Ramen

So Close Yet So Far
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SinB's POV.

 

Yerin unnie fell asleep hugging me and that is probably because of the exhaustion from her crying. She got my shirt really wet that even my undergarment is also slightly wet. It was like slightly showering with a light hot water. When her head became heavy and her grip loosened a bit, that's when I realized she already fell asleep. So I hugged her tighter and waited for a bit to make sure she's deep asleep before positioning her on bed. It was kinda hard since I had to be careful to not to accidentally hurt her foot in any possible way. Luckily, I didn't. She didn't even move a bit. She was sound asleep.

 

After that, I decided to clean the whole house first and go to shower. I had a bloody and teary day. I deserve a warm bath.

 

I finished showering almost an hour after, the warm droplets of water made me stay longer inside the bathroom. I was contemplating on my thoughts and most of them are about the girl sleeping soundly with a broken heart inside our room. Even though I kept on reminding myself that I should not feel hatred towards Yuju unnie, I can't help it. Seeing Yerin unnie like that pains me a lot. Why did she have to do this? What did Yerin unnie do to deserve this? I can't think of any valid reason for her to do this. And that makes me hate her a little bit more. If she really had an acceptable reason, she should've at least told Yerin unnie and gave a proper closure. That way, Yerin unnie won't have a hard time getting over her. And survive the pain she has been experiencing.

 

It's already 7pm when I finished changing into comfortable clothes. My stomach growled indicating that I need to eat. The plan of cooking earlier will be delayed I think. I am not in mood to face the kitchen again. I'll just eat ramen and probably gonna prepare another for Yerin unnie too. Sowon unnie texted me that Yerin unnie needs to drink an antibiotic after meal. So even though I don't want to disturb her sleep, I need to wake her up and feed her so she can drink her meds. After preparing the ramen, I placed the two bowls on the tray and went to get a glass of water. When I turned back to where I put the tray, I almost dropped the glass I was holding seeing Yerin unnie sitting on one of the seats on the kitchen counter.

 

"Unnie... you scared the hell out of me." I mumbled as I put one of the bowls in front of her. I then sat beside her and also placed the other bowl in front of me.

 

"I smelled food." She simply replied which made me chuckle. I guess the strong smell of ramen woke her up. She never changes.

 

"Eat up unnie. You'll have to drink meds after this." I said and also devoured on my ramen.

 

After a few moments I felt my phone vibrating.

 

Umji's calling...

 

"Hey." I held the phone with my left hand and continued eating with my right.

 

[How are things going there?]

 

"Well, when I say a lot happened. I mean A LOT."

 

[Why? Did you burn your kitchen already?] I almost choked on my ramen hearing her remark.

 

"Yewon! Did you call again to pester me?!" I exclaimed earning a questioning look from Yerin unnie, who is busy eating. I guess she was surprised by my sudden yell.

 

[Haha. I'm just joking SinB. How's Yerin unnie?]

 

"She's eating here beside me, do you want to talk to her?"

 

[If she'd want to...] I looked at Yerin unnie for confirmation. She nodded and motioned me to give her the phone.

 

"Umji yah..." She said softly. While I stopped eating just to stare at her. Her eyes are more puffy than ever. Her face indicates that she has no energy and her hair is a bit messy. "I'm fine, don't worry too much."

 

"Yeah yeah... I'm eating meals on time."

 

"Yeah. Your girlfriend here is a good nurse."

 

"Hmm. It's okay... she tried really well to make the taste acceptable." I choked with my own saliva hearing what she just said. She even smiled at me and even though her eyes are puffy, I can clearly see her eyesmile. She knows I cook for her...

 

"Ahh. You have to go?... okay then. Take care." Yerin unnie ended the call and gave me my phone.

 

"Unnie..." I called her. She was busy eating ramen so she just hummed in response.

 

"You know it was me who cooks for you?"

 

"With the first spoonful I ate? Yeah. I knew." She said and I can clearly see that slight smile she has while chewing the noodles.

 

"How? Does it taste really bad for you to recognize that it was my doing?"

 

"It doesn't taste b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter