Sixth Part| Seulgi

Linking Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Special Part (6.5)| What Humans Do Best

Seulgi                  

 

You don’t run away from the person you profess to love.

            Irene repeatedly said that to me that night. She seemed frustrated, mad. Her eyes were boring holes in my body that for a moment, I thought I might really erupt in flames. She was punching my shoulders, as if to wake me up in a dream I am currently at.

            I was clueless at first. I didn’t know what she was so mad about.

            I didn’t know how my act seemed like that evening.

            “I loved you…that’s why I’m setting you free, Seungwan-ah…”

            After tasting Seungwan’s lips for the last time, I turned around and walked away. I can hear her sobs haunting me in the back of my mind. She tried to hold unto me, to not let me go…

            But I did what I am best at, like how love is.

            I walked away when I’m no longer needed, like a wilted flower in winter.

            I didn’t turn around and glance at her for the last time. No, I was afraid I would crumble at the sight of Seungwan’s fragile state. If I walk back into her life, I know… I know I would just put her through another pain.

            At least, I know she’ll be alright. She will be.

            She’s no longer tied with me.

            She’s free.

 

            But of course… Irene doesn’t know that.

            “A-ack!” I groaned, feeling something hard hitting my head as I walked out of the club. There were barely a few people around that I couldn’t even find someone who could save me from this grandma’s wrath.

            Correction: I’m supposed to be the grandma, considering how my aging process stopped fifteen years ago.

            “What’s wrong with you?!” I screamed as Irene kept hitting me in my back, arms, legs, everywhere, you name it. She seems to be ready to kill me. I didn’t know why she is though.

            “You don’t run away from the person you profess to love!!” She screamed in my ear, almost making me deaf if it weren’t for the words she meant.

            Oh…

            “Geez… you don’t have to be so mad, Irene-ssi! You’re acting as if you were the one dumped, not Seungwan!” I spat out, hoping that she’ll stop with her rage.

            She did, but that didn’t mean she wasn’t mad anymore though… poor me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter