Chapter Twenty

He Wouldn't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook was standing in front of the mirror in his bedroom, his shirt pulled up and a frown on his face. Taehyung was right he thought with a sigh. He hadn’t felt sick in days and his appetite was back with a vengeance. If he kept eating the way he had been then he was going to put on weight. And he knew that was inevitable, whether he kept eating as he had been or not, people put on weight when they were pregnant, of course they did. He wasn’t stupid, he knew that. It was just he hadn’t really thought about that part, not yet. He’d been so focussed on what people’s reactions would be, on the fact he was going to have a baby and what that would mean for his career and his future that he hadn’t stopped to think about the being pregnant part. He hadn’t thought about the changes his body was going to go through. 

Still holding his shirt up he turned side on to the mirror and studied his reflection more closely. His stomach was looking a little round he thought with a frown and he in a breath and straightened up. His improved posture did little to hide how distended his stomach was and he gave up, breathing out with a huff. Okay, so they’d ordered enough food to feed at least a dozen people and he’d eaten more than his fair share so that wasn’t a big surprise. But while he was sure his current appearance was due to the mountain of food he’d eaten rather than anything else there was still a baby in there he thought, pressing the palm of his hand flat against his stomach. And it wouldn’t be long before the slight belly he was sporting became a more permanent thing. It wouldn’t be long until he started showing and that scared him. 

When was he going to start showing? Would it be a gradual thing or was he just going to wake up one day with a bump? And just how big was he going to get? He’d been a big baby, something that was evident in the pictures he’d seen of his mother when she was pregnant with him. She’d looked huge. What if his baby took after him? What if he ended up with a baby bump so big he couldn’t even get out of a chair without help? How embarrassing would that be?

And the baby weight… everyone gained baby weight when they were pregnant. His cheeks were already looking fuller and if he kept eating like he was he was it was only going to get worse. If he wasn’t careful he was going to end up putting on more weight than he needed to. And then before going back to work he’d need to lose it. But what if he couldn’t? What if he stayed chubby forever? Would they let him back into BTS if he did? He doubted it. Chubby idols didn’t sell. No one wanted them as a face for their brand. But then did single parent idols sell either? He doubted it. Big brands wanted good role models selling their products, especially when it came to the demographic idol groups targeted. But then he  probably wouldn’t have any fans at that point anyway so his weight wasn’t going to matter, never mind what the advertisers thought of his moral conduct. And even if he did all he could to fix it, if he got back in the gym and got his body back to how it had been before he’d found out he was pregnant that wouldn’t matter either. People were still going to judge him he thought with a sigh, hand still pressed to his stomach.

And then someone was knocking at the door and Jungkook was pulling his hand away from his stomach as if it had been burned and pulling his shirt down hastily with the other. “Come in.” He called, voice a little shaky and he turned away from the mirror.

And the door swung open to reveal a concerned looking Jimin. “Are you okay?” He asked as he came into the room, “Taehyung didn’t mean what he said. You know what he’s like, he speaks without thinking sometimes.

“I know.” Jungkook told him. He really did, out of everyone Taehyung was the one who was most likely to say something that would accidentally offend someone. “I’m okay.” He continued. “I didn’t come in here to hide. I was just tired, that’s all.” The last thing he wanted was for Jimin and Taehyung to start arguing because of him. Once they found out about the baby things were going to be awkward enough as it was without that adding to it.

“You seemed kind of upset, at the table,” Jimin said, not giving up. “You didn’t say anything but I could see it on your face. I know you Jungkook.” He reminded him.

“I wasn’t upset.” Jungkook argued as he stepped away from the mirror and took a seat on the edge of his gaming chair. Jimin, taking that as an invitation pulled a bean bag over and took a seat next to him. “It just made me think that’s all.” He added once he had Jimin’s attention again. “And he’s right. I’m not going to be back at dance practice anytime soon, I won’t be back in the gym either, so I need to be more careful, if I don’t want to put on too much weight then I need to watch what I’m eating. I can’t just eat what I want when I want, not without suffering the consequences.”

Jimin shook his head. He looked like he couldn’t quite believe what he was hearing. “Jungkook, you need to focus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter