Chapter I - Flashbacks

Learn to love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I felt the cold wind passes through my skin the moment I open my heavy eyes. Another day to be thankful for but I cannot find any single reason why I should be. Today is everyone’s “special day”. It is obvious just by hearing the rushing footsteps outside my room. Everyone’s busy and excited. I walk in front of the open window as my eyes landed on the beauty of the sun shining bright across the blooming garden outside. I watch busy people walking back and forth to arrange everything needed; my Mom is talking to the staffs, pointing some things that might need polishing. She’s hands on and undeniably, happy. The way her eyes smiles proved it. I cannot wish for anything else but to see her smile like that, to make my parents happy. I let the cold wind pass through my skin, there’s no cold air can surpass the coldness that my heart feels anyway. My eyes moved to the beautiful wedding dress beside my couch and a tear automatically escape my eye along with a sarcastic smirk.

 

What the hell just happened to my life?

 

I was once called “The Perfect Girl”. One of the most popular non-celebrity girl, a trendsetter and a lot of people wishes to be on my place because everything needed in life is in my hands until it all fades. Just like a fading colourful wet painting being soaked in the water, everything in my life went black and white. My father’s company got bankrupt; I gave up my dream, lost the man I love and now, my freedom has been taken away from me. Everything’s being gone in a blink of an eye.

Can you even guess how will I ever survive?

 

-

 

“Chaerin, baby”

 

I was back from my thoughts the moment I heard my Mom as she enters my room. She looks so excited that she can’t even remove the smile on her face. She gave me a peck on my cheek and hugs me tight, never fail to give me that when I need it the most.

 

“How was your sleep?”

She asked; I don’t even know if I was asleep. It more seems like closing my eyes for a long time. I gave her a nod with a force smile as she holds my hand.

 

“Are you excited?”

 

I laugh sarcastically inside, I was never excited! Who will ever be when you’re about to marry a man you have never seen and doesn’t even know the name. He ditched the family dinner his parents arranged twice for us to meet before the wedding and now, how I just wish he’ll do the same. I wish him to ditch this wedding as well but, who am I to decide my fate? Who am I to be against the things that can make my family okay when I am the one that dragged them down? It was all because of me.

 

“Of course I am”

 

I answered bitterly, I don’t want to worry my Mom, she’d been through a lot because of me and it is the only option left to repay them. My parents are against this marriage but, I still insist of doing this for them, for our company. My Dad worked hard for that and I can’t just let it falls down. Besides, everything in my life has been taken away from me so might as well make it worst?

 

“I never thought it will be this soon”

 

My mother said with a broken voice obviously trying to stop her tears. I can’t help but hug her. Aside from him, Mom and Dad are the most precious to me, I can’t wish for any other parents since they gave me all the love I needed.

 

“Enough of this drama, you need to start dressing up. The wedding will start in few hours”

 

Mom said as she gave me another peck and left me inside the room after giving me the warmest smile. I can’t help but broke down. If it’s not for Dad’s company, I will not be here. He gave his life and blood on that company and I can’t afford to see how painful it was for him to watch how it goes down. It was my fault, because of me he forgot to give his time to the business and this is the only way for me to repay them.

 

--

 

 

Flash Back

 

“Will you marry me?”

 

I was so speechless, unsure if I really heard it right. It was the moment I’ve been waiting for that if I can even grab the ring from him to place it on my finger to make sure that he’ll be mine, I will do.

 

“Are you serious?”

“Sincere and serious Chaerin”

 

He answered.

 

“I promise to love you forever, please marry me”

 

He added as I reach for his hand, my body was shaking but still, I managed to answer him yes as I pull him into a hug. Both of us are crying.

 

“I love you”

 

He said as he places the ring on my finger. It feels so wonderful like it was the happiest day of my life.

 

“I love you too!”

 

I said looking directly on his sincere eyes. It was his asset, he have these eyes that comforts me, eyes that makes me safe, eyes that assures me.

 

“Were getting married!!! She’s mine forever!!”

 

He shouted as I was about to stop him but before I was able to speak, I was stopped by his kiss. This is my favourite after all, to taste his lips with mine.

 

--

 

“So he’ll drop by?”

 

I nodded to my best friend Bom’s question, she and my another best friend Minzy decided to drop by on my condo after hearing the news that he proposes to be my better half last night.

 

“Oh gush how sweet, he was from a far province, attended some convention and has a meeting to attend later this evening but still decided to have a quick dinner with you. Don’t waste time and marry that man as soon as possible okay?”

 

Minzy said while placing the drinks on the dining table.

 

“I will and you guys know how I won’t let him go. He’s my everything!”

 

I said as they both chuckled telling me that it was so cheesy!

 

“Fine, we’ll go now. Your everything might be here in a while. We don’t want to make you guys fe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter