Chapter Twenty Two

He Wouldn't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So he’d embarrassed himself in front of Yoongi for a second time by crying all over him. It was something he seemed to be making a habit of it and wasn’t okay, it was embarrassing. But Yoongi hadn’t seemed to mind. He’d just let him cry then told him he really needed to tell Taehyung before their meeting with management at the end of the week. If he was going to find out he was going to be a father it should be from Jungkook and not from the staff.

And Yoongi was right. Jungkook knew he was. If he let someone else tell Taehyung then Taehyung was going to feel betrayed. He didn’t want that. He was scared though, that was the problem. He didn’t know what Taehyung’s reaction was going to be and that was putting him on edge. It was making him nervous.

But nervous or not he needed to get it together. By Friday the rest of the group was going to know too so he needed to tell him before then.

~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

 

He could do this. He could tell him. He’d told the company, he’d told his parents, telling Taehyung should be easy. Before anything else Taehyung was his friend, that meant that even if he was angry with him he’d have to forgive him eventually. Right? Friends had to forgive friends. Those were the rules.  Or at least that’s what Jungkook was trying to tell himself. He wasn’t having much luck in making himself listen. As it was he was standing outside Taehyung’s door, palms sweaty and heart racing feeling like he was going to throw up. Or was that morning sickness? Maybe he should wait, until he no longer felt so queasy. Then he’d be able to think better.

But no, he needed to it up and just do it he thought, being firm with himself. It was nerves and the longer he stood there the worse he was going to feel.

He knocked on the door.

There was no answer.

No. No, no, no. He’d spent the last fifteen minutes pacing up and down his room trying to work up the courage to come talk to him. He couldn’t be out. He had to be there. Maybe he was… maybe he just hadn’t heard him.

Hoping he was right Jungkook skipped knocking and opened the door.

And he sighed a sigh of relief when he realised the room wasn’t empty.

A sigh of relief that came to soon.

“You’re not Taehyung.” He said, heart dropping.

“I’m not.” Hoseok agreed.

Hoseok didn’t look all that happy to see him Jungkook realised. He didn’t look unhappy either. He looked thoughtful. He was staring at him as if he was trying to work something out, as if he wanted to ask him something but didn’t quite know how to word the question. It was making Jungkook feel a little uncomfortable. Why was he staring at him as if he was the one out of place? If anything he should be staring at Hoseok that way. This wasn’t his room so why was he sitting at Taehyung’s desk in front of his laptop when Taehyung wasn’t even there? “Have you seen him?” Jungkook asked. “Taehyung Hyung I mean…” he added when Hoseok failed to answer right away. “I need to talk to him about something.”

“Something important?” Hoseok asked.

“Yeah, I guess…” Jungkook told him, feeling more and more on edge. Hoseok had such a solemn expression on his face. It was disconcerting.

“Well when I came in to look for my headphones he was here,” Hoseok told him, “he was sitting where I am now, looking at his laptop. And then the next thing I knew he was gone. He didn’t say a word, he just upped and left. So thinking that was weird I decided to look at what he’d just been looking at. And it was this.”

Hoseok had spun the laptop round so he could see too but Jungkook didn’t want to look. From the way Hoseok had been looking at him since he’d walked in the room he had an idea of what it might be but he didn’t want to know for sure. He didn’t want to be right. He took a step backwards,

“Is it true?” Hoseok was asking him, as he stood up and stepped away from the desk.

“I… I don’t… is what true?” Jungkook croaked, throat dry.

“What it says there.” Hoseok said, gesturing at the laptop.

And knowing that running away wasn’t going to h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter