Rest up well tonight, Irene-ssi! We have a looooooooooooooooooooong day ahead tomorrow!”

            “Tss… whatever.” I shrugged, burying my cold hands on the pocket of my parka. The night was really chilly after all. I glanced at Seulgi, who was now dressed up like any other person. Her wings were gone, but not the red Fedora in her head. I told her earlier to remove it but she refused. I am still in duty, she said. It’s a breach of contract and I don’t want another year added to my service. It’s hard becoming a matchmaker, you know. It’s not easy!

            “Feeling cold?” She asked, walking next to me. She was just wearing a long sleeve white button down made of a thin material. I should be the one asking her, but then judging by how my body trembles, I said yes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter