Chapter 3 - The wife

Learn to love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jiyong’s POV

 

I watch the people with bright faces plastered on their faces, waving us goodbye and sending congratulatory messages as the limousine moves his way out of the venue. I close my eyes trying to remember how my life turns out this way.

 

--

Flashback

 

“You can’t do this to me Dad!”

 

I yelled but he never listens. For how many times, he wanted to run my life again and again like it’s his. He’s my father by papers but never became one; he’s treating me like an employee that needs to do every little thing he wanted me to do. He smirks at me and look at me with disgust, the favourite expression he never fails to show me.

 

“I can Jiyong. Inside this house, no one can break my rules! What I said is what needs to be done. You’re just my son and I can order you whatever I want you to do”

“This is so unfair! How can I even marry someone I don’t even know? I am no longer a child and I can do what I want! I can decide whom to marry and I can live my life according to my own will!”

 

I said and he gave me a sarcastic laugh.

 

“Who are you to decide?”

“Dad-”

 

I was about to refuse further on his order when someone holds my hand to stop me, my Mom. She looks so weak and she’s crying. I can’t stand seeing her this way. To me she is the only person that keeps me sane, she’s my life and the most precious person in my life. She’s been hurt enough by Dad and I don’t want to continuously hurt her. I always want us to leave but she doesn’t want to, telling me how Dad can take away everything from me, even my career.

 

“I know how hard it is Jiyong but please- Just this one, please do it”

 

My eyes widened. I grew up with her love and trust. She made sure that I am doing what I really wanted to do. Everything that makes me happy, that I don’t have to follow my Dad’s order. She wanted me to be free and to decide with my own life but why is she doing this?  Why was she asking me to do things she knew herself I never wanted!?

 

“Your Dad only wants the best for you, he know what he is doing”

“Mom what are you talking about? You always want me to do what I love to do- you’re-”

 

I was stopped the moment she kneels down in front of me. My heart shatters into pieces. It was my Mom, the most important person in my life that is begging me to do things I never want to do on behalf of my father.

 

“Please Jiyong marry her, we disrespect your father enough by choosing every single thing you wanted to do without his consent. He let you be a singer even though he hates it. I am worthless in this family and all I did was tolerate you for refusing to follow your father’s decisions. Please Jiyong-”

 

I look at my father as I watch how he is enjoying seeing Mom begging me just to do what he wants me to do. I held my Mom’s hand as I make her sit beside me and pull her into a hug. If it wasn’t for my sick Mom, I’ll never do this.

 

“I will, I will marry her”

 

I said as I feel my Mom tightens her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter