Change?

So Close Yet So Far
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Yerin unnie?"

 

Eunha stood up as she saw a figure walking towards their direction. Even though she still could not see the face clearly, the body structure and those bloody clothes clearly implied that it was Yerin, walking like a zombie who seemed so lost as she kept her head hung low. "Yerin unnie..."

 

Eunha slowly approached her followed by Sowon. The couple had been there for more than three hours. The moment Yuju called them earlier, they immediately headed to the hospital where SinB was rushed. Sowon was having her day off so she wasn't present when Yuju and SinB reached the emergency room.

 

Yerin slowly looked up at the two, her face showed exhaustion and more importantly, it showed pain and fear. She looked like a mess. "E-Eunbi..." She muttered, her voice was cracking and she was trembling.

 

"She's still in the operating room. Don't worry, Dr. Bae is a great surgeon. How about you? Yuju told us—"

 

"I'm f-fine. I'm okay u-unnie." She looked at the older girl intently. "She's g-going to survive r-right?"

 

"She will Yerin-ah, let's hope for the best. Are you sure you're okay?? Are you hurt? Yuju was panicking earlier. She went out to look for you but she didn't tell us about what really happened."

 

"Can you call h-her unnie? Tell her I'm already here, s-safe."

 

Yerin's body was obviously not in good condition. There were no injuries but she was trembling, probably due to exhaustion and the extreme stress she was having. And by the looks of it, she might collapse anytime soon. But with the worry she felt for SinB, both Sowon and Eunha knew that she wouldn't leave the place until SinB finally comes out of the OR alive and stable.

 

"Unnie... You're not okay... Have some rest while we wait for—"

 

"Eunha yah, I'm okay... I'll wait..." Yerin smiled weakly as she headed to the steel chairs placed just in front of the OR. She looked up and saw a wide screen in front of them, showing the ongoing operations inside.

 

Her eyes immediately caught a name which she wished was never flashed on that screen.

 

 

HWANG EUNBI — OR #2 — 3:39:25

 

 

SinB had been inside for almost four hours, fighting for her life. It made Yerin tear up once again. Honestly, she was wondering if she had a whole pool of tears inside her. Her tears seemed to be unlimited. She had been crying nonstop and her eyes were already puffy. You could not blame her though, the pain and torture inside her were also nonstop.

 

'Just why is this all happening?' She asked herself.

 

After minutes of staring at nothing, Yerin looked up at Eunha who stood in front of her, handing her a cup of coffee and a burger. "Unnie, at least eat?" The bunny softly and pleadingly suggested. "Please??" She sat beside Yerin as she placed the burger in the latter's hand. "We don't want you lying down on a hospital bed too..."

 

Yerin tried to hold up her tears that were forming again as she weakly nodded at her friend before taking the cup of coffee. Then, she looked up once again when she felt someone putting a blanket over her shoulders.

 

Sowon was standing in front of her, giving her a sad yet comforting smile.

 

This time, she could not prevent herself from tearing up. Her friends were there for her, not leaving her side when she needed them the most. To say the she was touched was an understatement so when the older girl sat beside her and gave her a half embrace, she started sobbing hard. She couldn’t control herself anymore.

 

Yerin cried, letting out the pain and chaos inside her through her tears. She didn’t care if people were looking at her. She needed to cry it out and she was beyond glad that Sowon and Eunha were there, giving their shoulders to cry on. Because honestly, she was so close to losing her sanity. The problem she had on her shoulders, the thoughts crowding her mind, and the pain and worry she was feeling was slowly consuming her

 

She didn't know what to do.

 

"Both your parents are on their way here..." Sowon said as she softly held Yerin's head and let it rest on her shoulder. "Don't worry too much. I went to the observation deck just now to check on her. The operation is going well. She's stable, Yerin-ah. The bullet didn't damage any major organs. She just lost too much blood but that's okay. They can handle it. The operation will be over in less than an hour."

 

"T-Thank you u-unnie." Yerin stuttered as she hiccuped continuously.

 

"Shhh.. Everything will be okay..." Sowon assured the younger girl as she looked up, slowly tearing up as well. While Eunha who was seated on the other side of Yerin, was already silently crying, holding the latter's free hand tightly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

 

1 month later

 

 

 

[I’ll spend the night here.]

 

 

SinB sighed as she threw her phone on the couch.

 

Yerin abruptly ended the call again. She didn’t even ask her if she already had dinner or if she was doing fine alone in their house before hanging up. Or at least wish her goodnight.

 

SinB scoffed at her own thoughts. ‘Who am I kidding? That would never happen.’

 

It had been three weeks. Three weeks of suffering for SinB. Ever since she woke up in a hospital room, Yerin was never the same. Yes, she was taking care of her, feeding her and all, but it was completely obvious that something had really changed. The older girl might be doing her responsibilities well as her wife but it was different, completely different, SinB could tell. Yerin changed. She became so distant and SinB didn’t know what was the cause of it or what have she done for Yerin to be like that, to be so distant towards her.

 

Maybe because of Yuju? But no, SinB was sure it wasn’t because of her. She knew Yuju had nothing to do with this.

 

How did she know? Well, Yuju visited her a week after she woke up.

 

---

 

“How do you feel?” the red haired girl softly asked as she took a seat beside SinB’s hospital bed. “I’m sorry I couldn’t visit you these past few days. I’ve been busy processing my migration document.”

 

SinB’s brows furrowed. “Migration?”

 

“Dad decided to stay in Canada for good. You know him, what he says should really happen.” Yuju faintly chuckled. “Chaeyeon’s coming with us as well. You know her right? My childhood friend.”

 

“I remember her. But…” SinB looked at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter