Complicated

So Close Yet So Far
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Third Person's POV.

 

"Yah! Sauté the onion and garlic first!" Yerin was half yelling and half laughing while saying that. She had been teaching SinB for the past few days yet the younger girl still forgets that she should sauté the garlic and onion first when making such dishes. It wasn't stressful for Yerin though, it gives her fun and enjoyment seeing SinB trying hard and fail at some times. Well, during the times that the younger girl did some steps properly, SinB would be really glad like she just got a high grade from calculus.

 

"I know! Don't laugh at me. Tsk." SinB said annoyingly. She's so dedicated and persistent. She won't stop until she does it properly. Well, the ingredients aren't a waste when she fails since they feed it to the stray cat who sometimes stays in their garden. This stray cat is the one who caused Yerin's wounds that are now recovering fast.

 

"I'm not laughing. I was just chuckling."

 

"Chuckling my ." SinB replied and started washing the lettuce.

 

"Just fo— Oh wait, Mom's calling." Yerin grabbed her phone and answered the phone call.

 

"Mom?..........You mean... right now?" Yerin took a quick glance at SinB who is already looking at her curiously. "Why all of a sudden?"

 

"Oh... okay then. We'll get there sooner." Yerin ended the call and gave SinB a weak smile. "They'll discuss the Europe trip."

 

"We'll go now? As in NOW?" SinB asked and Yerin can only nod. "What about these?" SinB pointed the ingredients who are already prepared to be cooked.

 

"Let's just keep them in the refrigerator first, then you can continue this for our dinner later." Yerin said and helped SinB with cleaning the kitchen.

 

After a few more minutes, the married pair were already set and about to leave the house. They just wore casual clothes since it'll be just Yerin's parents whom they will meet. "It won't take long right? I want to pack our luggage later so that we won't be having trouble packing tomorrow since the day after that we'll hang out, right? Unnie?" SinB asked as she grabbed the car key and opened the main door. Yerin was following behind, having a hard time wearing her necklace.

 

"Uhh... Yeah, I think so." Yerin answered and it's obvious that she's not so focused with what the younger girl was saying. SinB stopped walking which made Yerin bump onto her back. Yerin gave out a slight whine and was still preoccupied with the necklace. SinB turned around and seeing her unnie struggling made her laugh, high pitched. "Why? Why?" Yerin asked without even giving the laughing girl a glance.

 

"HAHA-! Your double chin! Unnie! HAHA—" SinB continued laughing. Realizing that she might really look funny, Yerin gave SinB a quick glare and continued putting on the necklace, she then walked towards the car first, passing the laughing SinB, but SinB grabbed her arm before she can even be a yard away from the younger girl. "I was laughing because you look too cute! TSS. Walking out won't help you with that struggle. Come here." SinB said and pulled Yerin back, closer to her. "Turn around." SinB commanded. A soft command.

 

Yerin did so, she just rolled her eyes and stayed put. SinB then traced her fingers on the necklace trying to find the lock. Yerin can't help but to feel ticklish, especially when SinB's warm and soft hands slowly caressed her neck. She just bit her lip to prevent herself from giggling. "There. Come on, your parents are waiting." SinB said and led the way towards the car. Yerin only trailed behind her.

 

---

 

-S a n  F r a n c i s c o, C a l i f o r n i a-

 

"Why are you deleting such beautiful photos?" Umji's assistant asked as she handed the younger girl some files. The assistant became her friend after staying in US for weeks already. It was hard for her to make more friends considering her schedule and all, only her assistant had the chance to become closer to her.

 

Umji left out a fake laugh before answering the question. "My phone's memory is already full." She said before deleting couple of pictures of her and SinB when they had their 2nd Month as a couple.

 

"I don't think your reason is enough, Umji. Who is she? Your best friend?"

 

"Uhm... How do I say this... well, she was my best friend." Umji replied without diverting her gaze on that special picture of her girlfriend taken during the first snowfall in Korea, contemplating if she should also delete it.

 

"...'Was'? So you fought with your best friend and ended your friendship?"

 

"Nope. She was my best friend back then. But now... she's already my girlfriend."

 

"Ohh... I didn't know that you're one of us too, Umji." The assistant looked at Umji confusedly before continuing her words. "... But if she's your girlfriend. Why are you deleting those?"  Umji smiled at her assistant before telling her to sit on the chair in front of her desk. 'There's nothing wrong opening up to someone right?' She thought.

 

"Our love story is quite complicated... No scratch that. Our love story is TOO complicated." Umji smiled sadly and showed the other girl a photo of her, SinB, Yerin, and Yuju. That picture was taken during their first double date. "The girl beside me, that's my girlfriend, SinB. The girl beside her, with a brown hair and side bangs, that's Yerin unnie, and the person on the other corner is Yuju unnie, Yerin unnie's girlfriend." Umji started.

 

"Ohh... The four of you are bestfriends?"

 

"Well, the four of us are good friends."

 

"But... how are these two girls connected to your relationship?"

 

"Well, Yerin unnie and my girlfriend are married." Umji straightforwardly said which made the assistant choke on her own saliva.

 

"M-Married?!"

 

"Yes, married. Their parents' orders... Yuju unnie and Yerin unnie are in a relationship too."

 

"Wait... what?... You mean, the two of them, your girl and that Yerin are married but both have girlfriends?" Umji nodded. "Do their parents know this?"

 

"No, we can't let them know about this. SinB and Yerin unnie will suffer a lot if that happens."

 

"So... what's the matter? Why a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter