chapter 16

Which piece of art is perfect though?

Never.

The word resonated in Jungkook´s body. It made him savour his friendship with Jimin even more than he already did. He wouldn´t have been holding it against him if Jimin had pushed him away because he was desiring an other man. But Jimin did not do such a thing. He accepted him the way he was. Had promised him to never leave him. To stay with him through thick and thin. And made the young artist wonder with what he had deserved a true friend like Jimin. He didn´t even notice the tears escaping his eyes until his friend pulled him in a tight embrace and his back to calm him down. Which actually made it worse, hot salty streams uncontrollably running down his cheeks now. Not knowing what else to do, Jungkook kept muttering thank you´s to Jimin, again and again and again. Unsurprisingly, he was at a loss of words to explain his friend how much he meant to him. He never had been good with this and certainly was in no shape to properly tell him at this moment. So he just could repeat himself for now while wetting his friend´s shirt with tears.

It was then that Taehyung announced his arrival with a loud and confident knock. Jimin gently pulled out of his dongsaeng´s grip and went opening the door. With deep booming voice Taehyung instantly began jabbering as soon as he set foot inside.

"Hi Kookie, you won´t believe me what just happened! I was on my way here as always as suddenly...", he trailed off. Jungkook couldn´t see very well thanks to the fact that he still was crying but he could imagine the confusion and shock showing on Taehyung´s face as he noticed what was going on. There were quick steps and moments later big hands carefully cupped his face.

"Kookie, what´s wrong? Please tell me what happened", Taehyung whispered in his unique deep voice which Jungkook loved so much. He sniffed a bit. And then the tears stopped. Without a warning. From one second to the other. It hadn´t taken more than his lover touching his face and speaking a couple of words to afford what Jimin couldn´t for half an hour. If Jungkook hadn´t known since quite some time that the in every way beautiful man infront of him held his heart, he would´ve realized it now as his body was so easily calmed by him.

Finally being able to speak again, he stated his mind. "Jimin is a friend like nobody else in this world. I ain´t sure if I´m worth him as he just had proven himself once more a better friend I could ever ask for." With an apologetic look, the maknae added "I was just very touched and overwhelmed by his kindness. Sorry..."

Taehyung bumped their heads together before whiping away the remnants of his tears with both of his thumbs.

"There is nothing to be sorry about", he said, not breaking eye contact.

From far away, Jungkook caught Jimin´s "Oh, I forgot I have a rather important meeting with my boss, don´t wait for me tonight" as his hyung left in a hurry. And he almost started crying again as he understood that Jimin was going and giving them time for themselves, leaving the house to them for the night. He would make a point to grant his best friend a wish if he got back. How nice could one be?

His attention snapped back to Taehyung. Who was still watching him with soft warm brown yet clear eyes. And hadn´t stopped moving his slender fingers all over his face. Every caress, ever fingerstroke left a hot burning trail on Jungkook´s face. The artist leaned in the touch and let himself get lost in the sensation. He felt as if the patterns drawn on his skin were the explanation to everything, to the world. So he concentrated on it the best he could, memorizing every , swirl and bow. The net of lines thickened and it took him all of his strength to keep track of the pattern. But then, Taehyung suddenly leaned in and slightly nipped on his lower lip. And the lines vanished out of his mind. As Taehyung was the only thing he could think of now.

Another tug on his lip had him opening his mouth to the other. Who didn´t hesitate to accept the invitation. Jungkook shivered as Taehyung kissed him agonizing slowly, his tongue moving lazily, making his impatience grow to no end.

Just as it got unbearable, they parted, gasping for fresh air. It was then that Jungkook noticed the change on Taehyung. His normally dark brown eyes, something between burnt umber and chestnut, had now the colour of onyx, pupils widened. And then there was the matter of his long eyelashes, adding depth and shadows. Making it even harder to look away. Fascinated, the artist continued studying the mystery of Taehyung´s changed eye colour. His hands moved on its own, carefully touching the eyelashes in utter curiousity of how it might feel. Then he noticed the mole directly under Taehyung´s right eye. And, of course, touched it too ever so slightly. What a stunning face...

"You are perfect", he breathed without further thinking about it.

The older stilled. "I could say the same about you. But you are far from realizing how breathtaking you are for yourself, aren´t you?"

Jungkook had to lean closer to understand the next words, spoken barely audible.

"And like that, you have no idea how much you are torturing me everytime I look at you, touch you, and have to stop as I am affraid of breaking you."