Chapter 13

Euphoria (Don't You Remember)

A/N: First of all, i wanna thank you all for all the support! Thank you liking my story^^ I promise i'll do better... okay, here's a quick update for you guys... XD dramas? okay okay.... on the next chapter.... be ready^^

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hyoyeon’s POV

 

Before going to work, I asked my assistant, Seohyun, to reserve a condo unit for Tiffany at Park Empire Bldg Inc. That unit is near to my workplace and so as to her business partner’s place in which I forgot who it was.

 

People greeted me when I entered the building. I guess they’re just being courteous though it won’t really promote them since I can’t even remember their names. When I reached my office, I turn on my laptop and continue my unfinished work last night.

 

Just then, I was surprised when someone tapped my shoulders from behind…

 

“WHAT THE HELL! DO YOU WANT ME TO DIE EARLY?!”

 

“Woah! Boss, I guess you’re drinking too much coffee. Can you please relax?” Oh my gosh! I thought it was my sister who’s having a ghostly visit to me but good thing it was only my consultant… or should I say, my precious, pretty, and intelligent consultant, Jessica Jung.

 

“You’ll gonna kill me with that you know? A-anyway… how did you get in? I didn’t notice you…”

 

“Yeah… You didn’t notice me because you didn’t even bother to look around before taking a seat on your chair… Hyoyeon ah, you look terrible.” She giggled. By the way, she’s also my close friend so formalities aren’t a big deal for me.

 

“Well, you don’t have to say the obvious huh? Arggggh! I don’t want to do this anymore!” I put my head down on the table and then again, I felt her patting my back. It made me feel a bit comfortable.

 

“Yah! Don’t say that. You will get over this soon, if you need help, just… just look for someone else. HAHA!” She said and then chuckled.

 

“You’re such a great help Jessica” I said in sarcasm.

 

“I know right!” If it wasn’t for her great marketing strategies and ideas, and intelligence, I can’t tolerate her treatment of hers to me.

 

“Jess, can you ask Seohyun if I have a meeting this 4pm?”

 

“Sure. Uhmm, why?”

 

“I have to fetch my best friend at the airport. She’ll be staying here in Korea for about 6 -8 months if I can remember it right.”

 

“Really? You haven’t told me you have a best friend!”

 

“What do you think of me? Anti-social human being?!”

 

“Hmm… Y-yes??”

 

“Jessica!”

 

“hey, I’m just kidding… By the way, my best friend also came last night from Los Angeles. She said she’ll have to deal with some business stuffs.”

 

“Oh… I thought your world only revolves with your GIRLFRIEND…” I emphasize that last word because she always talks about that girl in which I really haven’t met yet…I don’t even know the name since she never told it to me.

 

“Hyoyeon ah!”

 

“oops… sorry.” Just then, my phone rang.

 

“Yeobseyo? Oh… Okay. I’ll be there in 15 minutes. Bye.”

 

“Who’s that? Police?”

 

“I’m gonna spank you if you say another word.”

 

“HAHA. Loosen up will you?”

 

I sighed. “I have to go. It’s the customs. I forgot to sign the new shipments we had last night.”

 

“Okay. Be safe while driving.”

 

“Nae.” With that, I quickly left the place and went on the customs. I really hate this poor memory of mine! Why did I forgot to sign that paper well in fact I’m there last night?! Aish!

 

SOOYOUNG’s POV

 

I and Sica went to our respective works today. I send her off first to her office before going to my company. While driving, I’m making myself ready for Soojin’s series of sermons and sentiments. Well, I’m used to it since I was born because she’s my perfectionist sister. And I don’t have any problem with that, in fact, I’m thankful that she’s like that because it’s one of the reasons why I was able to pursue and strive harder at work.

 

When I arrived at the company, I went straight to the elevator and press the 24th floor button immediately. Sh*it! I’m late! Being late will just make my sister’s temper worst.

 

Once the door opened, I rushed to my office and I was surprised when I saw my cousin, Siwon, sitting on my chair.

 

“S-siwon? What are YOU going here in MY office?!”

 

He smirked. I wonder what he’s up to. “Your office? Tsk, Tsk, Tsk. My poor cousin… Well, it’s not your office anymore.”

 

“What?! Are you kidding me?!” I said in disbelief.

 

“If you don’t want to believe me, then go and ask Soojin… Ah! And also, please close the door before leaving.” Argggh! I’ll get back to you once I’m done with my sister!

 

Due to annoyance, I walked out of the office and slammed the door. I walked straight to Soojin’s office to confront her.

 

“Unnie! Can you tell me what’s going on? Why Siwon is on my office? A-and he said it’s not my office anymore!”

 

“Sooyoung. Take a seat first.”

 

“But unnie!”

 

“I said take a seat!” I took a seat and then face her.

 

“He’s right. I just replaced you with him as the Vice-President of this company. Is it clear to you now?”

 

“W-what? How can you do this to me?!” I sounded more alarmed this time.

 

“My dongsaeng… You know our business. I can’t tolerate anymore your frequent absences and piled up works. So I think that it could have been much better if Siwon will take your place… besides, he’s trustworthy, hardworking, and intelligent as well.”

 

“Soojin! That’s why I’m here. I’ll work harder starting this day. I promise. But please unnie, don’t do this to me.” I pleaded to her. I can’t imagine that I’ll be losing my job this time for real. She has done this many times before, but this seems real compared with her previous attempts. She looks so serious.

 

“You and your promises Sooyoung ah.  I’m done with that my sis.”

 

“Unnie… I’m begging you. Please? You know I can’t afford to lose this job…”

 

“Don’t worry, you’ll still have your cashflow, your penthouse, anything you needed… There’s really nothing to worry about. You can spend all of your time with YOUR Jessica…”

 

That cracked me out. Jessica has nothing to do with this so I don’t want her to be dragged in this argument. Because of that, I pounded my hand on her table and retorted back to her.

 

“Jessica is out of this topic. Don’t blame her!”

 

“If it’s really not because of her, then why are you like this? Ever since you and Jessica became together, you changed! And look, what happened to your hand? You got into a fight again because of her?!”

 

“It’s not her fault! It’s TIFFANY’s fault! All of these… It’s because of Tiffany…” What did I say? Did I just mention ‘her’ name? Maybe I was too angry that’s why I burst it out. Now I’m struggling to fight back my tears but then again, I failed.

 

“Sooyoung… I-I’m sorry…”

 

 “Unnie… please, don’t throw me out of this company… Give me another chance. I promise I won’t fail you again…” I swallowed all my pride and then kneel to her. Even though I’m angry with her, I still kept it inside and ask for her trust again.

 

“hey… you punk, get up… You don’t have to kneel down… Ara, ara… You’ll be staying here in the company. But you won’t be back on your position for a month. Just let Siwon finish the deal we have with the Parks. For now, you’ll be my personal assistant…”

 

“Huh? Are you serious unnie? ME?! Your P.A.????”

 

“Take it or leave it.”

 

“Unnie!”

 

“one… two… three… four…”

 

“AISH! FINE.”

 

 

 

 

 

-------

 

comments? questions?

i love you guys!