Seventh Part| Irene

Linking Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seventh Part| Lair

Irene

 

            I can still feel Seulgi’s lips, traces of it still lingering in my nerve endings. I must be crazy. Really, I am.

            We were walking in silence, with me calmly following her behind. I wanted to walk beside her, walk in pace with each other. However, I kept my distance. Her gaze was avoiding me while I’m lost with the surge of emotions that hit me before.

            I was unsure. It’s been so long since I last felt such feelings, fluttering feelings. I don’t want this to be a one-time thing. I don’t want to assume that all this is special when it could just be an outcome of being lonely for too long. I didn’t want to fall right in when I don’t even know if it’ll have a chance, …if we’ll have a chance.

             The Louvre was silent as the night deepens, actually nearing the sunrise. Security was supposed to be everywhere, but the men in uniform didn’t budge as Seulgi and I walked through Napoleon Hall and into the Pyramid entrance.

          The walk almost felt endless, the atmosphere was awkward and eerie. My eyes casually fixed to the back of her head, as she wouldn’t even glance back. Not once.

            I wanted to ask if she regretted it, kissing me. However, my lips were shut tight and my courage long gone. Maybe next time. If I had the chance.

            “Here we are.” Seulgi mumbled, a hint of shyness as we reached the information desk. Her ears were red, like really flushed red.

            I was about to ask her about it when a shadow stopped me. It was too big that in the dimly lit lobby, I almost swore I saw a monster. For a moment, I was totally ready to freak out.

            And then I realized who—what it was.

            “Well hello, ladies! Would you mind having some?”

            A man, many inches taller, came into view and for a moment, I was in a total awe. It was, almost as if, I was entranced.  . He was wearing a black suit and blue tie, with his right hand lifting a tray filled with different pastries I never seen before. The young man has grey, blonde hair with striking dark blue eyes. He’s tall and good looking and for a moment, I almost forgot I ever fell in love with Park Bogum before

            Wow, I can’t believe I’ll ever admit that so openly. But even for a girl who doesn’t really look at a person’s appearance (which is really me, by the way), I would say even I would fall for him in a heartbeat.

Before I could step forward and take a strange pink cookie though, I felt someone’s hands holding mine back. Warm and soft, Seulgi’s hand made me feel those strange things again but with an addition to the list.

I was scared.

Scared to the point of thinking to run away or jumping at the highest point of the building and say good bye to my life.

I didn’t know why I was though.

            “Sungjae, you’re not seriously offering a tray of love potion-ed food to a guest, are you?” Seulgi spoke with a hint of exasperation. “Besides, aren’t you supposed be working outside now? Where’s Eunji?”

            The guy, who was named Sungjae, just made a face before returning his attention back at me.

            “Well, hello pretty lady! What brings you here?” He even used a tone like those flirts in the bar—except that he was charming enough.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter