Delay

So Close Yet So Far
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SinB's POV.

 

I was on my way home after visiting my parents. Yerin unnie and I are leaving for Europe in 3 days and I need to at least visit them before I go. Umji is already in America, we've been constantly calling each other for the past few days but I can't be sure for the next days since her real training may start anytime. It's just been 4 days since we had our last date before she left but I'm already missing her, that day was when Yuna unnie surprised Yerin unnie.

 

I was actually laughing when I went back that night because they really left some slices for me. I was just joking but they took it seriously, it was perfect though, since the traffic made me hungry again so I ended up eating their left-overs.

 

After that, Yuna unnie was always visiting our office bringing us food. It was strange since it was impossible for a busy person like her to have a spare time to visit her girlfriend for four consecutive days. It was advantageous for me though, since she always brings high class food and I don't need to order and wait for food.

 

Anyway, back to Yuna unnie. She has been very attentive of Yerin unnie, I mean... she's so clingy lately which I find cute since it was always Yerin unnie who will shower her with kisses. Also, she always feeds Yerin unnie like she's taking care of a sick patient. It's quite annoying to look at them sometimes though, you know, too much sweetness.

 

I stopped when the traffic light turned red. I'm almost there, just a few blocks away. I actually bought a large pizza since I know Yuna unnie is in our house earlier and I know it's too early for her to go home at this hour since she usually goes home by 10 or 11pm.

 

I was jamming to some Ed Sheeran hit songs when I felt my phone suddenly vibrated. I immediately took it out of my pocket and check who texted me and if it was urgent.

 

Yuna Sis: SinB... please take care of my Yerin for me, okay? Don't let her get sick and please don't leave her side... and I'm sorry...

 

What does she mean by this? Sorry for what? Is she going to a business trip for a long time and will leave Yerin or what? Can she be atleast more detailed when she sends me messages?

 

I tried calling her but I can't contact her anymore. I'm getting worried. What the hell is happening? Did they fight?

 

I accelerated my speed and tried calling Yerin unnie too, but her phone is off. I can't also contact her. Just, what is happening here? I'm getting worried as hell.

 

As I reached the parking lot, I took the box of pizza and hurriedly went inside.

 

"Unnie?" I called out while opening the door.

 

"Yerin unnie?" I called out again but no one answered, the lights are even off, where did they go? As far as I remember I left them here and they were happily watching movies while cuddling.

 

I reached for the switch to run the lights on and tried to call out Yerin unnie again. "Unnie? Are you ho-- AAAAHHH!" I accidentally dropped the pizza I was carrying seeing Yerin unnie laying down on the floor covered with white blanket. I thought she was some other creature who is here to scare the hell out of me.

 

I was about to laugh at myself because of how I just reacted but I swallowed it back after hearing Yerin unnie's sobs.

 

She's crying...

 

I immediately ran towards her.

 

"Unnie... what happened?" I touched her shoulder lightly to let her acknowledge my presence but she just continued sobbing.

 

"Unnie... " I removed the blanket which was covering her face and worry I was feeling earlier became pain. Seeing how puffy her eyes are, she must've been crying for hours. It hurts me seeing her like this, we may not be in romantic relationship but Yerin unnie is special to me. She's one of those friend I treasure the most.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter