What a Mess 1/2

So Close Yet So Far
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunha threw her small pouch at the backseat as she secured herself with the seatbelt. She smiled at her girlfriend who was sitting on the driver’s seat waiting for her to be ready before leaving the place. Sowon immediately headed off seeing the other girl nodding at her. They were both exhausted and hungry considering the busy day they had. Nevertheless, they were both happy and satisfied thinking that their two closest friends were already having one of the best moments of their lives.

 

As Eunha suggested that they should just eat at the nearby restaurant, Sowon immediately changed directions and headed to the famous food place she knew which was only six minutes away from the building.

 

“You think SinB will do well??” Sowon asked, starting a conversation as the traffic lights turned red. “That rascal is sometimes unpredictable. We never know, she might mess up her speech for Yerin. Haha.”

 

“Yah. I know SinB will do well tonight. She might look like a nervous kid earlier but I know she will make the best out of tonight’s event.” Eunha rebutted and checked the time. “We can still watch a movie after the dinner. What time will your shift start tomorrow?”

 

"In the afternoon” Sowon answered and winked at her girlfriend before stepping on the accelerator again. The bunny only smiled in satisfaction knowing she could have more quality time with the older girl. Sowon had been really busy ever since the hospital was bombarded with multiple patients from a huge traffic accident a few days ago. It always worried the smaller girl whenever this happens. She knew that her girlfriend could sometimes forget to take care of herself before doing her job as a doctor.

 

“That’s good to hear.” She said and checked her phone. Seeing no messages from SinB, she smiled in relief. She told SinB earlier that if something went wrong she should immediately text her and she would come instantly to help. So since there was nothing, it meant that the younger girl was already having a great time.

 

“Wait babe…” Sowon confusedly called her girlfriend as she slowly reduced the car’s speed. Eunha looked up at her to ask what was the problem and her brows immediately furrowed seeing the older girl pouting. She was about to smack her but the older immediately spoke, “Isn’t that SinB…?” She asked and pointed her lips further to their right, making the smaller girl look outside the window.

 

Upon seeing a familiar leather jacket, Eunha’s neutral expression turned into confusion as she ordered Sowon to stop the car. She immediately went out and slowly approached the girl who seemed to be lost and preoccupied to even notice that a car pulled up behind her.

 

After making sure that the girl was really SinB, Eunha softly grabbed her arm and turned her around. “SinB what are— hey! What’s wrong? What happened??” She asked continuously seeing how SinB’s expression was. The younger girl looked lost and hurt. It looked like she was physically awake and present yet her mental and emotional state were eons away. Her eyes seemed drained and lifeless as it yelled pain. However, there were no tears.

 

It got Eunha worried real hard.

 

“Hey. What happened???” She asked again, shaking SinB’s body since the girl was only looking at her, probably not realizing that it was Eunha who was in front of her.

 

After a few seconds, Sowon appeared beside her, completely confused and worried as well. She just remained standing, also waiting for SinB’s explanation.

 

“Y-Yerin unnie…” SinB started and blinked.

 

With how SinB responded, it made Eunha more worried as she looked straight at the other girl, trying to squeeze out something from her miserable expression. “What? What happened to her??”

 

“Y-Yerin unnie will b-be h-happy…” SinB muttered. Her voice was almost inaudible and her eyes were shouting pain, yet, she was trying her best to smile. She was trying to show she was okay but no matter how she did, her eyes could not lie. “She will be h-happy…” She sounded so lost. She looked drunk but the older girls knew she wasn’t.

 

Eunha rubbed her shoulders. “Eunbi-yah… what happened? Please tell me… what’s wrong?”

 

“Is she already there? At the r-rooftop??”

 

“Yes. I actually thought you are—“ But Eunha’s sentence was interrupted upon seeing how SinB’s expression worsened. However, despite the crashing hopes and unbearable pain, the younger girl was still trying to smile.

 

“That’s good to hear unnie… g-good to hear…” SinB muttered, eyes slowly became teary as she turned to Sowon who was looking at her worriedly. “Unnie… I really appreciate your help despite being b-busy in the hospital. T-Thank you so much.” Her voice was slowly cracking. She then looked at Eunha and smiled sadly. “And Eunha unnie… you already know how grateful I am right…? H-Hehe… Thank you again u-unnie…”

 

No matter how much she tried to act that she was okay, she knew that she was failing it. With every word she uttered and every crack of her voice when she spoke, it was completely obvious. Even a stranger could tell that she was in verge of crying.

 

“Eunbi yah… what happened?” Eunha asked once again as she finally wrapped her arms around the younger girl, giving her a comforting embrace. “We know that something’s really wrong Eunbi… please stop acting that you’re okay… We’re here for you… you can lean on me— on us…” She added as she started rubbing SinB’s back, slowly tearing up seeing her friend in that state. “Don’t hold back your tears… unnie’s shoulder will gladly help you, hmmm?” She said and hugged the younger girl tighter.

 

With that, it didn’t take long for SinB to finally break down and let her tears run down her cheeks. “I-I didn’t e-expect to be h-hurt this m-much u-unnie.” She buried her face in Eunha’s shoulder as she tightly held onto her unnie’s waist. She was crying hard, letting out the emotions she had been controlling for the past hour. “I-I-It’s h-hurting so m-m-much.” She was letting it out yet it wasn’t helping a bit. The pain was still there, lingering and even becoming worse. Her sobs were becoming louder as she hiccupped from time to time.

 

“Shhh… unnie is here…” Eunha looked up to contain her tears. Seeing SinB in that state was hurting her real hard even though she wasn’t enlightened about the whole situation yet.

 

Eunha and Sowon decided to just let the younger girl cry out first. The former just kept on whispering comforting words as she continued to caress SinB’s back. While Sowon who was worried and clueless as well just patted SinB’s head softly and looked away, feeling her heart so heavy seeing the younger girl so broken and vulnerable. She exchanged looks with Eunha and slowly headed back to the car, understanding what the latter was implying through her eyes.

 

“Eunbi yah…? Come on… Let’s get inside the car. It’s getting chilly out here.” She whispered but remained motionless as she waited for SinB to partially calm down.

 

As they finally settled themselves in the car, Eunha instructed Sowon that they should just head home considering what happened. Sowon just nodded and immediately started the engine.

 

Eunha decided to sit at the backseat to accompany SinB and offer her arms for comfort. Though, SinB’s sobs seemed to become low, her tears were still evident as it continued to flow out of her eyes. She looked like a mess and Eunha knew deep inside the younger girl, it was messier.

 

After a few moments, SinB pulled away and wiped her tears that seemed to be flowing non-stop. She faked a laugh and touched Eunha’s shirt that got drenched. “I-I’m sorry unnie haha.” She said and sniffled.

 

“Yah. You know it’s okay…” Eunha replied and looked directly into SinB’s eyes. She knew that the girl wasn’t done crying yet but she also knew that SinB wasn’t the type who would cry all out in one seating. She knew that SinB was still trying to be strong and okay despite being crushed inside. But she also knew that it was better if SinB would open up sooner. This might cause the younger girl to break down again but she knew that it would be a really big help if SinB would open up and share her burden. “What happened Eunbi?” She finally asked again.

 

SinB forced a smile before hanging her head low, “First of all… I’m sorry unnie… I’m sorry for f-failing you…” She started and tried her best to not let her voice crack. “And you too Sowon unnie… I’m s-sorry…” She looked up as her eyes were getting teary again.

 

“It’s okay… hmmm?” Eunha reassured her and held her hand. SinB only smiled and used her other hand to wipe the tear that stubbornly escaped from her eye.

 

“U-Unnie…” She looked up to take a deep breath before looking back at Eunha who was patiently waiting f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter