Chapter Thirty One

He Wouldn't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Spending time with Hoseok and Taehyung was something Jimin always enjoyed so when they’d asked if he wanted to go shopping with them he’d immediately agreed. And it was rare that they had the opportunity to spend time together doing something that wasn’t work related so taking advantage of any downtime they had made sense. He was sure it wouldn’t be long before the whole Jungkook thing started to settle down a little and then they’d all be ridiculously busy again so if he’d gone with ‘maybe another time’ who knew when that might be?

But as happy as he was to be spending the day with two of his best friends there had still been a part of him that hadn’t wanted to go. Because when Taehyung had invited Jungkook along too he had gone with ‘maybe another time’. He’d thanked Taehyung for asking but had said he was tired and he’d rather stay at home and catch up on the drama he’d recently started watching. And while this sounded like a perfectly reasonable excuse not to go with them Jimin wasn’t buying it. Tired or not Jungkook would ordinarily jump at the chance to get out of the dorm. He wasn’t the type of person to choose sitting in front of the TV over actually doing something, even if that something was only shopping. So Jimin was sure his decision to stay home was based on the fact that people knew he was pregnant now and not on how tiring the trip might be. He was probably worried he’d be recognised and that if that happened then the people who recognised him would have something to say about his situation. Jimin understood that worry and knew it was a legitimate one. Most of the time when they were recognised outside of work people were nothing but polite but every now and then they would bump into someone who didn’t respect their boundaries or their personal space, someone who thought that because they were in the public eye they were public property. And whether that person was criticising or praising them that kind of attention could be scary, Jungkook didn’t need that right now, not when he was already feeling so vulnerable. And Jimin hated it. He hated that Jungkook had to worry about dealing with everyone else’s opinions of him every time he left the house. It wasn’t fair.  And it didn’t feel right leaving Jungkook home alone because of it. Why should he be out enjoying himself when Jungkook couldn’t do the same?

And even if that wasn’t the reason, even if Jungkook didn’t have to worry about any of that stuff and really was just staying home because he was tired… well Jimin wouldn’t have liked leaving him anyway. He knew Namjoon and Yoongi were both planning to spend most of the day working on music so they wouldn’t be home and Jin had made plans to go out and eat with his parents. What if after they all left Jungkook started to feel sick again? His morning sickness wasn’t bothering him as much now  as it had been but it sometimes still snuck up on him. So what if it did while they were all out? Okay there would probably be a manager around somewhere, there usually was but Jungkook wasn’t going to go knocking on their door. Someone he felt more comfortable whining to needed to be there so they could rub his back or bring him water or encourage him to eat something to settle his stomach. And even if he was fine, even if the morning sickness didn’t make an appearance, well with no one around he’d soon get bored of his drama and then he’d only end up brooding. Even if he didn’t want to admit it Jimin knew that Jungkook had been worrying a lot about the future and what was going to hold for him once the baby arrived. Someone needed to be there in case those worries started to get to him and he needed someone to talk to.

So when Hoseok and Taehyung had decided to take a break from shopping and get something to eat Jimin had told them he was done for the day and was going to head home.

“Jungkook’s fine you know.” Taheyung had told him, knowing exactly what was going on. “I only messaged him half an hour ago. And when I did he told me he’d already eaten and was going to go play some games.”

“I know.” Jimin had told him. Taehyung had said as much at the time. “I’m just tired, that’s all.”

“You’re just worried about him.” Hoseok had amended for him. “But go on, go home if it’ll make you feel better. We’ll bring you both back something to eat when we’re done so you don’t miss out.”

And seeing no point in arguing when both Hoseok and Taehyung could clearly see right through him Jimin had thanked them and headed back to the dorm.

So that’s where he was now. He’d just closed their front door behind him and he was untying his laces. And as he finished taking off his boots and then started onhis jacket he noticed how quiet it was. There was no sound coming from the TV in the sitting room and no clattering coming from the kitchen. But then Jin had probably left already to meet his parents and Taehyung had told him Jungkook’s plan was to play games he reminded himself. That’s why it was so quiet, Jin was out and Jungkook would be in his room.

Well if that’s where the younger was then that was where Jimin was headed. Jacket now hung up he picked up the only shopping bag he’d come back with and started towards Jungkook’s room.

And when he made it to his door he knocked. There was no answer. He knocked again, this time calling Jungkook’s name. And again there was no answer.  Confused and a little worried Jimin carefully opened the door. If he was busy or sleeping he didn’t want to disturb him but what if there was something wrong? He needed to check.

Only when he opened the door there was no Jungkook, sleeping or otherwise. The room was empty, his computer switched off.

Jimin frowned. Taehyung had said that’s where he would be, he hadn’t mentioned anything about him leaving the dorm. But maybe he had. Maybe, sick of being stuck indoors he’d gone out to get some fresh air. Or maybe, when he’d realised he would be leaving him on his own Jin had invited him to join his family for dinner. That sounded like something he would do. Yeah, that made sense. That was probably what had happened Jimin told himself, backing out of Jungkook’s room and feeling a little disappointed. The box in the bag in his hand wasn’t for him it was for Jungkook and he’d been looking forward to giving it to him. But he supposed he’d just have to wait until later.

So feeling a little dejected Jimin started for his own room. Maybe he’d call his parents, he hadn’t spoken to them in a while and they always liked to hear from him.

Or maybe not. Because as he opened the door to his own room the mystery of where Jungkook might have gone was solved. He was home and he was asleep. It’s just he happened to be asleep in Jimin’s room and not his own. He was lying on his side on Jimin's bed,  one hand resting on the pillow by his face, his other hand  slipped into the pocket of the hooded sweatshirt he was wearing.

Jimin ever so quietly shut the door behind him and made his way across the room to stand by the bed. Jungkook looked so young when he was sleeping he decided, a hand automatically going to smooth down his hair. He looked totally at peace, no crease between his eyebrows, no frown marring his face. Looking at him now you’d never guess how much worrying he’d been doing about the future lately. It was a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter