Proposal

So Close Yet So Far
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yerin woke up feeling the sunlight hitting her face. She groaned and lazily opened her eyes. She was still sleepy and her body wanted to remain on that position longer but she knew her schedule for the day was packed. She could not afford to cancel any meeting she had to attend unless she wanted her weekend to be busy too.

 

She looked around and saw SinB sleeping peacefully on the other side of the bed, hugging her human sized jibang. Then, slowly, her lips formed into a soft smile. As far as she could remember, that jibang was in her embrace last night. Not that she was complaining though, she actually liked seeing the younger girl in that position. Especially with SinB’s cheeks puffing cutely. So to stare at the girl a little longer, she adjusted her position. She placed her elbow on her pillow and put her chin on her palm, still half lying on the bed.

 

After a few minutes, Sinb started moving and rubbed her eyes. She probably felt that someone was staring at her. She slowly opened her eyes and as her vision started to become clear, she blinked continuously seeing Yerin staring at her, smiling. Completely taken aback with what welcomed her that early, she quickly covered and turned around.

 

‘Oh my God. Do I have drool on my face?’ She asked herself as she touched her face, checking if there was an embarrassing morning glory or a more embarrassing dried drool. ‘Why is she awake so early in the first place? Tsk.’ She was embarrassed. That was obviously not what she wanted Yerin to see the next morning after what seemed like a dream last night.

 

She blushed upon remembering the scene.

 

Last night’s memory was still clear. Under the moonlight, in a beautiful place, and with a chilly weather— They kissed. Yerin kissed her— a sweet and passionate kiss.

 

As the image flashed inside her head, she felt her face heating up and her stomach churning. ‘Now is not the time to daydream, Hwang Eunbi.’ She scolded herself.

 

“We are literally living and sleeping together for years already.” Yerin spoke and even though she could not see the older’s face, SinB knew that Yerin was smiling— more like, smirking. “Why are suddenly shy about your ‘just-woke-up-face’??” She asked as she chuckled.

 

“Who said I’m s-shy?” SinB asked back, still not facing Yerin knowing that her cheeks were extremely blushing. She needed to calm down for at least a minute and regain her bearing. But to her surprise, Yerin suddenly grabbed her arms and turned her around. ‘Why is she so aggressive these days?’ She asked inside her head, face heating up more.

 

As she finally looked back at Yerin, the older smiled widely causing for her eye smile to show. It made SinB even blush more. ‘I haven’t even asked her to be my girlfriend yet but she’s already acting like this what more if— wait, she’s already my wife. Is it still necessary?’ She asked herself. ‘Maybe yes? To clear things between us?’

 

“You still look cute even you are drooling Eunbi. Don’t worry.” Hearing Yerin’s remark, SinB immediately touched her face again, checking if there was really drool on it. But seeing Yerin laughing in front of her, she knew that the older girl was just teasing her. She shot a glare and hit Yerin’s shoulder. “What? Haha! I was just stating the fact. You really look cute when drooling—“

 

“Unniieeee stopppppp” SinB unexpectedly whined and pulled the blanket over her head to hide her reddening face. It caused Yerin to laugh more.

 

"Come out haha. I promise, I won't tease you anymore." The older said. She couldn't deny, she liked seeing SinB that way. It always amused her when SinB acts like that. Because as rare as SinB does aegyo, it is also a rare occurrence for the younger girl to whine like that to the point that she had to hide under the sheets. Yerin hoped she was able to film that iconic moment. Next time, she'd get her phone ready for it.

 

SinB did as what Yerin told her. She uncovered her head with the blanket but still held it just above her chest. She didn't look at Yerin and simply focused her gaze at the ceiling. Though she could feel Yerin was smiling and looking at her.

 

"Aigoo, why are you so cute." Yerin teased and pinched her cheeks. It caused her to frown in annoyance but before she could turn to glare at the older girl, Yerin's hand were already holding her arms and pulling her closer. In an instant, she was already engulfed in Yerin's warm embrace.

 

Her head was buried in the older girl's neck and Yerin's arms wrapped around her neck and waist. 'What has gotten into her to be this clingy so early in the morning?' SinB asked inside her head. She bit her lip to suppress a smile as her hand slowly reached the older's waist to return the hug. She hoped she could stay like that for the whole day; Feeling Yerin's warmth and letting her self be intoxicated with Yerin's heavenly smell.

 

"We'll be late for our first appointment today." But of course, their responsibilities wouldn't let her. She just hummed to what Yerin said, probably her way of telling the other girl that she wanted to stay like that for a few more minutes.

 

---

 

They headed to their office with smiles plastered on both their faces. They were thirty minutes late for their first schedule but a little bit of adjustment wouldn't hurt right? Besides, they had the power to cancel or postpone any appointment they want.

 

As lunch was finally approaching, SinB formulated an excuse to leave the building for at least thirty minutes. She told Yerin that she'd meet someone who would help her regarding her gift for her mom's upcoming birthday. But knowing how generous Yerin is, SinB kind of expected that the older girl would offer to accompany her and even told her that they should just have lunch after it. But as much as she wanted to spend more time with Yerin, she had to decline her offer saying she had to go alone and she'd prefer it that Yerin would rest instead since their afternoon would be busier. Yerin insisted at first but eventually gave up convincing the younger girl upon remembering that she needed to edit her presentation for their afternoon appointment.

 

SinB immediately headed to a restaurant nearby where Eunha was waiting. Yes, it was Eunha who she planned to meet not someone for her mom's birthday. It was a white lie. She knew Yerin would be suspicious if she would be gone for too long. So she had to formulate a believable excuse.

 

"You made me wait for five minutes." Eunha said and took another bite of her burger. "Sho I already ordered shomethin." She added while munching her favorite food.

 

"You and your obsession to burgers unnie. Seriously, when will you get tired of its taste?" SinB rolled her eyes. Every time they would meet up to eat, Eunha would always order burger as long as it is on the menu. So sometimes, SinB would always choose the places where burger could not be seen. Partly, it was because of her savageness but mostly, it was because Eunha might end up having an unhealthy body eating burger in daily basis.

 

"Burger is the love of my life. How many times do I have to tell you that."

 

"Sowon unnie wouldn't be delighted to hear that." SinB replied and turned to give her order to the waiter who was standing near their table. While Eunha only smiled widely as she took another bite. She wasn't able to have her breakfast so she had to fill her stomach more than the usual and burgers would definitely be the first option for that. "So..." SinB turned back her focus to Eunha as the waiter took his leave. "Unnie, you know why I asked to meet you today right?" She asked.

 

"Of course, you even sent your message thrice." Eunha rolled her eyes. "Besides, I already knew time will come that you'll ask for my help regarding this."

 

"Huh. As if. I only asked you because Yewon is not here. I have no choice." SinB said which made Eunha raise her eyebrows. She glared at the younger girl.

 

"You prepare for this alone then." She said and attempted to stand up to leave but SinB was faster. She grabbed her unnie's forearm and pulled her back while smiling sweetly.

 

"I was kidding unnie." She playfully said. She knew that of all the people, Eunha would be the best person to help her about her plan. The midget might act stupid sometimes but SinB knew Eunha's way more intelligent and skillful than that. She might not look like one but she definitely is. "You know I'm horrible at these things. You gotta help me unnie." Hearing SinB, Eunha just rolled her eyes and grabbed her burger again to resume eating. It made the younger girl smile in victory. She knew Eunha could never say no and ignore her requests. They might bicker sometimes but the smaller girl always had a soft spot for SinB. "I want this proposal to be special. I know you can help me make that happen."

 

"I'm not doing this for free, Hwang Eunbi." Eunha said as she swallowed the food inside . "You better treat me lunch next time."

 

"As long as I'm satisfied with the outcome. You can say that you'll really look forward to your free lunch from me." SinB gave her unnie a wink. Then, just in time, her food was already being served. She politely thanked the waiter and started eating. She too was already hungry after the busy morning they had earlier.

 

"By the way, SinB yah. Is proposing to her really necessary? I mean, she's already your wife." Eunha asked.

 

"Well, I'd want to clear things between us. I want to claim her not because of our arranged marriage but because we're in a REAL relationship...” SinB answered, emphasizing the four-letter word. “I want us to commit to each other just like a normal couple." She added as her lips curled into a soft smile thinking about what would happen in the future. "You get what I mean?"

 

"Yeah… you're becoming cheesy these days. It's creeping me off." Eunha said and took a sip of her lemonade. "Anyways, when do you plan to propose??"

 

"This Saturday evening."

 

"What?? Two days from now??? Are you serious???!"

 

"Yes unnie. Don't worry, I'll get things settled. All you need to do is help me organize and decide about whatnots." SinB smiled at her. She knew that the time they had left for preparation wasn’t enough but she also knew that they could make it possible. She felt like she needed to propose as soon as possible and finally make her and Yerin official.

 

---

 

Saturday came faster as what SinB wished. She couldn’t focus on her other responsibilities the past two days since her mind was crowded with everything about her planned proposal. Heck, she couldn’t even sleep properly thinking of flowery words to say to Yerin. She just gave up after hours of being restless hoping that would just cooperate with her brain once she’s in front of Yerin already.

 

Actually, she wasn’t able to ask Yerin to have a dinner with her yet. She was too busy to do that for the past two days. So she thought that she should just ask Yerin the morning of that exact day of her proposal. She thought of cooking breakfast but the idea of setting their kitchen into fire immediately made her shook her head, erasing the thought.

 

She ended up just ordering a breakfast meal from a fast food chain nearby. As much as she wanted it to be home made and prepared by her effort, she just couldn’t, considering her not-so-good cooking skills. She might even end up poisoning both of them.

 

Hearing the doorbell rang, SinB put down her phone and stood up from the couch to get their ordered food. She thanked the delivery guy and immediately organized the dining room as she waited for Yerin to wake up.

 

“Why are up so early— oh! Breakfast…” SinB almost jumped upon suddenly hearing Yerin’s voice behind her. She didn’t expect that Yerin would be awake already since it was still early compared to their usual waking up time. “Wait. You prepared all of these?” Yerin asked as she pulled out a chair and sat on it, staring hungrily at the food being served.

 

“You know very well that I can’t possibly cook all these right?” SinB replied as she went to the other side of the table and sat right in front of Yerin. “I just ordered unnie. Sadly, as much as I want to cook for you, I just can’t.” SinB added and smiled weakly. She even unconsciously pouted while staring at the ordered meal. It made Yerin stare at her in awe and smile softly. SinB had been really expressive the past days and it never failed to make her heart flutter. She felt loved and cared, not just as a friend or a family member, but as someone more special. The last time she felt like that was when she was still in a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter