Date 2/2

So Close Yet So Far
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The next day, SinB took the responsibility of driving them to the place she planned to have their lunch date at. It wasn't a five star restaurant but she knew Yerin would be delighted to eat there. It was the place Yerin always drag her to whenever the girl craves for samgyeopsal. The five start restaurant could wait. For now, she just wanted to have a simple and at the same time, memorable date with Yerin.

 

The thought of finally having a date with the older girl made her stomach churn. For the eight days that she was gone, she seriously missed her. And finally, she was with her already, going to eat lunch in Yerin's favorite samgyeopsal place.

 

"Oh, our lovely ladies are here." Mrs. Song's face lit up seeing the two girls who just walked inside. She's the owner of the business and she kind of got closer to Yerin and SinB because of their regular visit at the place. "You haven't been visiting for weeks. Things getting busier?" She asked as she led them to their usual table in the corner.

 

"We had to go overseas that's why we couldn't visit here, Mrs. Song. We really missed you!" Yerin's eyesmile appeared as she hugged the old lady before sitting in front of SinB. While the younger girl sat still, amazed with Yerin’s energetic aura.

 

"Aigoo. I missed the both you too." She patted both their heads and smiled. "Should I prepare the usual?"

 

"Yes! With extra kimchi please." Yerin replied enthusiastically.

 

"Haha, okay then. I'll have Jun serve it in a few." Mrs. Song said and excused herself to prepare their food. Yerin thanked the old lady and smiled brightly. She hadn’t been eating her favorite food, she was obviously excited.

 

On the other hand, as SinB heard the name of Mrs. Song's grandson, Jun, her expression immediately turned into annoyance.

 

Whenever SinB and Yerin went to eat there, the man would always serve their food. If he had an opportunity, he would always try to converse with Yerin. SinB observed that every time she would excuse herself to the ladies' room, the man would always find way to approach Yerin and interact with her. He obviously showed interest on her and that was what annoyed SinB. But she knew that Yerin would be really happy to finally eat there after a long time so she disregarded her annoyance.

 

"After this, we should go shop for a dress, okay?" Yerin said as they waited for their food. Her eyes were sparkling as she scanned her surroundings. The younger silently smiled. She knew she chose the right place.

 

"Dress? For what?"

 

"Oh.. I forgot to tell you we are going to visit mom this coming Wednesday."

 

"Why dress? You can just wear casual clothes."

 

"Hmm… As long as you'll help me choose which suits me best, I'd consider that."

 

"Of course, I will unnie." She put her chin on her palm and smiled sweetly at her. "Also, it won't be difficult since you'd still look beautiful regardless of what clothes you wear." SinB added and stared lovingly at the other girl. It was her time to flirt after being stunned with what Yerin did last night. She remained on that cutesy position, wanting to see how Yerin would react. And.. a smile of victory formed in her lips seeing Yerin blush.

 

On the other hand, Yerin wasn't able to formulate a reply. Of all the years they lived together, the occurrence of SinB’s cute acts was rare. Yes, she’s cute in her own way but she was doing it unconsciously. And what just happened was unexpected for Yerin. SinB really intended to be cute in front of her. And the fact that SinB hates doing those things made it even more special. It’s not like she was complaining though. She even liked it— No, she loved it. After all, what she did the night before was nothing compared to that.

 

"Deliciously made for you~" The scene was abruptly interrupted by Jun's appearance, carrying their food and placing it one by one on their table. He smiled at the two, specifically at Yerin. SinB almost rolled her eyes but she knew the least thing she should do was make a scene and ruin their date, so she just forced a smile and thanked the guy.

 

"Ohh.. Yerin ah. You are blushing. Is that because I'm here?" He said playfully and winked.

 

SinB scoffed. "Confidence at its finest." She muttered under her breath as she annoyingly gave Yerin a pair of chopsticks, her mood was affected because of that guy. It was obvious.

 

"I-I'm okay, Oppa. Thanks for the food." Yerin politely said and slightly bent her head to show respect. The guy only smiled sweetly and excused himself to accommodate other customers. The younger girl thanked the heavens for that.

 

 

As they ate, SinB could not help but to stare occasionally at the girl in front of her. Yerin was obviously enjoying the food and SinB liked seeing the older like that. Only if it wasn't because of Jun who kept on coming back to their table and ask if they needed anything, her day would be perfect already.

 

But as much as she wanted to control her annoyance and jealousy, she just could not. Especially when the guy was slowly getting into her nerves as he kept on talking to Yerin.

 

"Excuse me but can you please stop coming here every three minutes to ask if we need anything. We'll just call you if we need your help." SinB finally blurted out. She tried hard not to sound y but with her blank expression, she surely looked like one. "I'm sorry to say but you are obviously interrupting our DATE." SinB added.

 

Yerin knew that the younger girl was already losing her temper. She tried to ease her and held her hand. SinB's eyes softened but that didn't mean she was done with Jun.

 

"Date??" The guys confusedly asked.

 

"Yes, DATE." She emphasized the four letter word as she stared at his orbs. "You might not know but she is MY wife." She added and lifted her hand as well as Yerin's, showing their wedding rings. They never revealed about them before so even Mrs. Song didn't know about their marriage.

 

Luckily, a costumer called Jun's attention for help. He reluctantly walked away as he could not believe what he just heard and saw. This made Yerin sigh in relief. She didn't expect SinB to snap that hard. But she could not deny, the scene amused her. SinB was obviously being possessive and although it almost caused trouble she liked seeing the younger girl that way. SinB was really annoyed with the man's presence, interrupting them. Was she just annoyed? Or was she jealous too? The idea made Yerin smile. Maybe, she should start believing what Umji told her about SinB liking her. After all, her observations obviously led to that conclusion too. Especially when she saw how SinB reacted to what she did last night.

 

When they were finally done and getting ready to leave the place, Jun appeared, again. SinB was sure her eyes rolled automatically, she only hoped no one saw it— or did she want Jun to see it?

 

The guy gave them a paper bag, probably extra food, and then happily thanked them for visiting despite their busy schedule. "This is from grandma. She couldn't meet you now because she had to go somewhere."

 

"Please thank her for us. And thank you for your service, oppa."

 

"It's nothing." He sweetly smiled at Yerin and then turned to look at SinB who was obviously not interested with the conversation. "Please take care while driving."

 

"No need to remind me actually, but thanks for the care." SinB forced a smile and held Yerin's hand. "Let's go unnie." She bowed to the guy before walking out of the place, not wanting to see his face any longer.

 

"Which mall do you wanna go?" She asked Yerin as she started the engine of the car. Her tone was soft, completely opposite a moment ago. She knew she should not let that ruin their plans for the day. "We have the whole afternoon to do whatever you want unnie." She smiled at her before finally focusing her eyes on the road.

 

"Is that so? Then let's watch a movie first. There's this new one I've been wanting to watch." Yerin said and smiled.

 

 

The rest of the day was a blast, as what SinB described it. They had so much fun visiting shops and playing in arcades. SinB was proud of herself. She managed to really make their day a memorable one and finally, Umji would stop scolding for being not-so-good with this thing.

 

They came home late and exhausted that day but who cares? What more important was, they came home happy and contented with how their day was spent.

 

But as SinB took a last glance at the girl sleeping beside her, she could not help but to think. What was their label? Basically, she's her wife but that's what the papers said. What was their real label? The label they set for themselves?

 

SinB wished she could answer that sooner.

 

---

 

Days had passed quickly and Wednesday had finally arrived. They were kind of busy the past days because of the appointments they had to attend. It wasn’t as stressful though because as they did their responsibilities, they were still able to spend time together.

 

It was already 6pm and Yerin and SinB were both preparing to visit Yerin's mom. They wore the clothes they bought during their date. Casual but pretty clothes. Of course, SinB's taste never fails.

 

After they finished preparing, they immediately headed to the address Mrs. Jung sent them. They were already 30 minutes late so they had to go a little faster.

 

As they were almost reaching the place, Yerin's phone rang to her mom's call. She immediately answered it and was expecting her mom to scold her for making the woman wait but to her surprise, it was her dad who was on the other line. She got worried.

 

"Dad? What's wrong?"

 

[Nothing. Nothing. I just called using your mom's phone because I can't find mine.]

 

"Why did you call? What happened?" She asked worriedly. SinB glanced at her curiously but attention still focused on the road.

 

[Nothing important. I just wanna tell you that your mom can't meet you tonight.]

 

"Huh? Why? We're already on our way to the restaurant."

 

[She has an urgent matter to attend to. She told me to call you. She said that she's sorry and she'll just visit you some other time.]

 

"Is that so?"

 

[You're with SinB, right?]

 

"Yes dad. She's driving."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter