Masquerade Ball

So Close Yet So Far
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Blasting music, the smell of alcoholic drinks, and drunk people on the dance floor welcomed Eunha, Yerin and SinB the moment they entered the club. It was almost midnight so the place was, as expected, more crowded. According to Eunha, it’s more fun when it’s more crowded so she insisted on going during midnight, they don’t have any important schedule tomorrow morning anyway so they can do whatever they want. Make the best out of their trip while it lasts, because when they come back to Korea, tons of paper works will surely welcome them. 

 

They went to one of the VIP tables near the counter which has a great view of the dance floor. Eunha already reserved that spot for them even before she arrived in Europe, she was that ready to go wild and have fun partying. When it comes to parties, she is the most reliable friend you can ask help from. She has a lot of connections from different famous clubs and even invested to some of it. 

 

“I’m just going to see my friend over there.” Eunha said and called a waiter for the two. “Just order anything, it’s all on me. I’ll be back in a few.” She smiled sweetly and took her leave. 

 

Yerin and SinB just casually gave their order to the European guy and just sat there, unsure of what to do next. The two of them were not really used to this kind of atmosphere so they felt a bit different. Sure, they went to tons of business parties but those are formal parties. This was completely new to them even though they already went to some clubs in Korea. This one was bigger, louder, and wilder.

 

When the waiter returned carrying their drinks, Eunha was still nowhere to be found.

 

“That midget really has a lot of friends here huh.” SinB said and took a sip of her drink. She doesn’t want to be drunk so early so she decided to take it slow while her wife who was slowly enjoying the atmosphere, did the opposite. It actually surprised her since she thought Yerin doesn’t want to be drunk nor wasted. “Unnie, it’s too early to drink a lot, you know.”

 

“I rarely drink so why not? Besides I have you to take care of me in case I become a mess, right?” Yerin replied and chuckled. She called the waiter who was passing by and ordered more snacks to eat.

 

“You look so childish.” SinB muttered as she rolled her eyes and only sighed while shaking her head. “You ALWAYS look childish.” SinB added, emphasizing the word ‘always’.

 

“Whatever Hwang Eunbi. You love me anyway.” Yerin straightforwardly blurted out and took out her phone since it was ringing nonstop. She actually missed five calls already, all from Sowon.

 

Yerin’s remark caught SinB off guard. She uncontrollably blushed and looked at anything but Yerin. She knew that Yerin meant it as a simple affection towards a sister, nothing more, but it still made her flushed. She doesn’t even know why she was reacting that way. It should be normal for her since everyone says those words to any of their relatives or friends. Well, maybe, their situation was different and it’s kind of awkward for her hearing Yerin talk like that. Especially when she had feelings for the older before. 

 

SinB was lucky Yerin went outside to answer the call, her face was so evidently pinkish even though the lights inside the club are dim. She shook her head and just decided to sip on her drink again thinking that she has a girlfriend. ‘Yeah, a girlfriend who is too busy to call me, too busy to answer my calls, too busy to talk to me’ She thought. 

 

Umji had been too distant and sometimes unreachable. She had not been calling SinB like she used to. Talk to her like she used too. Joke around even just through phone like she used to. SinB nowadays, was always the one who calls her and asks if she’s still alive or what. Umji had been spending all her time for her training and SinB can only support her, even though the girl was obviously sacrificing her time for her girlfriend. SinB doesn’t want to get angry at her though, knowing that Umji was doing her best for her parents. She doesn’t want to hinder what Umji really wanted to do but she just couldn’t help but to miss the affection her girl had always shown her.

 

Maybe that was the reason why she was having these kinds of feelings around Yerin. The girl was giving her the attention and time her girlfriend has been failing to give. Maybe Yerin was just always there. Well, Yerin is always there, she had been a great unnie and friend to SinB. It’s just that, the latter was currently feeling quite weird around Yerin nowadays. And the fact that she once fell in love with the girl made it all worse.

 

‘What’s with me?’ She thought.

 

Actually, she had been having hard time with her thoughts and feelings, she just decided not to think about those at the moment and enjoy their trip but those thoughts just won’t let her live. For the past few days that she was alone with Yerin, and Umji being distant, she sure knows that something was up, in her thoughts and in her feelings. She’s just quite good at ignoring it during most of the times. She kept telling herself that she just enjoys being around Yerin that's why she’s feeling a lot lately.

 

“Where did Yerin go?” Eunha suddenly came back, disturbing SinB from her deep thoughts. SinB looked up and was about to answer but got interrupted. “And SinB, I would like you to meet, Jihyo, my childhood friend. She’s friends with Yerin too.” Eunha pulled someone behind her. SinB didn’t notice her at first since she was just standing behind Eunha, not moving at all. 

 

SinB immediately stood up and shook hands with the girl. ‘She’s pretty.’ She thought. She smiled at Jihyo and offered the seat beside Yerin’s.

 

“This is SinB. Yerin’s wife.” Eunha introduced which earned an ‘ohh’ from her friend. Jihyo then smiled sweetly at SinB and examined the girl’s features, too obvious for SinB. She only awkwardly smiled and grabbed her glass. “Yerin has such a good taste on girls.” Jihyo suddenly blurted out which caused SinB to choke on her drink. Eunha immediately asked a waiter for a glass of water and at the same time laughing at Jihyo’s remark, especially at SinB’s reaction. SinB only coughed hard as she continuously hit her chest.

 

“Hey, are you okay?” Yerin came back seeing SinB coughing hard so she immediately went beside the latter not noticing the presence of the other two behind her. “What happened?” Yerin caressed SinB’s back helping the girl to calm her lungs.

 

Eunha laughed along with Jihyo as she gave SinB the glass of water. Yerin immediately looked at her attempting to glare at the girl for still laughing when SinB was literally choking but her expression quickly went priceless seeing the girl beside Eunha. 

 

“Jihyo?!” She exclaimed, confirming if it was really her friend. Jihyo only smiled and winked at her. Yerin jumped out of excitement and went to hug her friend. “Waahh! I missed you Jihyo-yah!” She yelled in excitement and hugged her friend even tighter, completely forgetting that SinB was choking.

 

“U-Uhh, Yerin… Your wife is glaring at you. I think you should prioritize her first.” Jihyo whispered and pushed Yerin softly. Yerin then looked back at SinB who was already glaring at her. She gulped as she forced a smile and went closer to the latter.

 

“Aww!” She shouted feeling the pain on her foot. SinB just stepped on her, hard. What made it worse was, SinB wearing heels.

 

“I was choking but you left me and ran to her like a kid?” SinB said with a low voice, not wanting for the others to hear. She’s not jealous (like what she told to herself) but Yerin was just so childish forgetting about her choking wife for a friend. Even though they’re not romantically related, at least she should’ve prioritized the girl.

 

“A-Ah haha, I was just t-too excited.” Yerin said and forced an awkward laugh. “Are you okay now?” She asked trying to change the topic.

 

“You two are cute together.” Jihyo said and smiled at them, amused at what she was witnessing. Yerin blushed and just sat down between Sinb and her friend while SinB remained silent, unable to formulate any response.

 

“T-That’s why you should already look for a girlfriend, having one feels great you know.” She said, low key changing the topic again. She doesn’t know why but talking about her relationship with SinB and how good they look together makes her nervous lately.

 

“Don’t worry about me Yerin, I’m doing just fine.” Jihyo replied and again, winked at Yerin. 

 

“Wait... So you already have someone?!” Yerin asked in excitement. It had been a while since they last talked about each other’s life. Both were busy with their own responsibilities. 

 

Eunha suddenly stood up and went in front of SinB. “I guess they need some catching up to do, mind accompanying your cute unnie?” She asked earning a glare from the latter.

 

“You can just simply ask me, you know.” SinB said as she stood up. “No need to compliment yourself.” Eunha just laughed and turned to face her friends.

 

“We’ll leave you two to catch up.” Eunha said and winked at them while dragging SinB away.

 

“She’s cute.” Jihyo muttered while looking at the two walking away or rather, Eunha dragging SinB away. 

 

“Who?” Yerin asked.

 

“Your wife, of course. Duh! I would never compliment that bunny, you know that.” Jihyo replied causing for both of them to laugh. They sure missed each other’s playfulness. Meeting in a club was really a great timing for them to update each other’s lives. So they continued to talk and of course bicker with each other. Talking about random thoughts and laugh just like before. Jihyo is one of Yerin’s closest friends so she felt great meeting her again.

 

 

 

 

The night went deeper and more bottles were emptied. Eunha and SinB went back to their table after an hour of touring inside the club and having fun around. They were still sober but the effect of alcohol was already felt. They just kept on talking to each other and occasionally danced to the music. Four of them were obviously enjoying the night, especially for the married couple who rarely went wild like this. The two of them originally thought that they’ll survive the night with just sitting around and drink. But of course, Eunha won’t let that happen.

 

“SinB-yah! Let’s go! This is my kind of jam!” Eunha grabbed SinB’s wrist and dragged her to the dance floor, dancing like a high school kid. SinB, of course, has no choice but to just go with the flow. So with the help of alcohol, she was able to throw her shyness around the new people and just let her body enjoy the beat of the music.

 

“That Eunha, really… Wait ‘til Sowon sees this.” Jihyo muttered and took out her phone to film her friend who was dancing all out. This sight of Eunha was never new to her, the girl was always like this but this time, Sowon was not around.

 

Hearing no response from her friend, Jihyo looked at Yerin only to see girl so focused watching the two on stage, more like, staring at SinB and smiling to herself. It was evident that Yerin was already tipsy but the way she looked at SinB was serious yet soft that she looked like she didn’t drink any alcohol at all. 

 

Jihyo smiled seeing her friend being so happy. She put down her phone and drank the beer in front of her, she couldn’t remember which one was hers so she just grabbed whatever she could see. “You look like a love struck fool, Yerin. It gives me goose bumps” She teased.

 

“Sorry?” Yerin was too engrossed observing her wife that she didn’t notice Jihyo was talking to her until the girl laughed. 

 

“I said, SinB might melt because of your stare!” Jihyo said which made Yerin’s face heat up. The girl was still unknowledgeable about the fake marriage of her friend so she thought that saying those lines won’t affect Yerin too much. But seeing how her friend blushed just amazed her, she had never seen her friend like this before. “Woah, look at you. You look like a high school girl who got noticed by her crush.”

 

“W-What are you talking about?” Yerin glared at her friend, her face still looking pinkish, simply hoping that Jihyo wouldn’t notice it.

 

“But I must say…” Jihyo leaned closer to Yerin and smirked. “Your girl is hot.” She whispered causing for Yerin to blush even harder. Jihyo was really good at teasing and even improved after years of not meeting her.

 

“Y-Yah!” Yerin pushed Jihyo as the girl burst into a loud laughter. Yerin could only face palm and glare at her fri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter