Date 1/2

So Close Yet So Far
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Unnie...?" SinB tilted her head. "Uhh... what are you doing down there?" She asked as Yerin blinked continuously.

 

The older girl was sure she looked stupid at that time and she could not do anything except smiling awkwardly at SinB to lessen her embarrassment. She bit her lip and looked down, her grip in her pen becomes stronger as she mentally smacked herself. That moment, she just wanted the groud to slowly eat her and disappear. She was too embarrassed to even speak a word.

 

Without second thought, she hastily stood up, attempting to regain her composure. But that was probably her worst day of the week because as she did, her head hit the table with a loud bang, causing her to drop on the floor, enduring the pain in a particular part of her head. "Aww..." She groaned and tried to massage that part.

 

"Unnie!" SinB yelled, surprised with what happened. Her eyes filled with worry as she bent down to look at Yerin who wasn't able to move as the pain slowly getting worse. SinB hurriedly walked to the other side and softly held Yerin's arms to help her crawl out and sit down on the floor. "Where does it hurt??? Where does it hurt??" She repeatedly asked as she kneeled down to examine her unnie's pained head. "Oh my God, why are you so clumsy??"

 

Yerin kept her head hung low as she closed her eyes, still massaging that certain part of her head. She wasn't able to respond to the younger's questions, feeling her world shaking because of the impact. If she was a cartoon character, she'd probably see stars above her head already.

 

SinB, knowing Yerin was unable to speak that moment, took the latter's hand and put it down. And instead she slowly massaged her unnie's head using her free hand. She carefully touched it to ease the pain. Although she knew that blowing onto it would not help, she still tried. SinB could not deny, she too was panicking. The loud bang earlier made her jump and instantly worry filled her insides.

 

"T-This will surely form a bump..." Yerin finally spoke as she held her head again.

 

"We need an ice pack..." SinB mumbled. "A moment, I'll call Ms. Fer." But before she could stand, Yerin grabbed her hand and pulled her. She confusedly looked at the other girl, waiting for words.

 

"There's a-a small f-fridge inside..." Yerin mumbled as she looked at the door to her right. "I b-bought it last week. You c-can find Ice packs there." She looked down again, avoiding the younger's eyes. She could not look up at SinB because of embarrassment. She did not expect their first encounter after more than a week of not seeing each other to be like that. And it was definitely not the scene you would want for your crush to see.

 

Yerin wasn't sure how she was able to transfer inside the room and sit down on their bed, she was still dizzy but atleast, the pain lessened. All she knew was that, SinB's warm hands didn't let go of her arms while they walked to the room and everything else was a bit blurry.

 

"Aww. Aww..." She mumbled.

 

"Sorry, I'm sorry. Does it still badly hurt?" SinB asked worriedly as she retracted the ice pack that she put on Yerin's head.

 

"N-No, it's okay. Put it back. Just hurts a bit with the sudden change of temperature." Yerin said, slowly getting better. SinB carefully put back the thing as she looked at the older's expression to check any sign of pain.

 

"I think we need this checked unnie..." SinB kneeled on the bed, just an inch beside Yerin's lap as she moved closer to check how big the bump is. "It's huge and it doesn't look good."

 

"Well, have you seen a bump looking attractive?"

 

"You're already hurt and you still have the energy to be sarcast—"

 

"Aw. Aw! Don't push too hard!" Yerin yelled as the younger girl was unconsciously putting force onto the ice pack. SinB immediately pulled it back and carressed the bump, trying to ease the pain.

 

"Sorry! Sorry, I didn't mean it. Okay?" SinB defended. She then leaned closer to check if it worsened, thankfully, it didn't. SinB sighed in relief. She placed back the ice pack on her head again, but as she did, a growl echoed inside their room. This caused Yerin to bit her lip and curse mentally as she held her stomach where the noise originated. Her day could not get any worse.

 

SinB leaned away and looked at her. "You haven't eaten anything yet???" She asked, sitting beside Yerin with her eyes glaring at the older girl. "Seriously unnie, why are you skipping meals... This is why you look thin. Tsk."

 

"I was planning to, but—" Yerin defended but ended up just sighing remembering what happened. She just looked at SinB and smiled apologetically. That was when she was finally able to appreciate the girl's new appearance closely. Those long eye lashes, pink curly hair, and her bangs. Once again, she was mesmerized.

 

"Unni, Why are you so stubborn. Can you take care of yourself next time?? We haven't seen each other for eight straight days and then when I came back you—"

 

"I missed you." Yerin blurted out, interrupting the younger girl from scolding her more. The pain she was feeling in her head momentarily vanished as she stared at SinB. She didn't know what urged her to say it out loud but she didn't regret it anyways. It's not like she confessed right? She just said she missed her, which is true, there's nothing wrong with it, right?

 

Well, probably with the way she stared at SinB while saying those? Or the way her voice felt so soft and sincere? Either way, it made SinB flustered and blush for a moment. She wasn't able to quickly react to that.

 

After a few seconds, she blinked continuously as she stuttered. "I m-missed you t-too unnie. N-Now, let's finish this and p-prepare to have lunch." Yewon won't be happy seeing me. Uggh, seriously, why am I stuttering.

 

She kneeled on the bed again and awkwardly put back the ice pack on Yerin's head. Then, her phone suddenly rang to Umji's call. She immediately answered it, hoping the disturbance would lessen the uneasiness she felt.

 

[So... are you having your lunch date with Yerin unnie already?] But what the girl said just made her instinctively jump away from Yerin, hoping she did not hear what Umji just said. She quickly excused herself and went out of the room.

 

"What the, Yewon!"

 

[What???]

 

"She almost heard you! And what lunch date are you talking about???" She asked, whispering but with intensity.

 

[Don't tell me you haven't asked her out yet??? SinB. I didn't break up with you for you to waste the opportunity to finally date her.]

 

"Can you lower down your voice?? I think she can hear you from here."

 

[Oh, believe me, she'll be ecstatic to hear it.]

 

"Why is that??"

 

[Haven't I told you already?? She likes you too! Duh.]

 

"You think she likes me—"

 

[I don't think so, I KNOW SO. Tsk. You are lucky I'm making things easier for you.]

 

"Then, what if you're wrong???"

 

[SinB just— Uggh, whatever. Let me just talk to her.]

 

"What?? Why???"

 

[It's none of your business. Give her the phone.]

 

"Why are you suddenly like this after we broke up. Tsk."

 

[Stop whining and just give her the phone.]

 

SinB just sighed in defeat and reluctantly went back to the room. She then saw Yerin lifting up the ice pack to her head. She walked over and carefully took the thing as she handed her phone to the older girl.

 

"That's Yewon. She wants to t-talk to you." She said and kneeled down on the bed once again to check the bump on Yerin's head. Thankfully, it didn't worsen anymore.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter