Chapter 40.1

Euphoria (Don't You Remember)

A/N: Annyeong everyone!!!! First of all, I am very very very sorry for making you wait for such.......a very very long time. I suddenly lost my feels on writing on the past few months because..you know...stress from work and all.  So, after the concert (DKFC) of SNSD here in PH, I slowly getting the urge to write again, though, it wasn't enough to give you guys an update (that's why I'm so in hiatus mode). BUT ANYWAYS... I'm back! (i hope so) and i'll make sure i'll finish what i've started. My SooSic and SooFany feels are overflowing right now so...expect some twists on the story (actually, i just realized that i was so so diverted to the original story line i've made..kekekeke) So enough of the rants, here's chapter 40 part 1. Enjoy and don't forget to comment. :)

note: kindly reread the previous chapters to get in touch with this update. Thank you

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SOOYOUNG’s POV

 

Uncle requested me if we could talk in private that’s why Yuri was now out of the picture. We went just a few doors away from Jessica’s room.

 

“Is it true?”

 

“U-uncle…”

 

“Is it true Sooyoung? Did you break up with my daughter?”

 

I can’t answer. I was utterly speechless right now. I can’t even look to Uncle Jung’s eyes. How can I if my eyes are showing nothing but guilt?

 

“Why? I thought you love her… You even promised to me that this wouldn’t happen. Answer me.”

 

“I-I’m sorry uncle…”

 

“Is that all you can say huh? I need an explanation… Please speak up Sooyoung!”

 

“Im so sorry… It’s my fault so you have the right to be angry with me. I won’t be surprised if you can’t forgive me bec—“

 

“Just answer this Sooyoung ah. Do you still love my daughter?!”

 

“I-I do …b-but…”

 

“But what!? Why do you have to do this? If you still love my daughter then I don’t see any problem with that.”

 

I bent my head and tears are again paving its way to flow out of my eyes. Fortunately, I struggled to stop them for a moment as I bit my tongue. Silence seemed to agitate Sica’s father so he held my arms and shot me with his pleading eyes. I don’t know but the way he looks at me makes my knees go jelly. Torturing,  I guess.

 

“Sooyoung sshi… I’m begging you, don’t do this to my daughter. She loves you so much. Please don’t leave her.”

 

“I-I c-cant…”

 

“Waeyo?”

 

“Because I..I..” uggh! Why can’t I speak? The hell…

 

“Because of what?!”

 

“Because I love somebody else! I-I mean… I… I still love somebody else. Sorry uncle but I think that it would be unfair to Sica if I continue to be with her if my heart is torn into two. It would be best if we end this right now rather than doing it later to prevent further damage to both of us.”

 

Uncle Jung’s arms dropped upon hearing what I’ve said. His eyes reflect how totally shock he is, though, I expected him to have such reaction with this crap I’m saying to him. He shook his head and looked at me in disbelief. I just looked down to avoid his gaze. The silence between us is so deafening to the point that I’ve wished to be swallowed by the ground right now. Then finally, Uncle Jung managed to speak up again.

 

“I can’t believe what I’ve just heard… You…You lied to Jessica… You’re unbelievable kiddo.” He shook his head again, looks like he’s so disgusted with the truth I’ve just spilled out to him.

 

“I’m sorry but uncle...I didn’t lie to her…”  A moment of silence emerged between us, and after that, he spoke again, but this time, his tone was firm. 

 

“Sooyoung, forgive me if this would sound selfish but can I ask you to forget that girl for my daughter?”

 

“W-What?”

 

“Just leave whoever that is and be with Jessica. I love my daughter so much that’s why I can’t bear seeing her like this. She’s done everything to support me and Krystal especially when I lost my business. This is the only way I know I can repay her for all the things she did for our family. I just wanna see her happy, Sooyoung ah.”

 

 “Uncle? I-I understand what you’re feeling but…it’s too much… I’m afraid I can’t do that.”

 

“Am I asking too much? Look what have you done to her, she’s a total wreck! Now, tell me how can you make Sica recover from this? Do you think it would be that easy? If you give me a way to help Sica to get out from where the hell she is, I’ll let you be with that someone you wanna be with.”

 

The tension is getting between us to the point that I can’t utter a single syllable. Just then, I saw Mr. Jung bending his knees unto the floor which made my eyes grew wide. I bent down to make him stand up but he shrugged me off and lowered his head down.

 

“You don’t have to do this. Look, I’m not worth of this crap so please, stop this Uncle.”

 

“I’m begging you Sooyoung ah… Please, I’ll do anything just for Jessica’s sake. Tell me, what do you want? I’d do it just please don’t leave my daughter.”

 

“Uggh! Uncle, you have to stand up r—“

 

“Dad! Jessica unnie is getting hysterical again!... uhh, w-what’s going on here?”

 

“What?? Uhh, it’s nothing… let’s go…”

 

Krystal immediately went to his father and helped him to get up while giving me a confused look. After we stood up, I remained on my spot with my head hang low while they start to walk away.

 

“Sooyoung ah, follow us if there’s still a chance for you and Jessica. But if not…just leave her alone and don’t let her see your face ever. ” Uncle Jung said firmly and looked at me with his stern eyes.

 

 This isn’t helping me at all. Uncle Jung is right, it’s my fault so I should be the one responsible for what has happened to Jessica. He’s giving me an option to stick with Jessica or leave her alone forever. Both of these options are not definitely the best choices I’ve got since – I can’t be with Jessica anymore because of Tiffany; and I can’t let myself not see her or interact with her because she is still an important person in my life to the point that I’d be incomplete without her. Sounds so selfish but that’s how I feel right now. I thought I’ve escaped the dilemma I’ve been drowned into. But I’m wrong. I’m still stuck with this old problem which makes me feel so…tired…and hopeless.

 

Damn… I need to make a choice AGAIN… RIGHT NOW.

 

 

 

 

 

--------------

 

 

 

 

 

The Jungs rushed to the ICU only to see Jessica became uncontrollable. What they saw when they came in her room are two nurses who are preventing her from getting up from her bed, while the doctor is telling her to calm down. Apparently, she was struggling to get up and has been looking for Sooyoung.

 

“Yah! Let me go! I need to see Sooyoung!”

 

“Miss Jessica, please calm down for a sec.“

 

“No! I need to see her! Please doctor, let me see her!” Jessica exclaimed while sitting on the bed with the two nurses anchored on both of her arms.

 

“Jessica sshi, don’t worry, you’ll see her but can please you stop whining?” said the doctor who is a bit irritated on Jessica’s behavior.

 

“Sooyoung ah! Where are you?... hey! Just get your hands off me!”

 

“What’s happening here? Jessica?” Mr. Jung said upon entering the room. The nurses then paved way for him.

 

Jessica stopped from struggling and looked at her father as he approached her. Jessica faced her father with teary eyes and asked him.

 

“Dad…where’s Sooyoung? I want to see her…”

 

Mr. Jung hesitated to answer for a while. Apparently, there are no signs of Sooyoung following them awhile ago. Mr. Jung looked to Krystal but the latter just shook her head.

 

“What’s wrong Dad? Where is she?”

 

“S-Sorry Jess but… you.. you won’t be seeing her anymore.” Mr. Jung faintly said.

 

“N-nae? You’re lying… I don’t believe you. Get out of my way. Let me see her..” Jessica said as her tears fall down. She tried to push her father away but Mr. Jung blocked and holds her arms.

 

“Yah! Let me go! Sooyoung ah!...Sooyoung ah!!”

 

“Jessica, stop this. This is insane!”

 

“Aish! Sooyoung-ah! Help me! yaaaah!”

 

“Sir, do you want us to inject her a sedative?” asked the doctor while helping Mr. Jung to get a hold of Jessica.

 

“ahh yes please…uggh.. help me here.” Mr Jung have no other choice so he allowed the doctor to do whatever means just to make Jessica calm down. The nurse prepared the injection and she handed it to the doctor. Jessica saw it which panicked her.

 

“W-what’s that? No… No no no no no. Don’t do this to me.”

 

Jessica moved away from her dad until her back reached the bed headboard. The doctor was approaching her so she swatted her hand to keep him away from her.

 

“hey…no!!! I don’t want that! Dad…don’t do this…please…please no!”

 

“I’m sorry Jess…”

 

“Noooooo! I hate you dad! I hate you! Ughh… Sooyoung!”

 

As Jessica starts to struggle again, Mr. Jung hugged her so she will stay in place while the nurses get a hold of her arms. The doctor positioned so that he will inject it on the right spot. As the doctor is about to inject the med, someone entered the ICU.

 

“Sica!”

 

All heads turned to the source of the voice only to found out that it was the person who’s Jessica has been looking for.

 

“S-Sooyoung…”

 

Sooyoung went near to Jessica with heavy feet. She actually witnessed how Jessica acted earlier and it hurts her to see Jessica at this state. She actually followed Mr. Jung and Krystal but hid for awhile on the other corner of the hallway while thinking what to do. Sooyoung tried not to go back, not to follow Mr. Jung, not to enter Jessica’s room, and not to crumble when she saw Jessica. But unfortunately, she failed. After hearing Jessica’s struggles and wails, she knows she can’t leave this girl. Here she is, walking towards her ‘ex-girlfriend’ as the people surrounding Jessica gives way for her.

 

As to Jessica, hearing Sooyoung’s voice is like an angel has fallen from heaven to save her. She thought she won’t be able to see her anymore but here she is, walking towards her. This made her let out a big spike from her heart, which gave her a huge comfort and security as well, knowing that Sooyoung can’t really take it whenever she is at danger. Jessica keeps her hope that somehow, she still has the space on Sooyoung’s heart.

 

“Sooyoungie…” Jessica quickly pulled out from his father and hugged Sooyoung tightly. She dug her face in Sooyoung’s chest while Sooyoung softly glides her hand on Jessica’s head. She’s trying to calm down the older girl. However, the doctor has already injected the sedative to Jessica, making her a bit dizzy and weak.

 

“Sooyoungie, d-don’t leave me… I beg you, please don’t leave me. I-I love you Sooyoung-ah.”

 

“Ssssh, don’t worry Sica. I won’t leave. Just calm down, hmm?”

 

“P-Promise me you won’t leave Sooyoung. Please, promise it to me…”

 

That hit Sooyoung. She ended up on a point of no return. Jessica was in so much despair due to their breakup that even made her hurt herself. And now, Sooyoung thinks that it’s her responsible to do whatever she can just to help Jessica to get right on track. She knew that if she made this choice, this would definitely hurt Tiffany. Does she have any choice?

 

“I… I p-promise… Happy? So please Sica, you should rest now. Don’t make this so hard for your father, arasseo?”

 

“Nae… B-but please, stay by my side Sooyoung ah…” Jessica said weakly as the sedative has taking its effects on her.

 

Sooyoung gave a glance on Mr. Jung who is now surprised on Sooyoung actions. He thought that she would never follow him and will leave Jessica, but here she is, right beside her daughter. Somehow, his heart is at peace for now, knowing that Sooyoung is here for Jessica. Mr. Jung gently nod and showed a faint smile towards Sooyoung. He also signaled the doctor and nurses to leave the room.

 

“I will Sica...”

 

Sooyoung then helped Jessica lay back on the bed while the older girl was still holding unto her hand. She felt that Jessica’s grip on her hand is like she wouldn’t want to let her go. She sat beside the bed and gently caressed the older girl’s face. She pitied Jessica on ending up like this, because in the first place, it wouldn’t be like this if she only thinks thoroughly the decisions and actions that she will do.

 

There are a lot of things going through her head right now. The situation was too complicated to the point that she felt so helpless. Sooyoung doesn’t want to think anymore so she just did whatever option that is left to her – and that is to go back with Jessica. And in this case, she doesn’t have the intention to make Tiffany aware of this…for now. But she have one promise she kept on her mind, once Jessica is okay, she’ll be with Tiffany.

 

From afar, Yuri has watched the whole scene – how Jessica calmed down when Sooyoung came in. It just clearly shows that Sooyoung was the one who she really needs, and whom she really loves. To Jessica, she’s nothing but just as a loyal bestfriend. With that, she let out a heavy sigh and walked away. But as she continues on her tracks, her mind was drifting away. She’s thinking about what will happen to Tiffany if she will know what happened. In the first place, she’s wondering whether Tiffany was aware of everything. Yuri can’t help but feel bad for the girl.

 

On the other hand, Jessica’s eyelids are going down until it was fully closed. The girl was now asleep and starts to loosen her grip unto Sooyoung.  The taller girl took this chance to slowly pull her hand away from Jessica. She left a gentle kiss on the forehead and then stood up to bid goodbye to them. She needs to go home now since Tiffany is still waiting for her.

 

“Sooyoung, t-thank you for coming back… I don’t know what else to do with her.” Mr. Jung said to Sooyoung, almost breaking into tears.

 

“Uncle… you don’t have to thank me. It was my fault so it’s my responsible to take care of her. But, I’m not taking back what I’ve said to you earlier ….”

 

Mr. Jung knitted his brows as he recalled what Sooyoung said to him, that she loves somebody else that’s why she broke up with his daughter. He wanted to protest but Krystal’s there and he doesn’t want her to be involved with their problem.

 

“I know. But I want you to know that she needs you. At least, be with her until she’s fine…”

 

Sooyoung remained silent as she bit her lip. She hesitated to answer him, for her mind is in so much mess she can’t even utter a word. Krystal is now having a hint on what’s happening. She wanted to voice out something but was afraid to do so since she knew her father will not be happy with it.

 

“Sooyoung…”

 

“I n-need to go now. Again…I’m so sorry for what has happened to Jessica.” She stood up from her spot and bowed in front of Mr. Jung. As she motioned to walk pass through him, Mr. Jung suddenly held her wrist and stopped her from walking out.

 

“Sooyoung sshi, I just want you to stick with your promise to her.” Mr. Jung coldly said. Krystal went beside her father upon sensing the tension between him and Sooyoung.

 

“Dad? Stop it.” Krystal butted in.

 

“It’s okay Krys… Don’t worry uncle, I wont break my promise.”

 

“Just... make sure that you’ll be back here before she wakes up if you don’t want to see her go hysterical again.”

 

Sooyoung shot one last look at Jessica, then to Krystal, and lastly, to Mr. Jung. She heaved a deep sigh and then faintly nods at him. Everything regarding Jessica is now settled. She will be fine as long as Sooyoung will stay with her.  But as for Sooyoung, if this is the best choice she could have, why does she will leave Jessica’s room with a heavy heart?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------

short update...will post part 2 tomorrow. I promise. hehehe

comments are wholly accepted :)

upvote if you like it!

ciao!~~~