Ch.25 Torn

After the divorce (Krisho)

Kris looks at his husband, clearly nervous about what the smaller man will say. Will he leave him after all this , Kris has a neutral expression on his face, a practice he always did due to his status as the Chinese Triad Boss but he's starting to feel wrecked inside, what if Suho says that he's done with him, that he doesn't want to be with him anymore, what will he do.

"Ehem,.." Suho clears his throat and looks awkwardly towards the taller man.

"Yifan..why did you go on with this. Tell me what you think so that I might understand. Because no matter how I tried I really cant understand the point of her being here. I mean don't get me wrong she seems nice and all but to have her as a lover even in name only..how can you do this. How can you shame me like this."

Kris closes his eyes and sigh.

"Junmyeon I do love you, but I am  a mafia boss. I am a boss even before I met you and to change ways just for you will bring far greater shame to me. I need to act..no I need to be strong so that I can protect you.This is how things are in the underground scene, a person can be a gift and can be seen as a tie between two groups. I can't not accept her for refusing means starting a war. I really hoped that you did some research about this."

"Yifan..stop being selfish and think about me too. You said you love me but you are hurting me!!" Suho said as tears fell down his face.

"Suho, I wanted to say this to you in a nice way and cuddle you and say sorry just to make everything all right but all this whining is starting to irritate me. Grow up..I need you to toughen up I need you to be strong because being strong is the only way to be with me..that is the only way for you so stay by my side and if you can't then we're going nowhere. I can only do so much babe..I got my hands full with the business and of making sure you and our kids are safe. Think about it.." Yifan coldly said as he walks out of their bedroom slamming the door shut not knowing how he badly broke his husband's heart.

"But I can't. I just want to build a home with you and Minnie and our babies. I don't want this..."

Suho falls down on his knees, crying his heart out as he felt all the pain this world could bring.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Getting drunk won't solve your problem, Kris.." Heechul said as he accompanied his friend at the Mansion's bar.

"Yeah, but it'll help numb my feelings.I hate being weak."

"But being in love makes us weak and you just have to accept it." Heechul delicately said as he drinks his whiskey.

"I cant afford to be weak, there are lives at stake here and the triad comes first. This is who I am why cant he just accepts that..." Kris said gripping the glass none too gently as Heechul just looks on.

"You need to let off the steam...how about we go there..you know."

Kris lifted an eyebrow and consider the suggestion, it has been a long time since he went there.

"Come on..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sungmin barges inside the room, looking around until he finds Suho sitting on the floor and silently crying.

"Oh ...Junmyeon. Stop it already. You're gonna hurt yourself more by crying nonstop baby. Come here..." Sungmin lifted him up by the shoulders and make him sit on the bed, offering a handkerchief which the man ignores.

"I know it hurts baby but you need to calm down. I don't want you to destroy yourself, you have Xiumin to take care of and think of those two angels in this tummy right?" Sungmin tries so hard to console the man and patiently waits for him to calm down.

"Kris is a ..."

"Yes, he is..he broke my heart Sungmin.I don't want to hate him..but I'm hurt." Suho said as he tries to calm himself. 

"He is a mafia boss Suho..."

"I know..it's just. Is it bad for me to want to have a simple life for us?" Suho looks at his friend who is smiling at him.

"That's a fine dream you have there Suho. I said it's a dream because it's impossible to become real. Everyone in Kris's family has been in the triad, he is basically the triad royalty and for you to think that such a man will give it all up and do what you wish....baby Kris will die if he turns his back towards the triad. You do know that right?" Sungmin quietly asked as Suho bitterly smiled.

"But Heechul did it once right,..he did it for you."

"Yes, he did and look where we are now. Once a mafia man always a mafia man, you can't just quit that life and say so long ers. This life will haunt us forever and there's nothing for us to do but to be flexible, accept the changes and try our hardest to survive."

Suho bows down his head as he processes what his friend said.

"But I don't want this life.I don't want my kids to grow up with blood in their hands and with lovers being given as mere possesions. I want out.." Suho tearfully said.

"Even if leaving Kris behind.."

"Yes...for my children's sake."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kris punches his sparring partner who spews out blood as he knocks him up with an upper cut. Shouts and bets are being thrown on both sides as the match ended. Leaving the stage as the victor makes him smile, it has been a long time since he fought here at the underground boxing match and the adrenaline rush was very much welcome. 

He relishes the physical pain instead of the emotional one caused by his husband.

Heechul cheerfully clapped a hand on his back as he went backstage to change.

"You better get yourself ready cause Sungmin just called me and said that Suho wanted out..."

Kris stopped walking and freeze as he heard those words.

"Go on and change, I'll be right here to guard the door. Come on..the sooner you both get this over with the better. You knew one of this day he will call it quits right. Sorry man..my best friend has been very understanding with all our s but this time he snapped."

Kris swallows as he bitterly smiled at Heechul.

"I really thought that he will never give up you know. I thought our love was enough for him to stay."

"As the song said sometimes love ain't enough. I will wait for you." Heechul gently nudges him towards the room and heave a deep breath. Suho is his best friend but he also understand Kris, they have the same fate and he pities the man. Sungmin has many imperfections but the smaller man loves him enough to stay by his side.

Kris walks inside the room and sits on the chair, bowing his head as he lets the privacy of the room embrace his breaking heart. For the first time since his grand mother's death, he lets himself cry.

 

TBC^^