Chapter Thirty Seven

He Wouldn't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Jin had taken Jungkook’s advice and gone for the white and black shirt with the dark denim jacket. And even though he’d told the younger man that he wasn’t dressing up for anyone else’s benefit it had still been nice to hear Yoongi say ‘you look good’. 

But other than complimenting his clothing choice and putting in their order for food Yoongi hadn’t said a lot. He’d been unusually quiet since leaving the dorm and at first Jin had thought he’d said or done something to upset him. When he’d voiced this though Yoongi had been quick to tell him that he hadn’t. In fact he’d seemed startled by the suggestion and had immediately apologised, telling Jin that he’d never meant to make him feel that way and that he was just tired.

And Jin had apologised himself for jumping to conclusions. Of course Yoongi was tired. He’d had a lot to worry about lately with Jungkook’s pregnancy and how it was affecting the group. Not only had he been there for him when he’d been struggling to keep a smile on his face in front of Jungkook, he’d been there to listen to Namjoon and Taehyung and everyone else too. Yoongi was such an introverted person that that had to have been exhausting for him.

He’d thought about telling him then and there that they didn’t have to have dinner out, they could go back to the dorm or the studio and order food in if he wanted to. But they’d already sat down and that would mean cancelling their order with the restaurant. And once the food was there and Yoongi had something to do with his hands, something to focus on, he’d seemed to brighten up. And as they’d eaten he’d gotten chattier and chattier. They’d now moved on to their second serving of meat and Yoongi was telling him stories about his first meeting with Namjoon. They were stories Jin had heard before but Yoongi seemed so animated and cheerful that he was happy to listen.

“This is nice.” He said once Yoongi had finished his story. “We should do this more often.”

“You think so?” Yoongi asked, looking less happy now and more thoughtful.

“I do.” Jin told him, wondering why Yoongi seemed so surprised by the comment. “I like spending time with you outside of work.”

“I like spending time with you too.” Yoongi agreed, expression still serious.

“There you go then…” Jin said, keeping his tone bright but confused by the sudden change in atmosphere, “…. I like spending time with you, you like spending time with me. We should do it again. Maybe we could go fishing next time. We haven’t done that in a while. Or we could go see a movie, that might be fun.”

“Yeah, yeah you’re right. That might be fun.” Yoongi said with a smile. A smile that seemed a little forced to Jin, maybe Yoongi wasn’t enjoying spending his free time with him after all. Not that Jin could blame him. They’d seen so much of each other lately that he was probably sick of the sight of him. But before he could say anything about it and tell Yoongi that was okay, they didn’t have to do anything else together if he didn’t want to, Yoongi was asking if he wanted another drink and he nodded, handing him his glass. Maybe he was reading too much into it. Maybe Yoongi really was just tired. There was no point bringing it up he decided, whatever the reason for Yoongi’s behaviour, mentioning it would only make things more awkward. He should just enjoy the rest of their meal and the opportunity to be out of the dorm while he could. 

~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~

By the time they were finished eating it seemed Yoongi had gotten over that moment of seriousness. He seemed brighter and happier and a lot more talkative. They’d discussed movies and music and their families and half a dozen other things. And not once had Yoongi brought up Jungkook, Taehyung or the baby and for that Jin was thankful. It had been nice not to have to worry about them for while. But now their meal had been paid for and they were about to leave which meant they’d soon be back at the dorm and it would be back to reality. Jin couldn’t help feeling a little disappointed by that. And apparently that disappointment was showing because as he took his phone from his pocket, intending to call their manager so he could come and pick them up as agreed, Yoongi responded by reaching across the table and grabbing his wrist.

Jin didn’t know how to react to this at first and simply froze, eyebrows rising as he directed a quizzical look at his friend. 

“Let’s walk.” Yoongi said in answer to his unasked question. 

“Walk?” Jin echoed, more confused not less.

“Yes, walk.” Yoongi repeated earnestly. “I don’t want to go home yet, do you? If we walk we don’t have to go straight back. And the dorm isn’t far, it’s twenty minutes away at most.”

The dorm really wasn’t that far and walking home did sound nice. But it wasn’t necessarily a good idea. They’d been under more media attention than usual lately and everyone was trying their best not to draw too much attention to themselves.  “We can’t just walk back on our own, not without letting people know.”

“Yes we can.” Yoongi insisted. “We’re adults. We can make our own decisions.”

“But someone is supposed to come and pick us up. That’s the plan.” Jin reminded him. “Management will be waiting on a call.”

“We’ll call them when we get back to the dorm.” Yoongi assured him. “And if you think about it we’ll be doing them a favour. Why should anyone have to waste their evening, why should they have to drive us back home, when we can easily walk back ourselves?”

Jin was sure none of their managers would view them walking home themselves as them doing them a favour. In fact he was positive that if they knew what Yoongi was suggesting they’d be horrified. But the more he thought about it the better walking home sounded. He’d enjoyed chatting and laughing and joking with Yoongi as if they were any other pair of friends unwinding at the weekend. As soon as they called their manager then that would be over. It would be back to being Jin of BTS and he wasn’t ready for that. He wanted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter