Chapter Twenty Seven

He Wouldn't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook was hungry. He was also too lazy to do anything about it. It was a dilemma.

After waking up at around half past seven that morning he’d decided that since he hadn’t been sleeping that well lately there would be no harm in going back to sleep for a bit. A bit had turned into him spending most of the morning drifting in and out of consciousness. Then he’d looked at his phone and realised it was closer to lunch time than it was to breakfast and he’d done literally nothing with most of his day. This might not have been enough to get him out of bed on its own but he’d also realised he really needed to pee so he’d shrugged on a t-shirt and shuffled his way to the bathroom. Then deciding boxers and a t-shirt probably didn’t count as actual clothes he’d made his way back to his room intending to get dressed.

He'd  got as far as pulling on a pair of jogging bottoms before giving up and collapsing into his gaming chair. He’d slept for the longest he had in a long while and for some reason he felt worse for it. He just couldn’t make himself wake up. His felt sluggish and lethargic and really wanted to go back to sleep. The only thing stopping him was his stomach which was gurgling and demanding to be filled. Something he knew he should do something about before he passed hungry and hit nauseous but something he couldn’t bring himself to rectify because making himself food would mean moving and moving sounded like far too much effort.

Maybe he should just message Jin he thought, his eyes flicking to the phone on his computer desk. Jin would bring him food if he asked him to.

But no, that was beyond lazy . As much as he was sure Jin wouldn’t mind he needed to stop acting like a child and expecting people to do things for him. He’d have a baby to look after soon,  he needed to get used to doing things for himself. He couldn’t expect to be babied when he had a baby, that would be ridiculous. So with a sigh he spun his chair around to face the door and prepared to get up.

Before he could get to his feet though there was a knock at his bedroom door.

That was probably Jin now he thought with a sigh. He was probably coming to check if he was still alive since he’d yet to emerge from his room. “Come in.” he called, intending to tell him was okay and then insist he could feed himself. Jin had done so much for him lately and as he’d already decided he needed to wean himself away from that. He needed to get used to looking after himself again before the baby got there.

Only when the door swung open it wasn’t Jin on the other side, it was Taehyung.

“Hi.” He found himself saying, completely thrown. He and Taehyung had been talking again but things were still awkward. He hadn’t expected him to actually come and seek him out.

“Hi.” Taehyung said almost shyly, stepping into the room and pulling the door closed behind him.

And then there was silence.

“Do you want something?” Jungkook asked at last. The tension in the room was making him want to squirm.

“No.” Taehyung told him. “No, I don’t want anything. I just… well I thought I should come check on you.” He explained. “And I brought you this.” He added, holding up a paper bag. “If you want it, you’re not feeling sick are you? Is that why you haven’t come out for breakfast? Is it because you’re not hungry?”

“I don’t feel sick.” Jungkook told him, eyes latching onto the back, his stomach gurgling again. “I was thinking of getting up to find some food when you knocked on the door.” He could smell it now, whatever was in the bag. He didn’t know what it was he was smelling, just that it smelled good and he wanted it. He resisted the urge to get up and make a grab for it. Taehyung had already said it was for him, he’d give it to him soon enough. And anyway, grabbing was rude.

And sure enough Taehyung was walking forward. “Then here,” he said, holding the bag out tentatively.

Jungkook took the bag and carefully opened it. He thought he’d worked out what the smell was but he didn’t want to get his hopes up. Last

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter