Chapter Sixteen

He Wouldn't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They’d been up at the crack of dawn and had been working all day, being dragged from radio station to broadcasting station to interview without a break and now they were back at the dorm, it was approaching 2am and Jungkook should really be heading to bed. He might not have been worked as hard as the rest of the members but he was exhausted, he should be asleep. But he wasn’t.

It might be after midnight butno one else was asleep either. Jungkook could hear Jin clattering around in the kitchen, making food for an irritable Yoongi who’d grumbled and groaned all the way home in the van about the fact they hadn’t had a proper meal all day. He could hear the shower running and Namjoon singing. He could hear the ‘rat tat tat’ of computer game gunfire coming from Hoseok’s room down the hall. The dorm was noisy and full of life and After the deafening quiet and tangible disappointment in the air at his parents house he needed that. He needed the noise and the bustle. He’d missed it.

And it wasn’t just the noise he’d missed, he’d missed the people too, Taehyung and Jimin especially. He was close to the rest of the members too but Jimin and Tae were two of his closest friends, two of the people he felt most comfortable around. 

They had a schedule free day tomorrow too, so they could rest before the manic rush that would be their last week of promotions and Jimin and Taehyung had decided that watching a movie and falling asleep in the living room together sounded like fun. It was something they hadn’t been able to do in a while and Jungkook had the sinking feeling that after the news of his pregnancy got out it might be something they’d never get to do again. He was sure Jimin would never see him the same way and as for Taehyung… well he definitely wasn’t going to be his biggest fan. So while Jungkook could easily have gone to bed and stayed there until their manager dragged them along to their next schedule he’d forced himself to stay up. He’d brought his bedding from his room and made himself a cocoon in the middle the sofa and was now watching Jimin and Taehyung who were sitting in front of him on the floor and arguing over the tv remote .

“We are not putting on a horror movie before we go to sleep.” Jimin was saying as he tried to wrestle the remote from Taehyung’s grip.

But Taehyung was having none of it. “You said you didn’t care what we watched.”he reminded him, yanking the remote back towards him, Jimin’s arm coming with it.

“That was before you decided to choose something stupid.” Jimin countered, not letting go.

He should probably step in Jungkook thought. He was half asleep and couldn’t really be bothered but if he didn’t they were liable to keep bickering all night. “Can’t we just watch something we all like?” 

“Like what?” Taehyung asked, and using the distraction he plucked the remote from Jimin’s grip and slid away from him, holding it behind his back.

“I don’t know…” Jungkook mumbled, ignoring Taehyung’s antics as he tried not to yawn. If he did Jimin would only tell him to go to bed. He’d been fussing more than Jin since he’d come back from his parents and he hadn’t thought fussing more than Jin was possible. “… like Iron Man or something.” He shrugged.

“That’s something you like.” Taehyung po

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter