Chapter Twenty One

He Wouldn't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Now Yoongi had been thinking. And what Yoongi had been thinking was that when Jungkook had told management that he didn’t know who the father of his baby was he’d been talking a load of crap.

He’d shared these thoughts with Jin but like some kind of naive parent Jin was happy to believe Jungkook and he’d told him not to push it, the younger man had enough on his plate as it was. But Yoongi just didn’t buy it. He remembered the conversation he’d had with Jungkook when he’d first found out he was pregnant . He remembered Jungkook’s stuttered ‘but we were just messing around.’ Not ‘I’ but ‘we’. And there’d been such guilt in his eyes too. Yoongi had known then and there that Jungkook knew who the father was. He just hadn’t thought it was the best time to ask, he’d been so upset. And in the days afterwards he’d had the company and his parents to worry about, he hadn’t wanted to stress him out anymore than was necessary.

But he couldn’t leave it any longer. They couldn’t keep Jungkook’s pregnancy a secret forever, the news was going to get out sooner or later and Big Hit would rather it came from them than from anyone else.  So they’d picked a date to tell the rest of the group and a date on which they were going to release a statement to the press. And neither of those were too far away. And lying to management, pretending the baby didn’t have a father when it did was one thing but lying to their members and lying to their fans was another thing entirely. No one liked to be lied to. People were going to get hurt. .

And while that was the main reason he needed to talk to Jungkook there was something else Yoongi had been thinking about too. He’d been thinking about why Jungkook had lied in the first place. He might not have wanted to tell Big Hit but he'd had plenty of oppurtunity to tell Jin. Why hadn't he? Why didn't he want people to know?

Was the baby’s father a bad person? Did he want to keep him far away from the baby because he thought he'd be a bad father? Probably not he decided. If he was an awful person then surely Jungkook would have told management. And if not them then he’d have told Jin. He’d have asked for help.

So if he wasn't a bad person and he still didn't want other people to know who he was then there must be some other reason.

Was it someone who was already in a relationship? Maybe. If the baby’s father already had a boyfriend or a girlfriend then maybe Jungkook thought it was best not to tell them. He didn't want to cause unneccessary drama.

But no… no that didn’t sound like Jungkook. Yoongi couldn’t imagine him getting involved with someone who already had a partner. He had far too strong a moral compass for that.

So the baby’s father wasn’t a bad person, he wasn’t in a relationship with someone else but he probably wasn’t in a relationship with Jungkook either or at least it hadn’t been a serious one at the time. Not from the way Jungkook had said ‘messing around’.

So after narrowing things down that left… well a friend. It must be a friend. Someone he cared about enough to not want to get them into trouble. Or maybe it was someone they all knew and he thought that would make things awkward.

Maybe it was both.

But it was a friend, if it was someone they knew… someone Jungkook didn’t want to get in trouble…

Oh no. No. It couldn’t be. He wouldn’t be that stupid.

But then Yoongi hadn’t thought he’d be careless enough to get pregnant either so anything was possible.

He needed to talk to him. And he needed to do it soon. If the baby’s father was who he thought it was then things were about to get so much more complicated.

 

~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

Hoping against hope that he wasn’t right Yoongi knocked on Jungkook’s door and waited.

It didn’t take long for the door to swing open and for a confused looking Jungkook to step back to let him inside.

“So…” Yoongi said, not knowing where to start.

“So…” Jungkook echoed, closing the door behind them and following Yoongi further into the room. He still looked confused and Yoongi didn’t blame him. He didn’t often knock on their maknae’s door.

“So… I know you lied to management.” He said, deciding to get straight to the point, “… and I get it. They’re probably going to flip when they find out the truth. But you can’t keep it from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter