Pain

So Close Yet So Far
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SinB's POV.

 

"YERIN UNNIE!!!"

 

. . .

 

Please no...

 

I think my heart might burst any moment by now because of nervousness. My breathing becomes faster and I was sweating hard. My brain could not even function well since I can't decide which part of the house should I look first. I have no idea what happened and I don't want to think about the images I have in mind regarding the scene in front of me. My whole being is a mess. What if someone broke in? What if someone abducted her? What if... she did this to herself?

 

My heart ached a bit more thinking of the last one. ... no. She wouldn't do that.

 

After a moment of black out and a moment of stiffening of my legs. I managed to run and started to look for her. My feet brought me first to the storage room, but she wasn't there and there was no sign of any previous presence inside the room. So within a split of second I ran out of the room and looked for her in the kitchen. She wasn't there also... but the other pair of her cute fluffy slippers is on the floor but… it wasn't cute anymore... because of the blood stains on it. .

 

Tears started to form in my eyes. No. No. No... I calmed myself and breathed deeply to stop my body from trembling more. My knees are getting more weak and my mind becomes messier. I then stood up straight and composed myself before running around the house again. There must be something stuck in my throat that I could not utter a word nor even yell her name. I was just panting and my sight becomes blurry as tears form.

 

Then reality slapped me. What the am I doing?

 

In your room idiot!

 

I immediately ran towards our room and I even tripped and almost fell. I wiped the tear that fell from my eye and breathed heavily as I grabbed the doorknob. Why the hell is this locked?!

 

"YERIN UNNIE!!!" I yelled before slamming my body towards the door. This hurts but I don't care, that's not important right now. I slammed my body against it for a few times. Luckily it swung open after my 6th try. I even fell on the ground since I slammed my body too hard. Aww. I need a massage after this.

 

"Unnie!" As soon as I stood up, I looked at our bed... but there was no sign of her. My heart starts to get nervous as ever. No... "Unnie!" I yelled again as I walked across the room. Tears were already flowing continuously. "Unn—" I stopped from my tracks as soon as I saw someone walked out of our walk-in closet.


 

There she was, holding a first aid kit while struggling to walk.

 

"SinB—" She wasn't able to finish her words since I suddenly ran towards her grabbed her for a hug. I hugged her like I won't be able to hold her again. She's like my best friend and I could not afford to lose her if something might really have happened. It was the tightest hug I ever gave to someone. It was like, I needed it to calm myself. To calm my trembling body.

 

"SinB? What happened?" She asked softly as she patted my back. I remained silent while my pantings echoed inside the room.

 

"SinB?... Let's sit on the bed first." She moved a bit but I stopped her. My heart won't calm down. It still beats like crazy. The nervousness I felt was still there. Even though it slowly vanishes, it still lingers. And the only thing that I think can stop my trembling body is someone's hug. Yerin unnie's hug.

 

I remained hugging her for a few minutes while she continuously pats my back to calm me down. I wiped the tears on my face and slowly leaned back to look at her. "A-Are you okay?" I held her shoulder tightly as I looked her from her to toe to search for any major injuries and I almost flinched seeing how bloody her right foot is.

 

"You are the one who's crying and all and you're the one who asks me if I'm okay?" She asked.

 

"UNNIE! Your foot!" I exclaimed with a scolding tone. I wiped the remaining tears and glared at her.

 

"Is that the reason why you're acting this way?" It was evident just looking at her eyes that she was trying to hide her chuckle even though her they are still puffy because of her crying.

 

"Unnie! I entered the house with a bloody scene! I thought—" She hugged me to stop me from yelling at her. Yes, I'm literally yelling at her right now even though her face is just a foot away from mine.

 

"Shh. Stop. Okay? Let's sit first, it hurts a lot standing like this." Her soothing voice calmed me a bit. I breathed deeply before guiding her to sit on the bed. Her foot was bleeding a lot and our floor is quite bloody right now. It got me more worried.

 

"Unnie. Let's go to the hospital." I said with all the seriousness I could utter.

 

"You worry too much SinB—" Hearing her words made me a bit mad. So before she could finish her sentence, I glared at her and cut her off.

 

"How can I not?! I came home from buying groceries and a bloody floor welcomed me?! I thought someone broke in! I thought something worse happened to you! Unnie! I was ing worried!" I was yelling as tiny tears escaped my eyes. It's first time for me to face this kind of situation, seeing a bloody scene, and you can't blame me from reacting this way. Yerin unnie is depressed and no one knows if she might be a suicidal person or what. I can't afford to lose her. We've been together for years, we may not like each other romantically but she's important to me. She's like a best friend. She's my closest friend.

 

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry. Please stop. I'm fine. Don't cry Eunbi yah. I'm sorry." She said softly and caressed my shoulder to comfort me. I wiped my tears and looked at her seriously. I'm not done yet.

 

"Your foot. Let's go to the hospital. NOW." My tone was demanding but I wasn't mad. Not at her, at least.

 

"I already called Sowon unnie to come here. Don't worry." She said and grabbed the first aid kit that she set aside earlier. "Now, help me with this." She said and gave me the cotton balls. I sighed in defeat before kneeling in front of her. I really can't do anything if she's decided. So I guess, we should just wait for Sowon unnie... And oh, by the way, So-giraffe-won is a doctor. Her looks may not imply that she's smart but she is.

 

"It bleeds a lot. What really happened?" I asked, now with a soft voice. I started to wipe the blood on her foot. Slowly but surely.

 

"I was going to drink water in the kitchen but I heard movements near the door. I thought it was you but it was a stray cat. I was about to approach but it suddenly jumped which made me back away a few steps. I bumped into the table and the vase fell off. I don't know what exactly happened, I just realized my right foot was already bleeding." She stated while I cleaned her wound. It was worse than I expected. Two broken pieces of the vase got stuck, it was not big but it was bleeding badly... Without any further ado, and without thinking twice. I pulled out the first piece quickly and get rid of it.

 

" IT, SINB?!" I was surprised when Yerin unnie sud

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter