Soup

So Close Yet So Far
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SinB's POV.

 

I had to take care of Yerin unnie the next day. Even though paper works are piling in our office, I can't just leave her here, sick and broken. I care for her not just because she's my wife and my responsibility but because I care of her. We've been together for years and she became important to me.

 

I called Umji earlier and told her what happened. She said she was sorry that she's not here for Yerin unnie. I just told her that it's okay as long as she'll give me some advice that I can tell Yerin unnie since I'm not good at that. But before she can even tell me one, she bid her goodbye saying she was being summoned by her superiors.

 

I've tried calling Yuna unnie also but it turned out that she blocked my number and Yerin unnie's. I tried contacting her family or their company but they keep on telling me that only important matters are being addressed and no one dared to reveal Yuna unnie's location or whatsoever. It's so frustrating actually. I'm starting to hate Yuna unnie but I kept on reminding myself that she might have a valid reason for doing this. So I kept on trying but every time I tried, I just end up loosing hope on contacting her.

 

It has been 3 days since that night and Yerin unnie stayed at home, crying until she falls asleep. I, on the other hand, keeps on going back and forth to the company and at the same time checking on Yerin unnie. I actually stay at home and visit the company only for an hour since I can't leave unnie alone. I already told our parents about her being sick, of course I'm not disclosing to them the real reason, what am I? Stupid? Nah, they'll never know this set up between the four of us. Unless we want to be removed from our families' register of course.

 

As much as I want to delay our trip more, I can't. We badly need to go there and attend whatever our parents have set. We are not the only VIPs on those meetings. Even though Dad really meant it when he told us that we'll only attend few meetings, we still can't delay those. We might end up loosing potential investors.

 

I'm currently in the kitchen, well I don't know if it's still considered as a kitchen since it's too messy due to my not so talented skills. I know you might be thinking that I might burn this down, trying to make an edible food, I'm sorry but I'm proud to say that I managed to make an edible soup for Yerin unnie. For the past three days, I need to learn how to cook. At least just a soup. I know it might not taste that good but after a few failures, I manage to at least make its taste acceptable for my taste buds. I don't known if Yerin unnie likes it though, but she just kept on eating my so-called 'soup'. Even though she doesn't compliment or give any comment about it, I still feel proud knowing that she can tolerate the food I made for her.

 

"Aw..." I mumbled as I made a small cut on my pointing finger having a difficulty of cutting onions.

 

Actually, I have 4 current wounds before this. So all in all I already have 5 cuts in my hands. Not to mention my slightly burnt thumb.  I think I already used up all the bandages and ointments in our first aid kit here. I'll just buy later, together with groceries since we are already running out of supplies here.
 

 

At last, after all those struggling and hesitation if to add more salt or not, I managed to finish my soup for Yerin unnie today. The taste is quite better than my previous one so I could really tell that I'm slowly improving. I then called my girlfriend to boast my achievement for today while preparing Yerin unnie's food on the tray. She has become a lot busier compared to last week. I missed her already. I hope she can answer my call.

 

After a few rings, she picked up her phone.

 

"Babe! I thought you can't make it again."

 

[I'm sorry, SinB. I was just too busy.]

 

"It's okay... I miss you. Are you taking your rest properly?"

 

[Yeah. Don't worry about me. How's Yerin unnie?]

 

"Her fever went down. She's getting better physically but emotionally... well, hope she'll get over it sooner."

 

[I tried contacting Yuna unnie also, but I got nothing... I'm sorry I can't help.]

 

"It's okay Umji... she's my responsibility. Don't worry about it." I flinched when my new wound got contact with the hot bowl where I put the soup.

 

[SinB. Are you okay? What happened?] She asked worriedly.

 

"Nothing. Nothing... By the way, you know that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter