chapter 8

Which piece of art is perfect though?

Really, it bothered Taehyung more than he wanted to admit. But he couldn´t decide what to feel! It´s been a week already since that stupid co-worker had approached him in the rudest way and he had gone to the bar Jungkook had shown him to get wasted. Which had worked well. Too well, apparently. He remembered being carried home and tucked in his bed by strong arms. And he couldn´t be sure, but was quite certain that it had been Jungkook.

That was the point where Taehyung started to panic whenever he remembered it. Because Jungkook had known where he lived. How?! The dare-to-be artist couldn´t possibly know as he never told him and made sure his name and address weren´t on the internet or something. So how did he know where he lived?

But that was not everything. For being able to lay somebody on his bed you have to enter their home. Which meant that somebody - not just anybody but Jeon Jungkook - had been inside of HIS apartment! At this point Taehyung should be in utter rage and fear because of the shameless intrusion. So why why was it not the case? Jungkook might´ve used the opportunity to sniff around everywhere as he was so eager to get to know him better. What had he discovered? What did he know by now? And why the hell Taehyung was too calm for this very situation, as if he had nothing to be worried about?

Still, worse had happened. As for Taehyung could remember having a nightmare of his past and he was very sure that he had said something. What exactly, he couldn´t remember. God, I will never ever again drink alcohol.

However, this was one side. On the other hand, the young man could remember the soft touch of the artist´s hand on his head. It wouldn´t leave his mind. He caught himself touching the spot where Jungkooks hand had been over and over again. Everytime he remembered the touch, his body began to tingle for no reason. It freaked him out. As he no longer was able to understand his body and his feelings. What´s happening to me?

Lost in thoughts, he walked around, not minding the direction he went. The weather was nice, so it didn´t matter.

"The hell, V!!! Will you stop walking and finally wait for me now!"

Taehyung was so surprised and shocked that he tripped and fell down. The other one was immediately there, helping him to get up. Turned out, the one shouting had been that lively Jimin-guy. Had he been calling out to him for long? He hadn´t noticed at all. Whatever. He smiled apologetic to the smaller one and waited for him to explain himself. It didn´t take the slightly older one long to begin talking.

"V, please, I need your help. It´s urgent!"

Taehyungs whole body stiffened at these words.

Jimin, not noticing the change went on: "It´s about Jungkook. I don´t know what to do anymore."

Suddenly, it became very cold. He had known it. Somehow, Taehyung had known that it was about the artist and that something was terribly wrong. He was unable to answer, his jaw had been frozen by the cold spreading everywhere.

"He doesn´t eat or drink or sleep anymore. He doesn´t even speak. And he´s gotten unaware of everything." The older´s voice started to crackle. "I can talk with him, I can touch him and carry him around, I can cook his favourite meal, I can use his painting utensils but he doesn´t react AT ALL!" Jimin was sobbing by now. And Taehyung was very close, too.

Suddenly, Jimin grabbed his shirt and pulled him down. With already red eyes, he begged: "Please, V. Help him. He is merely more than an empty shell. And I´m affraid you are the only one who can make a change."

At this, Taehyung looked him straight in the face,searching for hints of what he was talking about. In this moment, his voice returned. "Wha do you mean?", he rasped. Jimin blushed hard, his face taking the colour of a ripe tomato in record time. He fumbled around a bit, then gave something small and flat to him. A ... a CD.

After that, he didn´t loose one more word to explain but ushered the deeply worried and still confused Taehyung to come with him.

 

--------------------------------------

 

"What happened?!" Taehyung couldn´t believe his eyes. Indeed, there he was, Jeon Jungkook, sitting on the couch and blankly staring at the wall. But it was not the same person Taehyung knew. In the few days they hadn´t seen each other, the maknae had become incredibly thinner and paler. He reminded him a lot of - himself! At that time. Only the injuries were missing. No! Don´t let the monsters in! The past is the past, you are okay. But still...

"Four days ago, as I came back home", Jimin whispered, "I saw him sitting infront of his laptop, crying hard."

Taehyung turned around to look at the worried man.

"At first, I thought he was playing a joke on me. Because he never cries. He just doesn´t. And I know him almost my whole life. But there he sat, weeping and sobbing for hours, as if there would be no tomorrow."

Taehyung couldn´t avert his eyes anymore. "Why?", he simply asked.

Jimin desperately threw his hands up. "I don´t know! The only thing I know is, that he said the name 'Taehyung'."

Shocked, that very Taehyung whirled around, wide-eyed.

Getting more and more silent with every word, the older added: "It would be the only word he says since that day."