Chapter 14 - The Safe Haven

Learn to love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jiyong’s POV

 

“The call time tomorrow is 8am so I advised you to just sleep tonight and avoid controversies”

 

Soon Ho said before he sends us all into our respective rooms. I throw myself into the king size bed of my suite releasing a long sigh. I am spending 3 days and two nights alone in this empty room in Japan. This was supposed to be a trip with Chaerin, we settled the plan of her accompanying me here since she don’t want to be bored and wanted to explore Japan as well but everything changes last minute before the flight. She refused to join me saying that she’s not feeling well and I don’t have anything to do but to just agree with her decision. Everything gets weird that moment we went to grocery store and met few acquaintances of her. She told me they were just friends but some part of me tells me it is something more as her mood was perfectly ruined after talking to the girl privately, not letting me and the other guy knows about the talk. I wanted to go but she doesn’t want me to. It was weird to find her facing a man who doesn’t even recognize her while she lets all the stuffs we bought fell off the floor. Her eyes were red and her voice was broken that time and I can’t hide the fact that I am too bothered with that. Were they related to her past or rather to the ex-fiance?

I honestly don’t understand the mixed emotions I feel inside whenever I think about Chaerin or Us. I know we never started well but everything between us improves a lot day by day. Even we didn’t expect it to be like this but with the help of each other, we did. Ever since she came into my life, I never felt so alone until now because knowing that idea of her being on my side comforted me a lot. Did I really allow myself to trust her that I am now depending on her?

My phone beep as I immediately checks it hoping that it is Chaerin but to my dismay, it is Seungri who’s inviting me to hang out with them at the hotel’s bar. Surprisingly, unlike what I usually do during out of town trips, I refused telling him that I am tired. She never contacted me since the moment we arrived here and I can’t find the courage to do it as well. I know Chaerin is not fine and I badly want to be there for her but I still have a lot of responsibilities to fulfil for my group.

I stood up reaching for a can of beer from the mini ref as I walk my way out to the balcony of my room, the beautiful view of Tokyo can’t even calm all the thoughts inside my head. I remember that day I spent on the house of the family of Chaerin, it was one of the things that overwhelmed me most. Seeing them like that, being happy just by seeing each other makes me happy as well despite of being jealous as I never experience to have such adorable family. They made me feel welcome and loved even for a few hours. I wanted to have that kind of family as well, and for now, I want to have it with Chaerin.

Love wasn’t welcome in my life before but ever since she came, everything changes and I want more of it. I want to see more of the future and I am starting to care for every single thing that involves her. She made me realize that everything is possible when you decided to make it possible. I care for Chaerin, I like her.

 

“My daughter’s life is a puzzle and for now, she lost some pieces of it. I know you both don’t want the marriage but I want to trust you Jiyong, I hope you can take care of her.”

 

I remember her father told me that morning we had breakfast and Chaerin and her mother were still asleep. He was a funny guy but when it comes to her daughter, he can be serious and all. I see how he loves her daughter which I never saw on my own father. I want to be like him.

 

--

 

Three days passed so fast like it never happened, all I felt was being tired and pissed as fudge since Chaerin  never dared contacting me all three days. I end up calling her multiple times every single day but it just routed back to her voice mail directly. When I get

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter