Third Part| Irene

Linking Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Third Part| The First Night

Irene

I swore I almost killed Kang Seulgi with my bare hands.

“ARGH!! I SHOULD’VE KNOWN! YOU BETTER WALK THREE METERS AWAY FROM ME, KANG SEULGI!!! I DON’T CARE IF EROS OR APHRODITE EVEN ZAP ME AWAY!!! I’M SO GONNA KILL YOU IF DARE COME CLOSE!!! YOU FCKING IDIOT—“

            Behind me, walking with her head hung low, was Kang Seulgi. Almost apologetic, almost sorry for me to forgive. However, by now I realized that any child of the Goddess of Love are deceiving creatures. They will lure you in with their goddamned good looking smiles before they make you do their bidding! Trust me, next time if you meet a very good looking idiot, think twice. It could be a deceiving monster in disguise and will play around you. Really.

            Okay, maybe you are confused. It’s just, about an hour ago, Seulgi used charmspeak to me in order to make me delete EVERY TEXT MESSAGE Bogum sent me in my past. This deceiving witch… She even threw away every remnant of my boyfriend and set it on fire. Of course, I was almost in a trance when it happened. And when the magic died down, I can feel every part of my body burning in ashes. It’s like all traces of Bogum in my life were erased by her very hands.

            I wanted to cry, scream and hate her to guts. How dare she do that?! I never planned in actually giving in to her mission. I don’t want to forget Bogum. I deserve every moment grieving and missing him. I love him that much.

            Okay, maybe Seulgi is right. Maybe I actually believe in the love I was begging to know again… but maybe, I got it all wrong from the start.

            “Here.”

            I stopped on my tracks as my gaze dropped to a red stuffed bear. Seulgi was already standing next to me, looking at the horizon of the Han River. Her right arm was stretched out to give me the bear, the bear Bogum gave me on our first anniversary.

            I took it in my arm and hugged it, remaining traces of his presence in my life are still there.

            “I didn’t mean to break your heart. I told you before right? That it would be painful to forget. I’ve been around messing with the world called Love so I know how much it would’ve hurt but…”

            She no longer continued her words. Instead, she just stared at the river with a solemn expression. The wind was passing through us, as I looked ahead as well. The night was refreshing, despite the ache of my heart.

            “Step One: Erase every single remnant of your ex in your life.” Seulgi muttered in the air, “It’s hard to forget something when everything around reminds you of that person. How can you move on when you still keep clinging on the past?”

            I sighed.

            “I never begged to forget him, to move on. All I wished was to believe in love again.”

            I mentally cursed. Here I was, standing next to a mythical person who shouldn’t be in my life. And here I was, lying to myself yet again. In all honesty, I just want to be happy again, like the way I was happy on his arms. Park Bogum.

            He was the best thing in my life. And if  Cupid really is real, he must’ve shot an arrow so hard that I can’t forget Bogum in my life. I love him… and when he died right in front of me, it took a huge emotional and physical toll on me. I couldn’t eat f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter