Chaos

So Close Yet So Far
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi. It's been almost a year since I last updated this fic (you might need to reread some chapters to recall some characters and scenes haha). Actually, I was planning on  not updating this until the semester is over  (bc uni just takes most of my time) but classes are suspended so here it is.

I'm kinda happy bc I set a deadline for this and I managed to finish it on the day itself. Please bear with the errors, I was half asleep while trying to go through this haha. 

Anyway, here it is.

 

**********

 

 

“God damn it!” 

 

Yerin shot her eyes open as the shout followed by a loud thud woke her up. Then, their bedroom door swung open, revealing a worried Joy whose eyes went wide as she saw what was the situation inside the room.

 

“O-Oh…”

 

“Yah—!” Yerin half yelled, glancing at SinB who was sleeping unbelievably deeply in her arms. She held the blanket tighter around them, making sure their bodies were covered. “What are you doing, Park Sooyoung?” She whispered.

 

Joy sighed and then, her eyes landed on Yerin's shocked ones. She crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow.  “Maybe if you were answering me while I was yelling and knocking worriedly, I wouldn’t have broken in! I was worried you weren’t around the house because the last time I checked, you two were still not in good terms! I thought something bad happened that the house is so quiet!” She rambled as she glared at her friend and had her eyes roam around the room. Seeing the articles of clothes scattered everywhere, she disgustingly looked back at Yerin. “But here you are… having se—”

 

“Alright alright. Stop talking already.” Yerin mumbled feebly, giving Joy an apologetic look. “Do you have something important to say? Give me a minute, I’ll change quickly.”

 

“Nah, it’s okay. I know SinB would want to see you the moment she wakes up, especially when you had your first time last night.” 

 

Yerin felt her blood rushing to her face as Joy said those words with a not-so-innocent tone while winking at her. In a matter of seconds, she was already blushing hard. She knew her friend was aware about their push and pull relationship so it was usual for Joy to at times but she didn't have to point that one out.

 

“Just rest for a few more hours. I’ll be back by the afternoon to talk about the important matters. I’ll leave now, I might throw up here.” She gave Yerin a look and took steps toward the door. However, before she could fully leave the room, she looked back at Yerin and threw another wink. “For starters, morning shower is advisable.”

 

“S-Shut up and just leave!” Yerin almost threw her a spare pillow, feeling her cheeks heat up again. As she heard the faint chuckle of her friend and the click of the doorknob, she sighed in relief. Joy would definitely for days because of this.

 

Shrugging what her friend had said, Yerin wiped the sweat that formed in her forehead using her free hand, the other one was wrapped around SinB so she could not really move freely in her position. She then faced the younger girl and embraced her completely, kissing her forehead in the process.

 

She could feel her system getting filled with with happiness and contentment. Finally, the two of them had cleared things out, nothing left as a secret. She had not really thought that yesterday would happen, that they would be chased like that and SinB's life would once again be threatened. But she couldn't have it any other way, they were able to save SinB, that was the positive side. It would be more alarming if the attack happened in a different set up and they couldn't save the younger girl.

 

As she lifted her hand to caress SinB's cheek, the latter snuggled a little closer as if they weren’t hugging enough. “Love…” SinB lazily called, voice hoarse, making Yerin’s heartbeat go on a race so early in the morning.

 

The older girl hummed in response seconds after. She suddenly remembered how SinB called her with that while being at it last night. It was probably to make her go even crazier and sure, it worked like magic. But now that they weren’t doing some intense action in bed, she felt warmth enveloped her heart instead. That was a good word to start their day.

 

“Good morning.” SinB muttered against her before leaning away to stare at her face. She smiled softly as her hand slowly traced Yerin’s waist up to her jaw before tucking the messy strands out of the older's face. “Is this real?” She asked dreamily. 

 

Yerin didn’t answer. Instead, she leaned to place a chaste kiss on the younger’s lips making the latter smile uncontrollably. When Yerin leaned away, they were both staring softly at each other. The older girl just smiled softly as she caressed the other’s . “Good morning Love.”

 

SinB bit her lip to stop herself from grinning like an idiot. She kissed Yerin’s jaw before burying her head against the latter’s neck. “You’re real.” She muttered, making Yerin chuckle.

 

“Should we get ready for breakfast or you want to cuddle a little longer?”

 

“Cuddle?” SinB lazily answered but when Yerin’s fingers reached her hair to caress it, she leaned away and stared into Yerin’s sleepy eyes. “On the second thought, it would be exciting to have breakfast.”

 

“Yeah? I’ll cook for you. What do you want to eat?”

 

“You.”

 

Yerin’s sleepy eyes automatically widened. “H-Ha?” 

 

“Should we do what Joy advised?” SinB whispered, suddenly tracing Yerin’s collarbone, making the older girl gulp. 

 

“Y-You were awake?”

 

“I wasn’t completely awake, still half asleep, I guess. I understood the last part though.” 

 

“A-Ah..”

 

“So?”

 

“So…? What?” Yerin asked, trying to calm her heart that was erratically beating. But before she could do so, SinB already moved to hover over her, kissing her jaws down to her neck. Yerin tried so hard to not moan at that and as SinB’s lips reached hers, she softly pushed her away.

 

When younger girl looked at down at her to hear what she had to say, she only pouted. It made SinB chuckle and kiss her lips softly.

 

“I’m sorry. Would you rather rest?”

 

“No. It’s just, you had the control last night. It would be unfair if you’d top again.” 

 

SinB laughed, not expecting those words. It caused Yerin to pout even harder. The younger girl just buried her face against Yerin’s neck as she tried to stop herself from laughing more. How was she suppose to let Yerin be the top when the older girl was acting all cute like that? 

 

“Ah unnie, you’re so cute.” She muttered against her skin, teasing her. And when Yerin suddenly flipped their position, SinB knew, the older girl was determined to prove her wrong that morning. 

 

She was cute, yes, but she can be a top.

 

---

 

“Bi, settle down. I can’t finish here when you’re clinging onto me like that.” Yerin chuckled as she flipped the pancake she was making. SinB had been hugging her from the side since they exited the bathroom. Yes, they showered together as what Joy advised.

 

“I want to help.” 

 

“Prepare the table then, I’m almost done here.”

 

“When I said I want to help, I meant, I want to help cooking.” SinB pouted and didn’t even try to unlatch herself from Yerin. It felt nice to be spending mornings like this with her, especially after all those push and pulls they had gone through. Though it wasn’t their kitchen, at least, they could spend times like this together. 

 

“Okay, you fry the eggs and make toasts while I prepare the table.”

 

“I only said I want to help, not do all the cooking.” SinB whined and glared at Yerin. She then reluctantly remove her hands from the older girl as she opened the cabinets and drawers looking for utensils. “Fine. I’ll prepare the table.”

 

Yerin chuckled at how cute SinB was in front of her. This was one of the rare moments when you’d see the younger girl acting so childish. Looking back, the SinB this morning was a complete opposite of the SinB last night. The younger’s duality was really something and Yerin couldn’t be any happier because of that. It was a wholesome jackpot for her.

 

Seeing SinB’s whiny expression didn’t change, Yerin sighed in defeat. “Okay. Go beat the eggs.” She ordered softly making SinB grin like a kid.

 

“I love it when you can’t say no to me.” SinB happily muttered while cracking the eggs on the bowl.

 

Yerin raised an eyebrow at her. “Do you want me to kick you out of here?”

 

The younger girl gave a cheeky grin. “No. I love you chef.”

 

The statement automatically made Yerin’s lips curl upwards. This SinB would definitely make her go smitten. Well, she already was.

 

Soon, after the bickering, flirty remarks, and soft replies, they were finally sitting and eating their breakfast. SinB was, of course, prioritizing her scrambled eggs saying it was seasoned well. 

 

“Looks like you decided to have a real breakfast.” 

 

The duo snapped their heads toward Joy who suddenly showed up in the kitchen undetected. They were too engrossed in their own world to even spare a look around them, it was understandable.

 

“Real breakfast?” Yerin asked and offered a seat while SinB only smiled awkwardly to acknowledge her presence. Well, it would be really really awkward if you’d act all close to the person you suspected to have an affair with your wife right?

 

“I was expecting you two would have each other as breakfast.”

 

The answer caused Yerin’s face to heat up. While SinB, who was silently drinking her water, choked and started coughing. This was what Yerin meant when she thought about Joy not letting her off after witnessing what she shouldn’t have witnessed earlier. 

 

“Park Sooyoung.” Yerin glared as she handed SinB a glass of water.

 

Joy chortled. “Anyway, I just came here to say my team will be here in an hour. We have to tell you something.” She said, tone suddenly becoming serious. She gave an apologetic smile before sighing. “Enjoy your breakfast for now, I’ll be back later.” 

 

When she left, Yerin bit her lip and gulped. The light and happy atmosphere suddenly dropped. Now, she had to face the real problem here. Last night and earlier was not the happily-ever-after yet, it was a heavenly break though and she couldn’t have it any other way. 

 

She released a deep breath and look at SinB who held her hand and was looking at her, eyes full of worry.

 

“I’m here. Everything will be alright.” SinB said, trying to brush that uneasiness away from Yerin’s face. She was feeling it too, the heavy atmosphere, the worry, and the fear. She could feel it, around her, inside her, and through Yerin’s eyes. The latter had gone through a lot. She suffered the past weeks just making sure she was safe and the best thing she could do was be with her, not letting her feel helpless.

 

Seeing SinB trying to comfort her, Yerin tried to smile, lifting up the mood. “Let’s not think about it for now.” Grabbing her fork, she took a spoonful of scrambled egg and fed SinB with it. The latter, who also wanted to lift the mood, willingly opened and smiled in satisfaction.

 

---

 

“This is my team.” Joy introduced. “Seulgi, Yeri, and Wendy.”

 

Yerin and SinB stood up and shook hands with them. “Please take a seat.” They smiled politely as they led the four to the the living room. 

 

Once settled, the agents placed two laptops on the coffee table and turned it on. Then, Joy pulled out a phone.

 

“We found this yesterday, it was left in your doorstep. We examined it already, you know, for safety purposes.” Joy handed Yerin the phone and took out a flash drive, putting it in the middle of the table. “We got everything against him now. All these will be enough to take him down and put him behind the bars… but,” 

 

Yerin looked up and met her eyes. Why does she suddenly feel nervous? Hearing that 'but', she felt her uneasiness worsen. She knew Joy was about to say something really really bad. “But…?”

 

“Yerin, I swear, I had everyone secured. Everyone close to the two of you… I just didn’t know—”

 

“Sooyoung, please go straight to the point.” 

 

“Turn on the phone.” Joy calmly ordered as she looked seriously into her eyes. She sighed and nodded at Seulgi and Wendy. The two then started working with the laptops in front of them. 

 

Yerin and SinB looked at each other as both of them felt their breathings become unstable. They would surely see something terrible, basing on how Joy spoke and looked.

 

As they waited for the phone to start, SinB entwined their fingers as she felt Yerin slowly trembling. There was no way she would let Yerin feel helpless, not again. Yerin needed her and if being with her, holding her hand, was the only thing she could do, she would do so. 

 

“Open the gallery. There’s a photo.” 

 

Yerin did as she was told and upon seeing the photo, she almost lost her grip on the phone. 

 

How…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter