Chapter 2 - The Groom

Learn to love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sitting in front of a human size mirror, I watch myself holding the bouquet of my favourite tulips. I look more perfect with this simple and yet elegant wedding dress.  “The beautiful girl everyone adores is back” the make-up artist said a while. I smiled bitterly, this was never me. I close my eyes as another tear fell. Was it insane to admit that up until this moment, I am still waiting for him to come and save me from this nightmare?

I heard the door opens as I brush the tear away not wanting any single person to see how broken I am on their happy day.

 

“You look so beautiful”

 

I was surprised to see his Dad in front of me. I don’t even know what to feel, like it was yesterday when I had an argument with him not wanting to give up for his son and now, he is facing me, about to marry another man.

 

“You should be happy chaerin”

“Dad”

 

I still calls him that, after all, he’s all I ever want to be my father in law. They were my second family.

 

“I know how awkward for you to call me that now but you are allowed to call me your father whenever you want. You- You will always be the perfect daughter in law!”

 

He said as he hugs me. I can never hold the tears so I let them go.

 

“Hush”

 

He said as he wipes the tears away.

 

“If he is watching, he surely regrets leaving you”

 

He jokes that made me force a smile. It is visible on his voice that he also tries to stop his tears.

 

“I’m sorry”

 

I said being sorry that here I am no longer be able to fulfil my promises to be with his son.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter