Ch.29 Awake

After the divorce (Krisho)

Junmyeon stares at his ex-husband, wondering what the taller man is dreaming about. He has his eyes scrunch up, he's also sweating and mumbling words under his breath and as much as he wants him to rest he can't take it anymore and tries to wake him up.

"Yifan...Yifan wake up, babe. Please wake up." Suho grabs the man's face and slaps him repeatedly, thankfully Kris opens his bleary eyes and looks confusedly around him.

"Hey..don't panic now. Calm down dear, I am here." 

Yifan looks at Junmyeon, confusion written on his face, clearly wondering why he felt weak, why he can't get up. A healthy man like him has never been bed ridden before and it's making him awkward.

"Why am I here.."

"Yifan, you've been shot, as far as I know that girl Aimi has something to do with this. Jaebum brought you here when Mark decided to blow up the mansion as well. If Aimi has something to do with this then it is safe to say that she has acquired some information from within in exchange of the deal she made with that group."

Yifan stayed silent as he gritted his teeth in anger, a mere woman thinks that she can kill him, that she can bring his whole family down.

"She will pay for this..."

"She already did, she killed herself Yifan."

"Good, now it's her family that I need to eliminate."

"Yifan..it's all finished now. Let's end the violence there and move on."

Yifan looks at Suho with pity in his gaze.

"I know that you have a good heart Suho but in the mafia world all debt must be paid. Her family has been bugging me to fight their battles, cornering me and forcing me to do s but I didn't let them. What she did is unforgivable, we lost our house, Jaebum will start from scratch again working on a new security system at God knows where..if this continues I will need to get back to China."

Suho stays silent holding his breath.

"Take me with you..."

Yifan chuckles under his breath.

"I don't understand you. You said you can't take it anymore Suho, you decided to leave me and have a divorce. My men actually speed the process, you got the papers a few days ago as proof that you are a single man again. What more do you want from me?" Yifan said as he looks elsewhere.

"I...I'm an idiot, and I know in my heart that it's not yet the right time to be with you again but please belive me when I say that I still love you, I got scared when I saw you. You're a bloody mess, I thought you'll die actually and it makes me weak to the bones, it makes me realize things."

"What things..."

"That I'm an idiot and we're wasting precious time. Your line of job is dangerous and there's a high percentage of you being killed and here I am wallowing in my so-called pain, being a selfish prick when I know deep inside that I need you. Yes, setting aside my pride, I have to admit that I need you, and I want to be with you so please take me with you Yifan." 

Yifan looks at his ex-husband and sigh.

"I have to apologize Suho, I am the wrong one here really, I speeded the process just to be able to have you. We didn't have what those lovers called as adjusting period, we really don't know each other that much before we married each other and the result it making both of us suffer."

Suho sniffed. Knowing what Yifan said is true. They take things too fast.

"We need to start from scratch again and hopefully make things fine for the sake of our children."

"Yeah..we need that."

"Let me start...Hi, I'm Wu Yifan and I like you, I really do." Yifan extended his hands which Suho gladly takes.

"Hi, I'm Suho and I think you're just my type."

Yifan chuckles under his breath adjusting his blankets as Suho smirks knowing how flustered Yifan really is..deep inside.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaebum walks inside the apartment looking for his boyfriend when he saw the open door to where Yifan currently stays, intending to greet the leader first he makes his way towards it when a sharp voice cut him off.

"And where are you going Im Jaebum?" Jinyoung asked with a raised eyebrow as Jaebum looks awkward.

"Well I heard that Kris is awake now, he has to get up and fix things first before doing anything else with Suho."

"You do know that gege nearly died right?"

"Yes..." Jaebum slowly said.

"And you do know that Suho got scared less right?"

"Yes but.."

"And you do know that they need to fix things first so that both of them could function normally right?" Jinyoung said while crossing his arms.

Jaebum sigh and look elsewhere. He knew that his lover is preventing him from barging inside and ruining the moment between ex-husband but he needs to do it otherwise all of them will be in danger. The group needs to function well before all of them can sit back and enjoy.

"I'm not dumb babe, I also want the best for them and for them to have the best, we need to be safe first. Try to understand my job, I am only doing this for all of us."

Jinyoung looks at Jaebum's face, his lover looks so stressed and overworked that all he wanted was to grab him and make him rest for an entire week. Jaebum has sacrificed his own life for the safety of the whole group.

"Hyung...after this let's get away and rest."

Jaebum looks at his lover and smiles sadly.

"I'll talk to Kris about it Jinyoung. I will go and talk to him now. I'll find you later.."

"Okay..."

Jinyoung sigh as he looks at his lover's retreating back. He knew what Suho meant when the man said that all he wanted in life is to have a normal life with Kris and their children. Living in danger can be toxic, it will eat you from the inside, it will affect your mental and physical health. Only the strongest one will survive this life.

Jaebum knocks on the door and takes a peek inside before going in. He smiles towards Kris who ushers him closer.

"News.."

"We already cornered her family and threatened her. We need to thank our small allies in Japan for their quick action." Jaebum looks at Suho who remains silent as he sat beside Kris's bed.

"Don't worry, Suho knows that I need to make plans before I take a much-needed recovery period, continue."

"The house is destroyed but our files are all safe, I planted a box that contains my very own emergency bomb, it contains a chip that connects to my main chip inside the control room. Once the danger is known, all files from the control room will be put on lock until it is transferred to my website."

"Very good." 

"The men are now camping on Heechul's territory. We need a new hideout."

"Call on Minho and ask for his help, I know that he handles the property buy and sell business along Seoul. Tell him we need a new camp that is strategically placed. I want it to be near Seoul and yet kept in a safe distance between the borders." 

"Okay, I'll leave you guys alone now. Sorry for the interruption Suho hyung." Jaebum smiled as he walks out.

Suho looks at his husband.

"You have very loyal men working with you Yifan."

"Yes, Jinyoung and Jaebum. They look up to me because for them I was the one who saves them, I am a savior in their eyes. But that's not true, I didn't save them and I just made their lives complicated by bringing them into my world. For me, they are the ones who save me. For me, they are my savior and I know deep in my heart that no matter how ty my life is they won't leave me."

Suho stayed silent as he stares intently at the taller man.

"Yifan, I want you to train me."

Kris stayed still as he looks at his pregnant husband with calculating eyes. He knows what is going on inside the smaller man's head. Knew deep in his heart that Suho is still in love with him, now that they alreay on a much more friendlier term than before comes compromises, the smaller man probably thinks he can try to understand him a little bit more once he experiences being inside his group.

"I will train you and educate you on the basic things Suho, nothing more. You can't be a member of the group as you are the mother of our children. I just think that it is best for you to learn how to defend yourself and how to act among other people who are just like me."

'I would appreciate that Yifan."

"We will do it after you give birth to the twins. Do you have any names for them yet?"

Suho smiles and shakes his head.

"I wanted you to name them,.."

"Are you sure about that babe?"

"Yes I am, no matter what or who you are, you're still a great father and you deserve naming our children." Suho softly said.

"Thank you."

After that night Yifan stayed at Suho's apartment for a week and enjoyed a rare peaceful day with his first child Xiumin who seems happy to lay beside his father the whole day. Jinyoung walks in the room as Kris sat there reading the news paper, Xiumin laid beside him playing with his toes.

"Gege, Jaebum informed me that they found a new house for us. He is currently working with our men to set up the control room and such." Jinyoung said as he moves forward holding a tray of food for Kris.

"That's good to know, I can finally go home now." 

"What about Suho hyung?"

"We patch things up slowly Jinyoung. We are friends for the sake of our children. He will stay here while I go home."

"But..you two love each other!" Jinyoung exclaimed as he prepares the taller man's food on the nearby table.

"Not everything is simple as those dramas you are watching Jinyoung."

"I still don't get it, he's still in love with you, you're freaking crazy over him and both of you are acting like children." Jinyoung whines as Kris shakes his head at the younger man.

"You do know how complicated my life is Jinyoung, I don't want to burden him anymore with my baggage."

'What if he wanted to change so that he can be with you again gege?" Jinyoung slowly said as Kris started to eat looking every now and then to the baby who is now at the center of the huge bed.

"I don't want him to change. I don't want to ruin him."

"Ugh, i give up trying to understand the two of you." 

"You do that.anyway, where is Suho?"

"He left..."

"To where?"

"To the hospital.."

"Alone?" Kris looks up with a scowl.

"He's with Sungmin hyung and Heechul hyung."
"And what is the reason?" Kris wanted to pull his hair off because he knew Jinyoung just wanted to annoy him.

"Because he's in labor and is now being cut in half to give birth to the twins. Yey! He doesn't want you to worry so he told me not to inform you."
"Aishh..that man. I said I wanted to be there when he gave birth." Kris complains as Jinyong pats his back.

"There there, he's only concern about you. Now stay here until we got the signal and we'll go there to see the twins and Suho hyung."

"I'm not happy about this Jinyoung."

"Well you need to it up gege..the wife always wins, just whatever Suho hyung wants in order for you to live your life in peace."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kris bits his lips in worry, Suho gave birth to the twins at the local hospital and as the leader of the biggest Chinese triad who is now residing in Seoul he is prohibited to go to his family, he can't be seen in public with a man and two babies as that will make Suho a well known target for his enemies.

Now he has all this extra time to wait...and this long wait is killing him.

"I'm going insane..." he mutters as he went out of his room and into the nursery where his first born Xiumin is currently sleeping, he was left alone with his son since Jinyoung went straight to the hospital as soon as Sungmin called and announced that the twins are born.

Holding those chubby fists in his hands he smiled as he saw how his son did a motion in his mouth, probably thinking that he still has his pacifier on and dreaming of sweet nothings.

"Hey my sweet Xiumin ah..you're brothers are here with us now. We're just waiting for them. Be a good older brother now okay? You have two little brothers to take care of now,..but don't you worry. You will always be baba's baby."

He turns his head as his cellphone rings signaling a message on his phone.

From: Jinyoung

Gege, we'll stay here for a couple of hours more. We are waiting for the doc's medical team to help us with Suho hyung. We will travel by night, congratulations gege, your sons are healthy and beautiful.

Kris smiled in sincere happiness as he reads the message. Looking back at Xiumin with a fond glance. 

"Of course  they will be beautiful, just like your mama..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaebum huffs under his breath as sit at the back of the car, holding one sleeping newborn in his arms, eyebrows scrunched up in a scowl as the men inside the car all laugh and chat with happiness.

"Stop looking like Im.." Sungmin teases as he held another baby in his arms. Suho was given the larger space at the farthest back side of the car with Jinyoung.

"Let him be Sungmin hyung, he's just not used to babies.." Jinyoung chuckles under his breath.

Jaebum looks back at his lover with a pout.

"You try going here and be still with a freaking baby in your arms.." Jaebum mutters.

"I can do that, only big scary mafia men like you tends to go crazy holding a baby," Jinyoung said as he shakes his head. Suho still sleeping like a log after the c-section.

"Hyung, you probably can't hear me but, I want to say congrats. You're one of the strongest people I know, you have three babies now I am getting really jealous." Jinyoung said loudly as Sungmin coughs while looking pointedly at Jaebum who is getting uneasy on his seat.

"Quiet...we don't need crying babies in here.." Jaebum said awkwardly as Sungmin laughs at him.

"My gosh, Jae..he's already telling you to make one with him and here you are resisting the offer? Wow, I now officially admire you I'm Jaebum."

"I..I don't think I'm great with babies so, I don't know."

"I want one..wait I want lots of babies..as many as we can," Jinyoung announces to the group as Jaebum turns to scowl at his lover as if telling him to shut up.

"We'll make many babies alright...if that's what you want." Jaebum tries to scare the younger man which was proven useless as Jinyoung clasp his hands in excitement.

"That's all settled then, put a baby in me as soon as we turn in for the night babe. I'll be waiting.."

Jaebum sigh as he tolerates his lover's weirdness when the baby in his arms make a fuss and opens his eyes. The baby stares at Jaebum, not actually seeing him but his eyes are turned towards him which makes Jaebum sit still.

"Guys he's looking at me.."

"So?.."

"I mean..what should I do?"

"Breath.."

".."

"Calm down it's just a baby.."

"It's moving!" Jaebum gasp as he feels the little body move within its blanket.

"Of course it will move. It's alive.."

"What should I do..wait.."

The baby stares ahead and closes his eyes, A dimple was seen as the baby smiled in contentment at his warm cocoon. Jaebum stares at him in amazement, at a loss for words at how beautiful the baby looks.

"Hey, Jaebum still alive there?" Jinyoung asks in the back as Sungmin laugh.

"Yeah, he's just overwhelmed. They are beautiful, right? You want to make some too right?"

Jaebum nods his head.

"Yes, babies are beautiful."

They arrived safely at the apartment and is greeted by Kris who has Xiumin wrap around him in a baby carrier. The tall man search for his lover immediately, seeing Suho passed out made him worry.

"Gege, we need to carry him up via stretcher, you go up now. We need to make sure no one sees you here." Jinyoung said as Sungmin looks around the area, a light was signaled a few meters away from them indicating that all is clear. They have their men at the perimeter and all movements are heavily guarded.

Kris nods his head as Sungmin and Jaebum follow Kris inside. The tall man taking peeks at the babies every now and then. 

"Do you want to hold them, Kris?" Sungmin asks as Kris shakes his head.

"Later, when we get inside the apartment."

"Hello, Xiumin.Kyuhyun misses you, baby, he threw tantrums every day ever since you and mama live here." Sungmin said to the smiling baby who is giggling happily.

They walk silently when they get inside Sungmin and Jaebum immediately laid down the twins on the nursery bed where Kris stares at them in wonder.

"They look so beautiful, what's their name? Did Suho tell you guys?"

"No.."

They heard the commotion as Jinyoung helps their men carry Suho inside using the stretcher.

"Okay, we got it from here. Thank you, wait for a second Jaebum might have something to tell you."

Kris walks out went straight to Suho who is now slowly gaining consciousness.

"HHmmm.Kris?" He whispers as the taller man leans closer.

"I am here.."

"The babies.."

"They are here,..don't worry nothing will harm them. I will keep you safe."

"I know you will.I know.." Suho closes his eyes again and lets sleep take over. Kris carries him inside his room and lay him gently on the bed.

"Gege.Suho hyung said he wants you to name the twins.."

"Who is the first born? The one on the red blanket?"

"Yes, hyung..."

"His name will be Luhan, he has an alert and serious disposition and yet he has the warmest laugh. He will be great. The younger one has a gentle air around him, I will call him Yixing"

"Great name you got there gege.."

Kris smiled at the younger man as he kisses Suho's forehead.

"Thank you, love, for giving me sons, for being here with me, and for loving me in spite of all the s that come with me. I love you."

 

TBC^^