Cookies

So Close Yet So Far
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yerin's POV.

It's already our 10th day here in Europe. And Dad meant his words, we only had few meetings unlike before. Me and SinB mostly had fun visiting places from here to there, trying restaurants and shopping souvenirs for our friends back home. It wasn't hard coping up with the culture here, people are friendly especially our neighbors. Our driver is friendly too, he became our tour guide even tho it is not part of his job. He always tries his best to communicate with us even though his English speaking skills are not that good.

 

Our other business meetings went well, we gained investors. As I said, people here are not hard to be friends with, well, except for that ert who checked SinB out. I just hope we won't cross paths again. We only have one business meeting left, a masquerade ball to be specific, a ball full of businessmen. I actually don't want to go, but our presence is needed so we have no choice. It will be the day after tomorrow so we still have time to prepare for it, besides, I think mom already bought us our dresses for the night. So before that, we still have 2 days to have fun. To enjoy the places, food, and the satisfying atmosphere especially when you have a very hyper wife who never gets tired of going from places to places.

 

SinB is the best travel buddy you can have, except when she sometimes can't read some instructions on the Tourists' Guide. But overall, she is an enjoyable person to be with, especially when roaming around new places. She always has ideas when it comes to choosing our next place to visit, our next souvenir store to shop, and of course, as a photojournalist before, her ideas when it comes to taking aesthetic and beautiful photos never disappoint me. I even suggested that she should pursue her dream about being a photographer but she said that she can't since the corporation needs her. It's her decision anyway, I can only support her.

 

"Unnie, which one is better?" SinB called my attention as she showed two different brands of flour.

 

We are currently buying groceries. We decided to just go today since we have no appointments nor plans for the whole day. SinB actually wanted to go to Italy but then I badly need to rest for at least one day. Travelling for consecutive days isn't good for me, especially when I have motion sickness. Besides, we still have much time to visit the place. We can just stay home today and watch movies or do whatever we want to let time pass.

 

"The left one, I think. I don't have idea about Europe's product so we can just trust our guts." I suggested. You might be wondering why we are buying flour when we don't actually need it, especially when we mostly have our meals in the restaurants. The surprising fact is, SinB wants to learn how to bake, at least, cookies. I was actually speechless for a few seconds when she said: "Unnie, I want to learn how to bake."

 

She snapped a finger in front of me and glared. Of course, who would not be surprised hearing that from someone who can barely make a soup?

 

When she started sulking, that was the moment when I agreed that she should try baking. She's being a kid nowadays. Pouting when she needs something, sulking when I won't agree with her, and randomly doing aegyo for me to come with her and visit a place she wants. Well, I won't complain tho. SinB being this way, being cute and childish, makes me smile and soft. She never did this whenever when we're with our other friends, maybe to Umji, but the others? Nah, she's becoming savage when the others are around. It's like she has different personalities but the same person.

 

"What's with the smile, unnie?"

 

"What?"

 

"You have been smiling for the past 2 minutes while mindlessly pushing the cart and staring at nothing."

 

"Am I?" I asked trying not to get caught daydreaming. Her attention went to the frozen foods when she saw packs of french fries. She immediately took two packs and grinned like a kid who received a candy. This is what I am talking about, SinB being cute without even trying. She's just cute naturally and I doubt that she knows it or if she does, she won't agree to it.

 

As we went home, SinB immediately went to the kitchen and excitedly prepared everything. I followed her but then I was sent away saying that she doesn't need me.

 

"But I can help you, you know." I said as I tried not to with the apron she just used. She's probably too excited and preoccupied that she accidentally wore a pink apron.

 

"I have phone. Phone has instructions."

 

"But I can be a better help."

 

"Phone gives help without insults." She replied and took out her phone.

 

"I won't—"

 

"Oh come on, unnie. We both know that you will probably insult my baking skills while teaching me. So please, just watch a movie there and wait."

 

I wasn't able to respond since she started pushing me away from the kitchen. I could only roll my eyes and slumped my body on the couch as I grabbed the remote control. I just hope she won't burn the kitchen.

 

---

 

I woke up with the smell of half sweet half burnt cookies. I immediately sat down as I remembered that I'm supposed to be watching a movie and be wide awake in case SinB might burn our house. I stood up and slowly walked towards the kitchen as I try to remember where I placed the fire extinguisher, in case I might need it. But I guess no, because the smell of freshly baked cookies plays with my nostrils. The smell of burnt ones also made its way to my nose but I guess the smell of sweet cookies dominates.

 

How many hours have I been sleeping? It seems like she's done and I just hope she didn't ruin anything in the kitchen nor made a mess while baking. I may sound ruthless but I don't trust SinB if she's alone in the kitchen trying to make an edible food. But I guess, she can manage since she made me soup when I was sick, the only thing is that, the kitchen was a real mess after she cooked.

 

As I reached the kitchen, I saw her still, in pink apron as she places every cookie in a big transparent jar. I walked closer, yet slowly as I try to spot any round black thing inside the jar, but there wasn't. Some may be burnt slightly but others' visuals are acceptable enough.

 

SinB was too focused with what she's doing that she didn't even bother to acknowledge my presence or may be she didn't notice me at all. I stopped walking, and leaned my shoulder and head against the wall as I stared at SinB who really looks adorable right now. She has this determined look and how she bites her lower lip like a focused kid made it all perfect. To add on to that, her hair is tied like a messy bun while her baby hairs drop on both side of her face.

 

*thump*

 

I guess SinB is just too cute that it made me react this way. I mean, it's rare to see her like this, being focused and ended up being beyond adorable. My smile became wider as she took a bite of the cupcake beside the cookie jar, it was the left over of the cupcakes we bought yesterday. I guess she b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter